X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

I know that.
    But the cake is A No No.
    I’m not paying $80 for a cake when I can make something very similar for less at home. I think I even have the Black Irish flavor they used.

I mean, Mariah, get money, sis, but it won’t be mine this time.

Comment

• Comment

• It's a disgrace that the remixes of AIWFCIY (incl. duet versions) do not count towards the original when remixes of today usually do add to the original... the only difference is that guest acts are then tagged on by BB.
        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
          It's a disgrace that the remixes of AIWFCIY (incl. duet versions) do not count towards the original when remixes of today usually do add to the original... the only difference is that guest acts are then tagged on by BB.
          Well, as far as I know they only count a certain number of versions towards the one thing and Mariah has three things counting already.

Isnt the Justin version on a different label, so obviously that cannot count.
          " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
          Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
            It's articles like that which will sway BB one day to amend their charting rules bc they cater to public perception... and a current chart with songs on it which are older than the current acts parents is not a good look.

BB and all music charts need to answer this question:

Do they want to be a consumption chart or not? If they do, then the current system needs to stay indefinitely.

btw without ACR Mariah would have been in striking distance to #1 in the UK last week.

Merry Christmas is currently sitting in 11 countries' charts... and tendency rising. It will surpass 100,000 in global consumption sales this week.

it might just crack the ifpi top 50 this year. Let's hope it does.
            I guess that's what they explained when they changed the rule to the current one as well as the inclusion of album cuts. They want BB to reflect the music consumption for the week. No clamor from any labels so they believe that the rule is the closest measurement of what the current consumption really is. The columnist either doesn't understand how music works now or just hate christmas.
            A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post
              Any particular reason you struck out Bublé?

Comment

I’m not paying $80 for a cake when I can make something very similar for less at home. I think I even have the Black Irish flavor they used.

I mean, Mariah, get money, sis, but it won’t be mine this time.
                The Black Irish thing is amazing.
                But the cake, nope.
                I've seen pics and people (lambs) were mad on Twitter, like it had nothing to do with the pic

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Well, as far as I know they only count a certain number of versions towards the one thing and Mariah has three things counting already.

so why did that Taylor song with its 23 versions had 23 version count towards it? (in 2020?)
                  My Chart

Comment

• The inclusion of the remixes and if they count for the OG (or if someone is credited in a track) is very arbitrary in general.

Comment

• Angel Champagne is still around, and much cheaper than it was in 2010.

I wonder if Mariah is still attached to the brand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

The Black Irish thing is amazing.
                        But the cake, nope.
                        I've seen pics and people (lambs) were mad on Twitter, like it had nothing to do with the pic
                        Didn’t they use Black Irish to make the cake?

Comment

• I hope they push C(BPCH), it has a potential to be her classic and might even reach number 1
                          Mariah Carey- The Queen of Queens And The Goddess of Goddesses

Comment

• what's happening in the US spotify?
                            brenda is at #2
                            jingle bell rock at #4 and Mariah at #5. now she's not only losing to brenda but anothe xmas song.
                            in the other hand in the global she jumped to #3 (while jingle bell rock and brenda are at #13 and #14)
                            also CBPCH re-entered global spotify at #141

Comment

• Some AIW numbers:

US Amazon Digital Songs
                              *two versions charting

US Apple Music

US YouTube

US iTunes

US Spotify

Plus:

All I Want for Christmas Is You (Extra Festive) #22 on US iTunes.

Comment

Angel Champagne is still around, and much cheaper than it was in 2010.

I wonder if Mariah is still attached to the brand.
                                I guess so.

Originally posted by banksy View Post
                                Didn’t they use Black Irish to make the cake?
                                Yes!
                                I was talking about the decoration of the cake

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                  what's happening in the US spotify?
                                  brenda is at #2
                                  jingle bell rock at #4 and Mariah at #5. now she's not only losing to brenda but anothe xmas song.
                                  in the other hand in the global she jumped to #3 (while jingle bell rock and brenda are at #13 and #14)
                                  Let’s also don’t forget that Mariah is leading on the other steaming platforms, like Apple and Amazon music. And I’m pretty sure that AIW is also the lead in terms of sales. So I would say the song’s performance overall is not that bad? Maybe she’s behind and losing only on Spotify and ahead and gaining now overall across all platforms?

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Maybe she can consider releasing an EP next year with ALL versions of AIW included, that might be a solution? I am not an expert in legal and copyright stuff but that might work?

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                      what's happening in the US spotify?
                                      brenda is at #2
                                      It doesn't matter the position but the number itself.
                                      And if you look at it, the difference is very small.
                                      JBR is 19K ahead and RATCT 53K.
                                      A +500K difference at this stage would be "alarming" in any case, not numbers like these.

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post

Let’s also don’t forget that Mariah is leading on the other steaming platforms, like Apple and Amazon music. And I’m pretty sure that AIW is also the lead in terms of sales. So I would say the song’s performance overall is not that bad? Maybe she’s behind and losing only on Spotify and ahead and gaining now overall across all platforms?
                                        Unfortunately, as per the HITS chart, the supposed advantage she has on the other platforms is not really that much of an advantage this year. It looks like her paid streams are weaker than the others.

Comment

• Comment

• You better flex, gurl.

Comment

• There's a perfect symmetry to this, I love it. If there was an artist i don't mind Mariah following it's Michael Jackson.

Comment

• i wouldnt worry yet, i would be worried if Mariahs tean disccount the song on itunes, that means they scared and wants extra points. Im sure they have connection with Billboard to know how the points are looking.

Comment

• Originally posted by carey18ph View Post

I guess that's what they explained when they changed the rule to the current one as well as the inclusion of album cuts. They want BB to reflect the music consumption for the week. No clamor from any labels so they believe that the rule is the closest measurement of what the current consumption really is. The columnist either doesn't understand how music works now or just hate christmas.
                                                  The thing is Billboard looks very sensitive to stan twitter. They know that by playing to the fanbases and these #1 debuts, particularly in an era where there's more access to data....means people will talk about them more and raise their profile. Love it or hate them they hve the longest history....and with Rolling Stone now out of the picture there's no competition.

If they are dead serious about reflecting true music consumption they wouldve deleted and reduce the impact multiple copies and website sales has on the equation. We've said it many times. The only reason why BTS and Taylor Swift (and many other acts) have done what they've done the past 2 years is because of this same rule.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post
                                                    i wouldnt worry yet, i would be worried if Mariahs tean disccount the song on itunes, that means they scared and wants extra points. Im sure they have connection with Billboard to know how the points are looking.
                                                    I don't think that's the way it works, nor that Mariah is worried by the song going #1 or not as the lambs are tbh.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X