No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Her background vocals are f#*king beautiful in “Everytime I Close My Eyes,” whenever she turns herself into a choir time ceases to exist for me

Comment

• Now that I remember, she said the Daydream Tour would be up on YouTube only for a limited time. I don't understand the reason but I hope she forgets about it.

After all...

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
        Her background vocals are f#*king beautiful in “Everytime I Close My Eyes,” whenever she turns herself into a choir time ceases to exist for me

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
          Now that I remember, she said the Daydream Tour would be up on YouTube only for a limited time. I don't understand the reason but I hope she forgets about it...
          Isn't this the Tokyo Daydream Tour that was indeed posted in its entirety for limited time?

Comment

• Originally posted by SomeonesUglyDaughter View Post

Isn't this the Tokyo Daydream Tour that was indeed posted in its entirety for limited time?
            Yeah. Not quite sure the reasoning for that either as I’m sure it was pirated.

Maybe because they were selling 4K DVDs of the show too.
            See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
              Her background vocals are f#*king beautiful in “Everytime I Close My Eyes,” whenever she turns herself into a choir time ceases to exist for me
              It is so good and so obvious that she could have been credited on that song but i guess that was not a thing before.
              A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

Can't believe Mariah didn't collabo with Bruno or Abel yet.

I love Bruno's new song, he's like bringing back the R&B from the 90s. Some bits of "Leave the Door Open" make me think of BIIM.
                You know that I love you, but I can’t let that last line stand.

Bruno rode the wave of black artists’ take on retrowave. They brought it back, not him. It’s a bit unfair to credit him when he was just following what others had been doing for years.

Moving on...I had a couple of clients that worked with Bruno a lot. I used to ask them about the possibilities, especially after 24KM. Her influence was all up in that album, lol.

He had high praise for Mariah early on, but the industry has completely taken over him. His personality, his approach to music, how he sees other people, etc. The entertainment industry is corrosive, and it takes an extraordinarily strong person to resist it. I understand why he changed, but I’m still disappointed.

The main takeaway is that he still respects her artistry, but the usual criticisms are there: her voice, her relevance, and her age. There would have to be a very specific project that wouldn’t be subject to commercial and chart success in order for him to work with her.

I am glad that I no longer work on the music side of things. It made me hate artists that I originally loved. Also,labels are extremely annoying to deal with.

Comment

• ^ I don't really believe any of that at all. Bruno Mars is a genuine, down to earth guy who exudes nothing but positivity and he was treated shamefully after his Grammy win. Also saying 24 Magic was infleunced by Mariah is solely your own opinion seeing as Bruno has stated that it was infleunced by older male artists that he used to sing when he was younger and he wanted to recreate that magic.

Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                  Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post
                    Moving on...I had a couple of clients that worked with Bruno a lot. I used to ask them about the possibilities, especially after 24KM. Her influence was all up in that album, lol.
                    receipts please?

Comment

• What's the with Bruno Mars slander lol
                      He's crazy talented (singer, writer, producer and musician) and makes great music that doesn't just follow stupid tik tok trends. I don't see anybody else having success with the kind of music he's doing so he might not have been the first to do it, but he's obviously bringing something they aren't. (Much like Thomas Edison wasn't actually the first person to invent the lightbulb, he just perfected it)

Apart from maybe Versace on the Floor, the Mariah influence isn't that big, it's more Jodeci/B2M/Babyface than anything else

I wasn't a fan of his music until 24k, but followed him pretty closely since then and I don't think I've ever seen him say a bad word about Mariah (or anybody really)

The casual racism directed at Bruno Mars is pretty disgusting I think, it's almost like everybody has decided he's "not black enouugh' to make the kind of music he does. It's beyond stupid.

It seems every single artist and their pet cat gets dragged in this forum unless they are posting every single day on twitter that they love Mariah lolol

Comment

• Well said, Kaloki

Comment

• Don't mess with Mimi, Wendall.

She made her look like clown she's always been.

Mariah Carey Walks Out Of Interview! (RARE CLIP)

Comment

• She was so disrespectful.
                            When she mentioned the breast implants

"Oh, please, Wendy, honey, don't even me start cursing"
                            HoodRiah was about to come in 3,2,1...

Comment

• We all love Bruno and most us would love a collabo I think. Super talented lad.

I don't believe those stories tbh.

If that were the case, I would hate Mariah for all the fake rumors the media put about her through the years.

Comment

• Originally posted by carey18ph View Post
                                It is so good and so obvious that she could have been credited on that song but i guess that was not a thing before.
                                Yeah.
                                She's not only in all the BG vocals but she literally sang the most "shocking" part of the climax, I mean, vocally is the highlight.
                                With more Mariah it could've been a bigger hit probably - it peaked at #6 on Hot100 btw.

Comment

• WOW.

Comment

• The Weeknd would be a much better collaboration, he pushes his music in more interesting directions,
                                    has same flare for R&B, rock and roll, hip-hop, and 80s glam as Mariah, Prince, Michael, Miguel

Burno just cheesy for me, he thinks he’s James Brown, Bob Marley, MJ, or R Kelly depending on the decade he’s reaching for but it all ends up sounding like Rod Stewart and Lionel Richie to me, no offense to Lionel but he cheesy as hell
                                    Last edited by allygdale; Sun March 7, 2021, 23:04.

Comment

• I would also prefer Abel (mostly 'cause the sound - it would be more interesting/experimental - 'cause vocally Bruno is way superior).

Comment

WOW.

I always wanted a version of #B that had the part under the high notes at the end, the “oooo oooo oooo” background vocals in mid-register, in the intro and under the choruses, they could have been like a “whoooo else” element in WBT

This version doesn’t have that but it served as a reminder
                                        Last edited by allygdale; Sun March 7, 2021, 23:03.

Comment

• Ugh, #B is such a gorgeous song. I can still remember the exact moment I heard it in full. Was a nice, breezy Spring day. I played it on repeat for hours.
                                          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                            Ugh, #B is such a gorgeous song. I can still remember the exact moment I heard it in full. Was a nice, breezy Spring day. I played it on repeat for hours.
                                            Exactly the same!

Comment

• Daydream slaying

Comment

• I still remember when the teaser came all of a sudden.

I was SHOOK.

Comment

• She looked hot af here.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                                    Ugh, #B is such a gorgeous song. I can still remember the exact moment I heard it in full. Was a nice, breezy Spring day. I played it on repeat for hours.
                                                    Me too! All day long! It was and is my favorite lead single since Rainbow era

I really love how it was mixed, the mixer on that one is different from the rest of the album, Manny Marroquin

Comment

Working...
                                                    X