Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PJDoubleu View Post

She doesn't need to be. AIWFC’s over 200million streams, when combined with UK physical sales, put it in the top 10 biggest selling singles of all time. And it’ll keep rising.
    For some reason, complete chart data on it is scattered, with sources like the official charts company referencing two different figures - streams and sales - but never, or rarely, official combined figures. When they do, they claim its No. 84. But this contradicts certifications and sales/streaming figures from themselves/the British Phonographic industry... for example, as far back as ‘13 they certified AIFWC had shifted 3million combined copies. Wet Wet Wets “Love is all around” is considered number 11 best selling, for 1.91 million combined. I’m not sure she even makes the list on Wiki, unless I’m being completely blind, despite numbers that outpace others, irrelevant of source. (Wet wet wet drop to 26 according to Wiki).
    It doesn’t add up, but whatever figures one believes, she smacked it.
    Do u really believe only 1 Single success is better than an whole albums sales career in a decade? Mariah is 8 years career younger than Madonna, basically a whole decade. Yet Madonna made at #3 and Mariah didn’t even make the top 10. I believe Madonna is really the biggest selling female of all time even tho mariah likes to name herself that

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

Do u really believe only 1 Single success is better than an whole albums sales career in a decade? Mariah is 8 years career younger than Madonna, basically a whole decade. Yet Madonna made at #3 and Mariah didn’t even make the top 10. I believe Madonna is really the biggest selling female of all time even tho mariah likes to name herself that
      Talk about take the post out of context.

Comment

Well I mean Madonna is the best selling female of all time worldwide. What Mariah is is the biggest selling female of the soundscan era in the US. (from march 1991 on ). I always find it amusing how her team convinced everyone to introduce her as "the best selling female artist in history". It's just not the truth.
        Last edited by InFamous; Tue March 9, 2021, 14:37.
        " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
        Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Well I mean Madonna is the best selling female of all time worldwide. What Mariah is is the biggest selling female of the soundscan era in the US. (from march 1991 on ). I always find it amusing how her team convinced everyone to introduce her as "the best selling female artist in history". It's just not the truth.
          Not sure it’s much of a “convincing” thing. These monikers are just to sell the performer in that moment. It happens for artists and athletes all the time. I mean what are you getting out of saying the “2nd (or 3rd) best?”
          funny how one can learn
          to grow numb to the madness
          and block it away

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
            WOW.

The video resembles much of the one below

Comment

• Is she hinting a new music called "Sky's The Limit"?

Comment

• In studio

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by Mckenry View Post
                  Is she hinting a new music called "Sky's The Limit"?
                  Sky...what?

Comment

• Lol no, that’s Biggie’s song

Comment

• I swear she senses when we go quiet in here. She always drops something to get us talking and guessing ... such a troll

ps - I love that she’s kept the brown hair!

Comment

• Originally posted by LambChild View Post

Not sure it’s much of a “convincing” thing. These monikers are just to sell the performer in that moment. It happens for artists and athletes all the time. I mean what are you getting out of saying the “2nd (or 3rd) best?”
                        Come on now what other female artist has been consantly introduced as the best selling female artist of all time except Mariah? Ive never heard Madonna being introduced as that once, and she actually IS the best selling female of all time. It would be as easy for them to introduce her as " one of the best selling female artists of all time " which would be true as oppose to saying " the best selling female artist of all time" which is not true. Simple.
                        " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                        Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                          In studio

She needs to let go of those eye/browse lifting before it’s too late... look what has happened to Sarah Brightman’s face...

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Come on now what other female artist has been consantly introduced as the best selling female artist of all time except Mariah? Ive never heard Madonna being introduced as that once, and she actually IS the best selling female of all time. It would be as easy for them to introduce her as " one of the best selling female artists of all time " which would be true as oppose to saying " the best selling female artist of all time" which is not true. Simple.
                            It simply depends on your definition of best selling. And best selling of what.

It is also not true that other artists havent been introduced with the same or similar moniker.

This really is nbd as its a PR profile thing.

Comment

In studio

She lookin a bit of a rocker please release #SUD

Comment

• Originally posted by SomeonesUglyDaughter View Post

She lookin a bit of a rocker please release #SUD
                                I love your advocacy for this album!

The lyrics for SUD are heartbreaking at times. It needs some analysis.

Comment

• Gorgeous queen

Originally posted by David_Mimi View Post
                                  Sky...what?
                                  Is the diving for me
                                  Last edited by allygdale; Tue March 9, 2021, 17:53.

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                    Gorgeous queen

Is the diving for me

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                                      I swear she senses when we go quiet in here. She always drops something to get us talking and guessing ... such a troll

ps - I love that she’s kept the brown hair!
                                      Yup! She’s feeding us and letting us know new music is on the way!

Comment

• Originally posted by 24fanatic View Post

Yup! She’s feeding us and letting us know new music is on the way!
                                        It might be for another at home performance for Good Morning America.

Honestly, these videos that she is putting out are good publicity (after a long run of bad publicity 2014-2017 that the general public remembers WELL). Look what has happened to Kelly. Kelly performs songs almost every day on her show and is constantly getting attention because of it.
                                        Last edited by Clown10; Tue March 9, 2021, 18:39.

Comment

British people never really made her a smash there. It's weird... but the fact that Music hasn't been re-certified in 25 years is ... something else. MC has sold a good 8 million albums in the UK. In the 21st century:

2001 - 55k - Glitter
                                          2001 - 850k - GH
                                          2002 - 130k - CB
                                          2003 - 45k - Remixes
                                          2005 - 650k - MIMI
                                          2008 - 150k - Einstein
                                          2009 - 250k - Ballads
                                          2009 - 95k - Memoirs
                                          2010 - 25k - Xmas 2
                                          2014 - 10k - Elusive
                                          2015 - 100k - Infinity
                                          2018 - 10k - Caution
                                          = 2,370,000 UK

MIMI was still successful. Ballads is next in line to Platinum... while GH will eventually go 3xP.
                                          My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post

She needs to let go of those eye/browse lifting before it’s too late... look what has happened to Sarah Brightman’s face...
                                            What's wrong with her eyebrows?
                                            MARIAH

Comment

I’m not sure you actually read my post, cause you’re referring to something completely different. I didn’t discuss who was the best selling female artist of all time and who can own that.
                                              I said (in direct relation to to the AIWFC UK stream count post, and the Mariah not being in the biggest selling female artists of C 21 in the UK post) that she has one of the biggest selling singles of all time, based on official combined figures. I went onto explain that the figures given by the British Phonographic Industry and the Official Charts Company don’t match the tallies that the Official Charts Company itself lists. In layman’s: The BPI and the OCC said that Mariah sold well over 3 million copies of AIWFC, yet they don’t update their top selling song charts to include it in the list. Either way, it is valid for entry on the list as, officially, by its outsold many that are in it. Nothing to do with Madonna.
                                              Last edited by PJDoubleu; Tue March 9, 2021, 20:33.

Comment

• Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
                                                #B is such a timeless jam.
                                                Sounds like classic Mariah.
                                                And I've stated this a thousand times already, but the outro is one of the best things she's ever recorded.
                                                Say it louder for the people in the back.

Comment

I love your advocacy for this album!

The lyrics for SUD are heartbreaking at times. It needs some analysis.
                                                  SUD will literally save the world. I need it too.
                                                  My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaloki View Post
                                                    "Representation dropped further among women of colour, with only Mariah Carey – as co-producer of All I Want for Christmas Is You – credited with producing a song that made the 2020 Billboard Hot 100 year-end chart, albeit one first released in 1994"
                                                    Queen behaviour

But the industry sucks, wbk

Comment

Working...
                                                    X