No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinda random, but Mariah could well join Adele next week with 3 consecutive albums with a lead single more than 7 weeks. Music Box, Merry Christmas and Daydream.

Also another record up for grabs (if she can hold off RATCT) is the title of the longest #1 for a female artist in streaming history.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaloki View Post
      Janet might lack big pop hits of the girls, but has the best music as a whole. I listen to music from all her albums which I can't even say about Mariah..... Rainbow, Glitter and Charmbracelet have about 4 listenable songs between them
      I agree with you that Janet’s whole catalogue is amazing but no need for comparison.
      Mariah Carey- The Queen of Queens And The Goddess of Goddesses

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
        And suddenly, without the gowns, she looks 15 years younger. Haha
        I know, she looks stunning

And the Prada hat, I looooove it.

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
          Also another record up for grabs (if she can hold off RATCT) is the title of the longest #1 for a female artist in streaming history.
          Of course she will.

Comment

• The Spotify pic is so hot! She looks like a hip-hop queen! I love stylish CasualRiah!

Comment

• speaking of lead singles: RIAA certs of her lead singles:

01 - #1 - 1990 - 1x Platinum - Vision of Love
              02 - #1 - 1991 - 1x Platinum - Emotions
              03 - #1 - 1992 - uncertified - I'll Be There
              04 - #1 - 1993 - 1x Platinum - Dreamlover
              05 - #1 - 1994 - 10x Platinum - All I want for Christmas Is You
              06 - #1 - 1995 - 3x Platinum - Fantasy
              07 - #1 - 1997 - 1x Platinum - Honey
              08 - dnc - 1998 - uncertified - Sweetheart
              09 - #1 - 1999 - 1x Platinum - Heartbreaker
              10 - #2 - 2001 - Gold - Loverboy
              11 - #81 - 2002 - uncertified - Through The Rain
              12 - #3 - 2003 - Gold - I know what you Want
              13 - #16 - 2005 - Gold - It's Like That
              14 - #1 - 2008 - 2x Platinum - Touch my Body
              15 - #7 - 2009 - 3x Platinum - Obsessed
              16 - #100 - 2010 - uncertified - Oh Santa
              17 - #15 - 2013 - 2x Platinum - #Beautiful
              18 - dnc - 2018 - uncertified - With You
              19 - dnc - 2019 - uncertified - Save The Day
              20 - #76 - 2020 - uncertified - Oh Santa Remix

OSR will eventually go Gold.

7 consecutive lead singles go #1 must be another record.
              My Chart

Comment

• In Asia she has so many signature hit but Hero is her ultimate signature song.

her other massive songs here are: Love Takes Time, Without You, Oh Holy Night (more popular than All I Want For Christmas Is You in the Philippines) One Sweet Day, My All, When You Believe, I Still Believe (i thought it was her signature when i was a kid), Butterfly, Can’t take That Away, Never Too Far, Through The Rain (her 2000’s Signature song here) Touch My Body.

her recurrent hits that became big,
                Always be my baby, AIWFCIY, WBT, Emotions

i grew up in a family of lambs. From my aunts uncles sis and bros so here’s her signature hit in the family

Hero
                I Still Believe
                Butterfly
                Breakdown
                O Holy Night
                Vision Of Love
                Without You
                Mariah Carey- The Queen of Queens And The Goddess of Goddesses

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                  speaking of lead singles: RIAA certs of her lead singles:

01 - #1 - 1990 - 1x Platinum - Vision of Love
                  02 - #1 - 1991 - 1x Platinum - Emotions
                  03 - #1 - 1992 - uncertified - I'll Be There
                  04 - #1 - 1993 - 1x Platinum - Dreamlover
                  05 - #1 - 1994 - 10x Platinum - All I want for Christmas Is You
                  06 - #1 - 1995 - 3x Platinum - Fantasy
                  07 - #1 - 1997 - 1x Platinum - Honey
                  08 - dnc - 1998 - uncertified - Sweetheart
                  09 - #1 - 1999 - 1x Platinum - Heartbreaker
                  10 - #2 - 2001 - Gold - Loverboy
                  11 - #81 - 2002 - uncertified - Through The Rain
                  12 - #3 - 2003 - Gold - I know what you Want
                  13 - #16 - 2005 - Gold - It's Like That
                  14 - #1 - 2008 - 2x Platinum - Touch my Body
                  15 - #7 - 2009 - 3x Platinum - Obsessed
                  16 - #100 - 2010 - uncertified - Oh Santa
                  17 - #15 - 2013 - 2x Platinum - #Beautiful
                  18 - dnc - 2018 - uncertified - With You
                  19 - dnc - 2019 - uncertified - Save The Day
                  20 - #76 - 2020 - uncertified - Oh Santa Remix

OSR will eventually go Gold.

7 consecutive lead singles go #1 must be another record.
                  8 consecutive lead singles if we’re talking studio albums.
                  To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                    The Spotify pic is so hot! She looks like a hip-hop queen! I love stylish CasualRiah!
                    She IS a hip-hop queen

That style suits her so well.
                    Like seriously, she looks 35.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post

8 consecutive lead singles if we’re talking studio albums.
                      It's so... well... unfortunate that Sweetheart wasn't promoted in the US... because the 2(!) following singles did really well:

#15 When you Believe (2x Gold)
                      #4 I Still Believe (1x Platinum)

<3 #1's was a banger hit. A true smash.
                      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

She IS a hip-hop queen

That style suits her so well.
                        Like seriously, she looks 35.
                        queen, indeed. Mariah and pants go back like babies with pacifiers.
                        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                          I hope she slipped a note to Spotify to *cough cough* do something about adding her to the Classics playlist.

Comment

• Imagine all the money Spotify would make off a 1 billion song getting even bigger if they were fair to US audiences who enjoy Christmas classics with honest and fair rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by MimiCici View Post
                              In Asia she has so many signature hit but Hero is her ultimate signature song.
                              Her "signature" or "most popular" song varies in every country, but overall if we have to make a list of the most known overall, we know which ones those are.

P.S.
                              Emotions is quite popular.
                              No, it's not "signature" on a global scale, but it has grown over the years.
                              I think today with tik-tok and other platforms (or even a feat in a movie) songs can go viral and get some more life.

I mean, look what happened with Obsessed (thanx to Tik-Tok) and Fantasy (thanx to Free Guy).

Comment

• Originally posted by Askforsnow View Post
                                Imagine all the money Spotify would make off a 1 billion song getting even bigger if they were fair to US audiences who enjoy Christmas classics with honest and fair rules.
                                there is no fairness in the music business.
                                My Chart

Comment

That's true, sadly.

Comment

It's so... well... unfortunate that Sweetheart wasn't promoted in the US... because the 2(!) following singles did really well:

#15 When you Believe (2x Gold)
                                    #4 I Still Believe (1x Platinum)

<3 #1's was a banger hit. A true smash.
                                    A real shame.

If promoted, Sweetheart could've done very well.

I mean, with that video

And the song sounds hot.

I love the #1's Era, I think is a lil underrated.

Comment

queen, indeed. Mariah and pants go back like babies with pacifiers.
                                      So chic too with that coat, it’s like The Remixes cover but more sophisticated and artsy

I love her in oversized shirts with pants and short flowy dresses, the gowns don’t do much for me either outside of red carpet events

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Her "signature" or "most popular" song varies in every country, but overall if we have to make a list of the most known overall, we know which ones those are.

P.S.
                                        Emotions is quite popular.
                                        No, it's not "signature" on a global scale, but it has grown over the years.
                                        I think today with tik-tok and other platforms (or even a feat in a movie) songs can go viral and get some more life.

I mean, look what happened with Obsessed (thanx to Tik-Tok) and Fantasy (thanx to Free Guy).
                                        Hero was very well marketed by quinceañeras here in Argentina.
                                        I guess Hero and Without You are most known by everyone here in Arg. Right Shaka? What do you think?

Comment

• Was this one posted?

Mariah Carey and her son, Moroccan, talk Christmas traditions and new children's book

Comment

So chic too with that coat, it’s like The Remixes cover but more sophisticated and artsy

I love her in oversized shirts with pants and short flowy dresses, the gowns don’t do much for me either outside of red carpet events
                                            I know!

Loved her look back in 2018 for Roc Nation Grammy Brunch.

Comment

Amazon Music has the large playlist with every big Christmas song and one called Christmas Past. Guess who is in Christmas Past too? Celine Dion and Mariah Carey. Spotify does not.

I’ll never understand how they have a random song from the 1990 Home Alone soundtrack (not RATCT - which by the way benefits a lot from being used in Home alone) in the classics playlist but not AIWFCIY which is so obvious.
                                              Last edited by Askforsnow; Wed December 22, 2021, 19:04.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChristmasJedi View Post
                                                Hero was very well marketed by quinceañeras here in Argentina.
                                                I guess Hero and Without You are most known by everyone here in Arg. Right Shaka? What do you think?
                                                Hero is also always performed on talent shows here!

Yeah, most known here:
                                                Hero
                                                Without You
                                                AIW

Others: My All, AAO.

P.S. I've heard Emotions, VOL & ABMB in the radio several times.

Comment

The Spotify pic is so hot! She looks like a hip-hop queen! I love stylish CasualRiah!
                                                  YES!

And re: the new Harper's Bazaar photoshoot - she should wear green more often (and not only on St. Patrick's day! ). She looks fantastic in it.

(as does she in yellow, hot-pink, blue and red. Pretty much all bold colors suit her.)

I was so happy for her #1 this year again, her Christmas domination will never end, she'll probably be going to #1 forever!

Can't wait to hear her new music in the new year. Something tells me it'll come a lot sooner than we expect!

Comment

• Yeah, I was going to mention how good she looks in green!

But yellow is HER color.

Also love her in gold and silver (metallic colors), pink (fuchsia) & turquoise

Comment

Working...
                                                    X