Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by banksy View Post

Her version is a copy and paste with low whistle notes. The original is better. I’m sure Ronnie and the other girls (Estelle’s family, since she’s gone) got a check for that.
    I adore The Ronettes version as well. I think Mariah, Shaiman, Daniel Moore, and co. did an amazing job with the 2020 version’s production. I actually always wanted her to cover Sleigh Ride so I was happy she did.
    funny how one can learn
    to grow numb to the madness
    and block it away

Comment

• Originally posted by ChristmasJedi View Post

Btw, I’m blasting Filac Cutmore Remix! So good! Love it
      Stream the Arlo one bish!

---

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
        Mariah's slay right is the best version of the song (like all of her covers are). objectively speaking... facts.
        That's true. OMT being the exception

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Stream the Arlo one bish!
          It sounds weird on my homepod

Comment

That's true. OMT being the exception
            what? NO. #1 More Time Song is a sleigh and sleighed everyone and everything. the GP agrees.
            My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by LambChild View Post

I adore The Ronettes version as well. I think Mariah, Shaiman, Daniel Moore, and co. did an amazing job with the 2020 version’s production. I actually always wanted her to cover Sleigh Ride so I was happy she did.
              I prefer Debbie Gibson's version. The Ronettes (and Mariah) leave out some of the best parts of the song IMO.
              Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

banksy is having a moment me thinks
                She used their version to make hers. She used their ideas, their instrumentation, their horse effects to make her version. They would get a cut of the royalties for that.

You can’t just take something someone else made and not pay them for it.

Comment

She used their version to make hers. She used their ideas, their instrumentation, their horse effects to make her version. They would get a cut of the royalties for that.

tell that to Latto then

Comment

• The video on this tweet has crossed 1M views

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by Michiel View Post
                      She is smoking hot in those latest pics. A serve.

Comment

I was a tiny bit disappointed by how close her version was to theirs - but the end result is great and I really enjoy it. I like what Mariah adds - her Mariahness if you will, to the track.

One of my faves from her in recent years.
                        Last edited by InfoFromAus; Sun December 19, 2021, 21:51.
                        MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• onder how well will do next week

Comment

• Originally posted by ChristmasJedi View Post
                            It sounds weird on my homepod
                            Weird? How?

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Sorry but I can't see anything, the image is so low quality, LOL.

If true, Mariah's lead is HUGE.

Comment

• AIWFCIY- 351
                                    RATCT - 309
                                    EOM - 300

Comment

• MC social distancing.

Comment

MC social distancing.
                                        Looooool that’s a good one haha

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post
                                          Looooool that’s a good one haha
                                          This expression is very used on Twitter LOL.

Comment

• US iTunes

AIW

C(BPCH)

She could discount Christmas (Baby Please Come Home).
                                            I mean, 90% of the Xmas songs are discounted on iTunes.

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post

I was a tiny bit disappointed by how close her version was to theirs - but the end result is great and I really enjoy it. I like what Mariah adds - her Mariahness if you will, to the track.

One of my faves from her in recent years.
                                              WHENEVER I hear sleigh ride (MC’s version of course), I just become happy automatically.
                                              She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• Originally posted by MrDash View Post

WHENEVER I hear sleigh ride (MC’s version of course), I just become happy automatically.
                                                Same.
                                                Very uplifting and festive.
                                                I really like the tone in her voice in that record.
                                                She sounds very cute.
                                                Also whistles were placed amazingly (as per usual).

Comment

• The National Theater in Portugal will premiere a play “Maraia Queri” about Mariah Carey in February 2022. You can read more here with text in Portuguese: https://www.tndm.pt/pt/espetaculos/maraia-queri/

Comment

• Originally posted by Askforsnow View Post
                                                    Wow @ChartEsentials

Most streamed songs on next week's Hot 100 (projected):
                                                    1. All I Want For Christmas Is You (40.4m streams)
                                                    2. Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree (36.9m streams)
                                                    3. A Holly Jolly Christmas (36.8m streams)
                                                    4. Jingle Bell Rock (35.5m streams)
                                                    5. Last Christmas (23.5m streams)
                                                    Ummm...Spotify who?

If 3.5 million is the spread, that's HUGE! This whole time I figured Pandora was contributing to her streaming count. But no. This week it is and it appears to have widened the spread. If AIW ever gets added to the Classic Christmas playlist on Spotify it's game over. No contest. The song is a beast.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X