• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

She had like 5 more on her website LOL.
    And all of them counted.

Anyway...
    How do you know what Billboard actually counted though ? No one does.
    And nah she had the original, three witch remixes ( midnight, lonely and dancing), then she dropped a demo version and an instrumental so that was 6 in total !

On Youtube she had about ten videos though. The official video, a lyric video, a video for each of the three remixes, then onr more behind the scenes videos, then four more Yulelog videos. She really did the most !!

The biggest thing Taylor was dragged for was the discounts. Then more discounts. Then further discounts. Discounted discounts
    " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
    Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

That would be amazing.
      But I don't have problem with Brenda getting all the weeks this year tbh.
      Mariah did that during 2 consecutive years, broke many records last year, went #1 in the UK which was almost impossible due to that rule, and this year she already has achieved the Diamond Certification, the 1B streams on Spotify and the title as the Greatest Holiday 100 Song Of All Time, plus she's collecting #1's around the World. That's why I'm not that concerned about not being #1 this year, tho I think it's gonna happen anyway.
      Yeah I agree, I think some fans are too caught up on it being one every year and thinking that is the definitive thing that needs to happen. I remember how amazed I was when I saw it reach 9 one year, then 7. I find it a bit boring now cos it is almost guaranteed to reach at least 1 for a week, before it was OMG the song is STILL going higher.. cos no one knew then. I remember one year it went like 5, 7 then jumped to 3 or something. I almost choked seeing it at 3. Now some people are gonna see it as a failure if it "only" gets to 2. Nah. Its still amazing.
      " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
      Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post
        Oh thats great!! i cant wait to see what theh have ready for us
        Hopefully something festive!

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

How do you know what Billboard actually counted though ? No one does.
          And nah she had the original, three witch remixes ( midnight, lonely and dancing), then she dropped a demo version and an instrumental so that was 6 in total !

On Youtube she had about ten videos though. The official video, a lyric video, a video for each of the three remixes, then onr more behind the scenes videos, then four more Yulelog videos. She really did the most !!

The biggest thing Taylor was dragged for was the discounts. Then more discounts. Then further discounts. Discounted discounts
          Drag her!

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
            Yeah I agree, I think some fans are too caught up on it being one every year and thinking that is the definitive thing that needs to happen. I remember how amazed I was when I saw it reach 9 one year, then 7. I find it a bit boring now cos it is almost guaranteed to reach at least 1 for a week, before it was OMG the song is STILL going higher.. cos no one knew then. I remember one year it went like 5, 7 then jumped to 3 or something. I almost choked seeing it at 3. Now some people are gonna see it as a failure if it "only" gets to 2. Nah. Its still amazing.
            Exactly.
            Plus is ridiculous to think she's gonna be #1 forever.
            Personally I never thought she would have a 19 #1 - and never imagined it was going to be with this song.
            It's like she closed a cycle for me at this point.

Of course the song will continue to do amazing on the charts worldwide since it's already a classic.

But the most important things for me, she's already achieved 'em:
            19th #1 (and multi-week with huge points)
            Only artist to have a solo #1 in 4 different decades
            #1 in the UK
            Diamond Certification
            1B views in Spotify

and well, being named the Greatest Holiday 100 Song was the cherry on the cake.

(She broke more many records as the RIAA stated, but those are the most impressive ones IMO).

Worst case scenario: being #2

Comment

• Originally posted by carey18ph View Post

I don't mind Brenda going no 1 this year. i just want AIW to have at least 1 week coz media likes to twist the narative - they might say something like "we have a new queen of Christmas " or something like that ..
              I agree with this. I also dont mind brenda going no. 1, but you know what the media does these days.
              AsaPUKE ing bola
              king lalam ning TETE

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                what's happening in the US spotify?
                brenda is at #2
                jingle bell rock at #4 and Mariah at #5. now she's not only losing to brenda but anothe xmas song.
                in the other hand in the global she jumped to #3 (while jingle bell rock and brenda are at #13 and #14)
                also CBPCH re-entered global spotify at #141
                I honestly think spotify needs to be investigated/regulated. It sometimes uses its power to dictate/select songs or to up songs in its playlists, which is unfair. It doesnt reflect the sentiment of the gp.
                AsaPUKE ing bola
                king lalam ning TETE

Comment

• Totally OT, but Portrait is such a gorgeous closing track.

Having a Caution album moment tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by 05musicbox View Post

I honestly think spotify needs to be investigated/regulated. It sometimes uses its power to dictate/select songs or to up songs in its playlists, which is unfair. It doesnt reflect the sentiment of the gp.
                    Are you using this for or against Mariah cause AIWFCIU is #1 on basically every single Spotify Christmas playlist . . .

Comment

• Doesn't it ever stay
                      Must it always fade away
                      Couldn't love ever be
                      Something tangible and real?
                      Farewell, fair weather friend
                      Abandonment returns to taunt me again….

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                        Protect her at all costs!

Her voice sounds very rested there!

Comment

• I am always so amused by Mariah’s top songs on Apple Music around Christmas

This year it’s

AIWFCIY, WBT, Unforgettable, ABMB, Fantasy, SIO, Oh Santa Remix, #B

Comment

• Even if she don’t hit #1 and Brenda blocks her, she still be #1 at billboard global hot100

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                              Doesn't it ever stay
                              Must it always fade away
                              Couldn't love ever be
                              Something tangible and real?
                              Farewell, fair weather friend
                              Abandonment returns to taunt me again….
                              The poetry. I can't.

Comment

Even if she don’t hit #1 and Brenda blocks her, she still be #1 at billboard global hot100
                                Both Global 200 & Global Excl. U.S.

Last year she topped the 3 big charts

Comment

• AIW is doing so well on US iTunes without discount, I'm so glad she didn't go for it (currently at #6).

Oh, and btw, All I Want for Christmas Is You (Extra Festive) Top 20 on US iTunes at #19, we love to see it.

Comment

• OMG this is so RARE!!!

This was before the first Beacon Xmas Show (Dec 8th '15).

[RARE] Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You | live at Jay-Z's Birthday, December 4 2015

Comment

• Reading the thread after a long weekend. Seems the sentiment has changed. Late November while some mentioned cautiously about “classic songs” and one in particular doing well and surprising AIW because of campaigns and Spotify shadiness, it was like why are people talking about that song? You’re obsessed? Etc and now Spotify and that song is all we talk about.
                                      All discourse is good. We’re all lambs

Comment

• Amazing! I'm excited that Mariah is excited.

Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Comment

• Brings a tear to the eye!

Comment

• Ive been thinking that Mariah probably feels weird about pushing C(BPCH) given that it would compete directly with Darlene Loves original version and kind of steal the thunder of whats pretty much her most well-known song, at this point.

However, Mariahs streaming numbers keep growing and growing each year and it makes no sense to deny both (herself and the song) more popularity, for which I propose we campaign for both of them to record a version together next year. (?)

Comment

It doesn't matter the position but the number itself.
                                              And if you look at it, the difference is very small.
                                              JBR is 19K ahead and RATCT 53K.
                                              A +500K difference at this stage would be "alarming" in any case, not numbers like these.
                                              Setting today's 53k US number against Mariah's nearly 2 million stream lead globally puts things into perspective. WHAM is her closest Christmas competitor and she's nearly a million ahead of him.
                                              Last edited by MeltAway; Mon December 6, 2021, 03:54.

Comment

AIW is doing so well on US iTunes without discount, I'm so glad she didn't go for it (currently at #6).

Oh, and btw, All I Want for Christmas Is You (Extra Festive) Top 20 on US iTunes at #19, we love to see it.

It's incredible that the original's sales are holding up so well with the Extra Festive version in the Top 20 too. If BB counted its sales and streams there would be no question in our mind about Brenda's chances. But it is fun and exciting to have both these legendary ladies in the hunt for US #1. Still, my money is Mariah.

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

Fri - 505,849 (#1) vs. 646,108 (#1)
                                                  Sat - 657,887 (#1) vs. 847,643 (#1)

I think one thing is looking certain, do not expect her to break the Global Spotify record from last year nor beat Adele's current record of 19m. Let's accept that now....if it repeats the pattern it'll be just above 2019 and well down on 2020. I'm predicting it'll be lucky to hit 15m global streams this season on Christmas Eve.
                                                  Good point. It'll be interesting to see how high it can get Christmas Eve.

Comment

Even if she don’t hit #1 and Brenda blocks her, she still be #1 at billboard global hot100
                                                    Even if Brenda were to eek out a week or two at #1 on Streaming Songs, I still don't think it would be enough to overcome Mariah's overall point lead, which is considerable. We'll see.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X