No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please perform live on Corden tonight, Mariah. I don’t ask for much. Just two fully live performances, one of MYMAC.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Yeah I really would like taking a music video approach to it, or even a lyric video.

In fact, the entire Merry Christmas album should have lyric videos or something. The label is sleeping on the album.

I know an animation is too much to ask but that would do too!
      I'd love an animated cartoon special next year.. an animated musical or sth... it would be so awesome.
      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

I'd love an animated cartoon special next year.. an animated musical or sth... it would be so awesome.
        Agreed.

She's already looking at a new audience with potential Childrens book series...

The animated AIWFCIY movie did well on Netflix Kids too!
        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

I mean, it would be the biggest collab that is not from a young pop recording artist. Through in the chairty angle or something as well.

Can Brenda actually still sing and perform?

They will need to make sure the remix version outperforms the original so it can chart. Do that with website sales or something.
          She was still rocking it out in 2017 !

" And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
          Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfeagle View Post
            Please perform live on Corden tonight, Mariah. I don’t ask for much. Just two fully live performances, one of MYMAC.
            NO, One Child + Lil Snowman. <3
            My Chart

Comment

and... the album is wonderful. <3
              Nah, there's more distinctive stuff out there for Christmas. Robbie Williams' album last year for example is more exciting I find.

Nothing wrong with this album, but nothing makes you go, this is a great Christmas album.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Agreed.

She's already looking at a new audience with potential Childrens book series...

The animated AIWFCIY movie did well on Netflix Kids too!
                whoever produced and commissioned the movie from 2017 should order a second one... it was such a success... (somehow).
                My Chart

Comment

NO, One Child + Lil Snowman. <3
                  You know what… Lil Snowman could actually work

Comment

Please perform live on Corden tonight, Mariah. I don’t ask for much. Just two fully live performances, one of MYMAC.
                    LOL !

Comment

You know what… Lil Snowman could actually work

of course it would. RayRay is right in stanning for it.
                      My Chart

Comment

Mariah's cover... right now, is the biggest cover of the song and her overall 2nd biggest Christmas song. I think that alone is pretty iconic in itself. It will probably total at 180 million streams after this season. (on Spotify alone).

right now:

143,9 million - Mariah's version
                        143,0 million - Darlene's original

Darlene's original will of course stay the bigger song for years to come, however, I believe it is Mariah who is currently doing the catching up.
                        You and other have been at pains over the last two weeks screaming at everyone that Spotify is only one platforms and its not that big of a deal yet you are using it as a barometer to prove something for CBPCH. Darlenes version is at no 17 on the hot 100 right now, it is the definitive version and will remain so. Just cos Mariahs has a few more views on Spotify means nothing in the grand scheme of things. When Mariahs version appears on the hot 100 then we can talk.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

She was still rocking it out in 2017 !

Oh i like her, she has a bit of sassy-grandma vibes.

It could work. RATC is crying out for a video itself.

Imagine Brenda and Mariah (dress young and cutsy as in the CBPCH Grammy performance) do a remake of this.

Comment

• I’m watching Magic Continues CBPLCH again, the end slays, the vocal sounds choked out by the music is all, it’s the same thing with everything since Rarities, first Apple Special too

The instrumentals are too loud or maybe too centered, there is no space for her vocal to shine, and whatever reverb she’s using sounds set to “small closet” instead of cathedral hall or whatever and totally lost in the mix of it all

I hope the MC16 is mixed with the guys who did Caution and not her vocal engineer

Comment

• Lil Snowman is the best. Love it.

Can't believe they deleted All I Want For Christmas Is You from the MCIIY album on Spotify.
                              Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• Brenda x Mariah - Lil Snowman (Chick! Remix)

Comment

And why are you like that?

Surely you can tell that the vocals on CBPCH is not it. No need to make excuses as to why.

Your standards are clearly different from mine. No need to personalise it as though others who dislike her vocals on that are wrong and you're right.
                                  Christmas ... is actually a really hard song to sing. Like its deceptively high.

Comment

whoever produced and commissioned the movie from 2017 should order a second one... it was such a success... (somehow).
                                    Apparently it's #7 on Netflix Kids (US)
                                    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                      Lil Snowman is the best. Love it.

Can't believe they deleted All I Want For Christmas Is You from the MCIIY album on Spotify.
                                      It'll be back in the New Year.

For the greater good, we need to concentrate powers on AIWFCIY. Brenda has a choke hold.....we need to get to that next level.

Comment

You and other have been at pains over the last two weeks screaming at everyone that Spotify is only one platforms and its not that big of a deal yet you are using it as a barometer to prove something for CBPCH. Darlenes version is at no 17 on the hot 100 right now, it is the definitive version and will remain so. Just cos Mariahs has a few more views on Spotify means nothing in the grand scheme of things. When Mariahs version appears on the hot 100 then we can talk.
                                        read my post again. I said Mariah is catching up to her. (I'm also not denying that Brenda is catching up to Mariah)...

you always pick loose statements by someone else... twist it and make it seem like it said something that I've never said.

I said... in regards to charting purposes on the H100... that there are many streaming platform of which Spotify is one... and that Mariah's song is currently in the top 10 in more streaming services than Brenda who is doing better than Mariah on Spotify right now.

The point I was reacting to, was your point of Mariah's version of CBPCH never going to become the most popular cover of the song... to which I replied... that I agree with you, but I also said that Mariah's version is head and toe above all the other covers of the song... and currently her 2nd biggest Christmas song - a song which has been able to chart in individual (attention this is a new point now) international countries... I also indicated that I wouldn't rule it out that Mariah's version would increase in popularity (as can be witnessed by its positions on digital platforms) and that it is currently performing (attention new point I'm making) very well and is increasing a lot in performances around the world.

I know you will find a way to twist my observations again and instigate some foolish fake argument again.

you do you. <3
                                        My Chart

Comment

speaking of standards... smh.
                                          As someone has said. You do you. LOL!!

Comment

Christmas ... is actually a really hard song to sing. Like its deceptively high.
                                            Of course it is, though she can take it down an octave or do what I suggested in an earlier post....layer her vocals a bit more so it sounds fuller. The vocals is way too thin and exposed in on that track.

Comment

As someone has said. You do you. LOL!!
                                              I would never attack someone like you've attacked me. I feel violated and sad.
                                              My Chart

Comment

It'll be back in the New Year.

For the greater good, we need to concentrate powers on AIWFCIY. Brenda has a choke hold.....we need to get to that next level.

Let Brenda have her moment of fame. I want AIWFCIY (MCIIY version) back on Spotify before Christmas is over.

Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

Let Brenda have her moment of fame. I want AIWFCIY (MCIIY version) back on Spotify before Christmas is over.
                                                  me too. The song would have surpassed 30 million streams this year.
                                                  My Chart

Comment

Go buy the album! Do you part for the greater good! LOL

Comment

Working...
                                                    X