No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So streams coming from playlists are considered as programmed streams? If so then AIW still has a little edge.
    A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Head on over to the Christmas Chart thread here for the latest ​Mariah's Massive Merriest Milestones

for more interesting chart facts and milestones just like this one:

Sound of Mariah fills the air: AIWFCIY is now Mariah's longest charting airplay hit on the Radio Songs chart (Hot 100 Airplay chart) ever with a total of 44 weeks putting it 1 ahead of former champ and mega success WBT. This is not a recent achievement with AIW charting over a period of 3 years in the 90s, and once in 2000. It has also charted consecutively for 10 years from 2012.
      MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by carey18ph View Post
        So streams coming from playlists are considered as programmed streams? If so then AIW still has a little edge.
        My unserstanding is stream points do not depend on playlists, but if you play them using a paid or free service.
        AsaPUKE ing bola
        king lalam ning TETE

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

This week (counting for next chart week) MC is way ahead on sales.
            On iTunes she's been leading since Friday without any discount, and on Amazon Digital Songs she has two versions: one at #2 and the other fluctuating between Top 30 - Top 15 (RATCT was mostly outside the Top 10).

And on radio I don't think the numbers are so tight.

Streaming is close tho, but we don't know by how much.

Spotify represents around 33%. Then Amazon, then Apple, and then other platforms in a smaller scale.
            AIW leads both Amazon & Apple, plus YouTube.

This is quite exciting!
            As far as I can see Brenda doesn't even have a youtube channel so Mariah has a massive advantage there as she has four ? videos pulling numbers for AIWFCIU
            Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
            Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

As far as I can see Brenda doesn't even have a youtube channel so Mariah has a massive advantage there as she has four ? videos pulling numbers for AIWFCIU
              Yeah, this is why it's a bit odd the streaming numbers are still relatively close. Perhaps there is an overestimation of youtube or a whole lot of views are being filtered (e.g. global views, etc).
              See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• It's that Broadway loves Mariah show tonight , hope we get video's.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrDash View Post

Has this been officially announced by the Corden show?

Comment

Bit weird they havent mentioned anything else tho. Probably is just a zoom interview of few minutes lets see

Comment

• Originally posted by MeltAway View Post
                      Interesting side note. Despite RATCT closing the gap to 9k streams last week, HITS showed Mariah with a 700,000 stream lead for the same week. And BB has her as the #1 streamed song of the week. So the big take away, when it comes to streaming Christmas music, Spotify is important but not as decisive as we may think. AIW is picking up a lot of extra streams on other platforms, like Apple, Amazon and YouTube.
                      Yeah.
                      Spotify represents less than the 33%.
                      As u said, the other big platforms are Amazon & Apple, where Mariah leads.
                      And then there's the smaller platforms. Pandora wasn't even mentioned so I supossed those streams don't have that much of a weight.
                      Also, predictors don't have full access to the rest of the 67% of the numbers, hence the big margin of error, especially for Xmas and Country tracks that are bigger on these other platforms.
                      That's why MC was #1 on Streaming Songs last week even when all the predictors had RATCT with 1M more in ther predictions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post

Bit weird they havent mentioned anything else tho. Probably is just a zoom interview of few minutes lets see
                        I’m pretty sure it’s just a quick zoom interview maybe to just promote the “special”. She’s probably just to busy in the studio or doing other stuff to go out

Comment

Been looking for more info, but nothing.
                          Only that she's the only guest on the show today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Milano View Post
                            With these videos you really understand why she didn't tour more.
                            It would be like Usain Bolt having to run a world record level race 3-4 times per week.
                            I can't think of any other singer being able to handle a full show like this with such demanding songs 100% live and with that level of complexity and perfection.
                            It was like a marathon, her voice sounded the same till the end, no signs of fatigue or whatever. Vocal stamina was in full force.

Here's the same:

I keep watching that concert 'cause I can't believe how she handled it.

Not only she had nodules, but she was sick too.

At her peak, she was untouchable and unstoppable. None of her peers could've done what she did on these two shows.

Comment

Been looking for more info, but nothing.
                              Only that she's the only guest on the show today.
                              Yes. bTS are performing tonight as well thats good cos the army will be watching Mariah as well lol

Comment

• Btw it seems Mariahs team has removed the extra festive from spotify and apple so we cant stream it. Now we can only streams the version counting towards billboard. Clever movement. Mariahs team want that number 1
                                Last edited by Yerac; Wed December 8, 2021, 16:26.

Comment

• Watched the new 18 mins last night. Sorry to say I wasn't too impressed. The performances were boring and the interview was just a bit pointless. I'm going to rewatch the original later this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                                    Sound of Mariah fills the air: AIWFCIY is now Mariah's longest charting airplay hit on the Radio Songs chart (Hot 100 Airplay chart) ever with a total of 44 weeks putting it 1 ahead of former champ and mega success WBT. This is not a recent achievement with AIW charting over a period of 3 years in the 90s, and once in 2000. It has also charted consecutively for 10 years from 2012.
                                    Slay
                                    The two GOATs.

Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                    MC biggest advantage is Amazon & Apple!
                                    Yeah, YouTube definitely helps but we don't know how many streams are from the US and how many of them are counted, plus they have less weight. But yeah, it's another thing she has in her favor - especially 'cause she's pulling great numbers and she has several videos, with MMWCT Edition slaying.

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                    Yeah, this is why it's a bit odd the streaming numbers are still relatively close. Perhaps there is an overestimation of youtube or a whole lot of views are being filtered (e.g. global views, etc).
                                    We still don't know how close the streaming numbers are tho.
                                    We only know MC is #1 and Brenda #2 but the difference wasn't published.

Comment

Btw it seems Mariahs team has removed the extra festive from spotify and apple so we cant stream it. Now we can only streams the version counting towards billboard. Clever movement. Mariahs team want that number 1
                                      Also All I Want for Christmas Is You (Extra Festive) is not discounted anymore on iTunes, so it's free-falling and the OG could enter the Top 5 today!

---

P.S. but I'm glad that they did it on the week that wasn't that crucial chart-wise.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

This is a huge loss of chart points for AIWFCIY OG in a time when it needs it.
                                        It looks like the Extra Festive version has been pulled from Apple Music and Spotify. Mariah's team are realizing it's taking streams away from the Original!

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                          Watched the new 18 mins last night. Sorry to say I wasn't too impressed. The performances were boring and the interview was just a bit pointless. I'm going to rewatch the original later this week.
                                          I think the point was mostly to push the original from last year tbh, and of course do some "promo" for FILAC (plus the Diamond Cert announcement).
                                          Also, she knows C(BPCH) is growing every year and in the future her version could be THE ultimate one. That new rendition she did wasn't a random decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by markwalde View Post

It looks like the Extra Festive version has been pulled from Apple Music and Spotify. Mariah's team are realizing it's taking streams away from the Original!
                                            Isn't discounted on iTunes anymore as well.

But it was nice too see it charting on digital songs last week

Comment

• Oops, just noticed Shaka said the same thing.

Comment

• AIWFCIY (Extra Festive) has been removed from Pandora, too. I guess this version has really been selling well (and charting!) and affecting sells from the original. They want that No 1 this year.

Edit: Extra Festive version has also been removed from Amazon.
                                                Last edited by Clown10; Wed December 8, 2021, 17:15.

Comment

I think the point was mostly to push the original from last year tbh, and of course do some "promo" for FILAC (plus the Diamond Cert announcement).
                                                  Also, she knows C(BPCH) is growing every year and in the future her version could be THE ultimate one. That new rendition she did wasn't a random decision.
                                                  The new vocals werent pleasant to me at all. She should have just sung the old arrangement in her current voice.

Comment

• Once again, they are reading this thread!!!
                                                    I can't even know what to say...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X