No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soooo someone left a comment under my YouTube upload of my own bootleg version of the Angel's Advocate album saying the actual real Angel's Advocate album had leaked in Argentina and some lambs had it. Has anyone heard of the real album leaking? And if so why hasn’t it been leaked yet amongst the lambily? I’m thinking this person is either full of it or confused and thinks a bootleg version is the real thing.
    Last edited by XanderIsMe05; Mon December 6, 2021, 05:04.

Comment

• So so so happy to see AIW hitting 1 billion streams! That’s so huge and well-deserved. Next up should be WBT I guess
      She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• ^I haven really calculated but AIW will hit 2B and prob reach 2 Diamond in US before WBT even hit 1B

Comment

• I think we are ok with Mariah not surpassing 19M. We are not the ones worried about everything about AIWFC.
          The song is a monster hit worldwide.

Stop the fears, if something we've learned the last 2 years is what it is important in life. Enjoy the moment

Comment

• And I agree with InFamous for the 2nd time in my life. The song has grown in the charts year after year and now we only want #1s. But she's done it twice. It's great

Comment

• Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post

Are you using this for or against Mariah cause AIWFCIU is #1 on basically every single Spotify Christmas playlist . . .
              Not really.
              I guess you just said that without even checking...

Out of the 10 biggest Spotify's editorial Xmas playlists:

- Christmas Hits - #1 (actually back to #1 two days ago, it was #2 behind Last Xmas from Nov 22 to Dec 3)
              - Christmas Pop - #17
              - Weihnachtshits - #7
              - Christmas Is Coming - #4
              - Weihnachtsklassiker - #24
              - Christmas Favourites - #1
              - Christmas Party - #7
              - Christmas Crackers - #7
              - Happy Holidays - #14
              - Holiday Magic - #7

As you can see, what you said is not true. Only #1 in 2 out of 10.

Not to mention that there are dozens of Christmas playlists where she's not featured... (Christmas Classics, 2nd biggest with 2.4M, lots of genre Xmas playlists -jazzy, acoustic, rock, folky, carols- etc). So obviously not "every single Spotify Christmas playlist"...

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Yeah I agree, I think some fans are too caught up on it being one every year and thinking that is the definitive thing that needs to happen. I remember how amazed I was when I saw it reach 9 one year, then 7. I find it a bit boring now cos it is almost guaranteed to reach at least 1 for a week, before it was OMG the song is STILL going higher.. cos no one knew then. I remember one year it went like 5, 7 then jumped to 3 or something. I almost choked seeing it at 3. Now some people are gonna see it as a failure if it "only" gets to 2. Nah. Its still amazing.
                I know it is amazing and because of that, i'm a bit greedy and want to get Lil Nas X's record. That still excites me. Once AIW reclaims it then it can rest
                A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post

Not really.
                  I guess you just said that without even checking...

Out of the 10 biggest Spotify's editorial Xmas playlists:

- Christmas Hits - #1 (actually back to #1 two days ago, it was #2 behind Last Xmas from Nov 22 to Dec 3)
                  - Christmas Pop - #17
                  - Weihnachtshits - #7
                  - Christmas Is Coming - #4
                  - Weihnachtsklassiker - #24
                  - Christmas Favourites - #1
                  - Christmas Party - #7
                  - Christmas Crackers - #7
                  - Happy Holidays - #14
                  - Holiday Magic - #7

As you can see, what you said is not true. Only #1 in 2 out of 10.

Not to mention that there are dozens of Christmas playlists where she's not featured... (Christmas Classics, 2nd biggest with 2.4M, lots of genre Xmas playlists -jazzy, acoustic, rock, folky, carols- etc). So obviously not "every single Spotify Christmas playlist"...
                  I remember looking at Christmas playlists last year or the year before and it was #1 on pretty much everyone I went to… I didn’t actually check this year, just assumed.

I sincerely apologize for not checking before posting, I hope against hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me

Comment

• Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post

I remember looking at Christmas playlists last year or the year before and it was #1 on pretty much everyone I went to… I didn’t actually check this year, just assumed.

I sincerely apologize for not checking before posting, I hope against hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me
                    Actually previous years' positions can be checked there as well and it wasn't #1 on every playlist either. Just in some of them and at certain points. You can create an account and check it yourself if you want to.

Comment

• I find it very disrespectful and an affront to musical taste that AIWFCIY is not #1 on all those playlists.

Like wtf?

It's an insult to the Christmas spirit, to the Winter Solstice, to sweet baby Santa Claus, to Christmas in winter, to Christmas in summer, to Christmas trees, and to the month of December.
                      Last edited by InfoFromAus; Mon December 6, 2021, 09:09.
                      MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                        I find it very disrespectful and an affront to musical taste that AIWFCIY is not #1 on all those playlists.

Like wtf?

It's an insult to the Christmas spirit, to the Winter Solstice, to sweet baby Santa Claus, to Christmas in winter, to Christmas in summer, to Christmas trees, and to the month of December.
                        It's strange tbh, but it's ok

Comment

• But to respond to that question about 'riggory' on behalf of spotify - playlist are like the new radio stations.

Radio networks used to dictate what was played, when it was played, and how often. Sometimes that involved deals and payments from record labels.

So it's no surprise that spotify will do the same. It's part of the business. Sometimes it works in Mariah's favour, and sometimes it doesn't - much like radio play.
                          MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Apparently Mariah isnt playlisted on (m)any pandora stations??

I personally do not have pandora so i dont know if this is true, but if it is, it may explain why streaming numbers are close?

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Pandora has been an interesting one .

The streaming figures from that platform (as shared in the chart thread) list the Extra Festive version of AIW and not the original.
                              We don't seem to know if that was a mistake on behalf of those who shared the stats, Pandora mislabeling the song, them deliberately choosing the Extra Festive version, or if it was a label decision.

Maybe the original was never included on Pandora? Perhaps there was a mix up now with availability?
                              MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• i read from another board that AIW is not available to non-premium users on Pandora but i don't like tweet hinting its due to racisms

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                                  Pandora has been an interesting one .

The streaming figures from that platform (as shared in the chart thread) list the Extra Festive version of AIW and not the original.
                                  We don't seem to know if that was a mistake on behalf of those who shared the stats, Pandora mislabeling the song, them deliberately choosing the Extra Festive version, or if it was a label decision.

Maybe the original was never included on Pandora? Perhaps there was a mix up now with availability?

I am questioning, too, how large is Pandora's audience such that it significantly closes the gap from the leads MC has on Apple,Youtube, etc?

And if Pandora's audience is so wide, how is it that the EF version of AIWFCIY never charted again on Holiday Streaming charts?

It's all very interesting to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

And if Pandora's audience is so wide, how is it that the EF version of AIWFCIY never charted again on Holiday Streaming charts?
                                    Base on that tweet, AIW(EF) is not playlisted in those big xmas playlists, thus the outburst.

Comment

• Originally posted by ferrero View Post

Base on that tweet, AIW(EF) is not playlisted in those big xmas playlists, thus the outburst.
                                      So my understanding is that AIWFCIY isnt playlisted (much) on pandora and/or when it is playlisted it is the EF version?

Interesting.

Hopefully MC is able to make up the streaming points elsewhere.

Comment

• BTW AIW is #1 on Spotify Global!

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

So my understanding is that AIWFCIY isnt playlisted (much) on pandora and/or when it is playlisted it is the EF version?

Interesting.

Hopefully MC is able to make up the streaming points elsewhere.
                                          It def has because it has gotten to #1 on BB Hot 100 without Pandora.

Maybe thats why Mimi and her team felt its not that critical, and also i think that part of Mimi does want some success for EF version as well, afterall thats the motivation behind recording EF in the first place.

Comment

• Originally posted by MeltAway View Post
                                            It's incredible that the original's sales are holding up so well with the Extra Festive version in the Top 20 too. If BB counted its sales and streams there would be no question in our mind about Brenda's chances. But it is fun and exciting to have both these legendary ladies in the hunt for US #1. Still, my money is Mariah.
                                            Same!

---

AIW:

US Amazon Digital Songs
                                            *two versions charting

US iTunes
                                            (Plus, All I Want for Christmas Is You (Extra Festive) Top 20 on US iTunes at #18!)

US Spotify
                                            (And finally #1 on Global Spotify!)

US YouTube

US Apple Music

Last edited by Shaka; Mon December 6, 2021, 12:31.

Comment

• Originally posted by ferrero View Post
                                              BTW AIW is #1 on Spotify Global!

Comment

• Pandora is an interesting platform.
                                                And MC does amazing with her non-xmas stuff on there.
                                                I've read like she's one of the Top 20 most streamed acts (female).
                                                Weird that AIW isn't on any playlist tbh.

Comment

• OS Remix is now charting on 3 digital platforms in Germany... close to the top 100... it might just re-enter the German singles charts at some point this year... Germany somehow stans the song (Austria too).
                                                  My Chart

Comment

• So the gap on Spotify between her and Brenda is widening. So that RIAA Diamond news has no impact.......also it'll be questionable whether the 1billion on Spotify can help her a bit more (being Spotify afterall).

In the UK it's just dropped behind Wham. I wonder if that Elton John Ed Sheeran has any shot at the #1 this week. It's below Adele even on Spotify so unless they sell a ridiculous amount of sales.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X