Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Mariah has a massive advantage on YouTube so she has that buffer over the others.
    You can see those predictions were without youtube tho

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post

You can see those predictions were without youtube tho
      Exactly. So when YouTube IS added she will likely be much further ahead. That was the point.
      " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
      Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Merry Christmas, Daahlings!
        And get this YouTube streams too! ;)

FOLLOW THE DUCK
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzF...RpLtZEEAHM1AEw

Comment

• Originally posted by BeyondIdolization View Post

it was big right from the start because it was a single from Mariah who was the #1 Pop Superstar at that time after Music Box. Due to Billboard rules, it couldnt chart in 1994 but it already peaked at #2 in the UK tho. everything Mariah did in the 90's could not fail because the hype was too substantial.
          Indeed.All I Want For Christmas Is You was already big in the year of its release and even topped the United World Chart single chart in the final week of 1994.
          http://www.mediatraffic.de/week52-1994.htm

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
            Lived for the Ariana x Mariah interactions. It made my day
            Same.
            We love them interacting.

Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
            Shania singing AIWFCIY in 1998 was the start... this was the moment the song became not only a Mariah hit (#12 airplay - hello) but a certified smash appreciated and respected by other artists.

It was the start... and carried forward by My Chemical Romance... after Love Actually made it the climactic song in its story of love and Christmas.

And to today we come... when the song is so entrenched in the past, present, and future pop culture and musical culture zeitgeists.

AIWFCIY defined music and Christmas before it hit #1. That chart success was just recognition of Mariah's talent.
            Thanx for posting this!

Comment

• All I Want For Christmas Is You dubbed the greatest song ever penned , by VH1 back in 2014

20 Years Later, “All I Want For Christmas Is You” May Be The Greatest Song Ever Written

Comment

• Originally posted by ferrero View Post
                AIW - 17,420,085
                C(BPCH) - 4,042,012
                Yasss!!!
                Out-did last year peak
                And C(BPCH) slayed so hard!

Btw, C(BPCH) still on US iTunes @ #83.

Originally posted by ferrero View Post
                1. AIW - 17,420,085
                34. C(BPCH) - 4,042,012
                82. Oh Santa 2,132,491
                169. OHN 1,280,949

Especially C(BPCH), it has absolutely outdone itself
                Damn, crazy numbers!

Queen of Christmas indeed.

Comment

• https://www.billboard.com/culture/li...y-8546152/amp/

Mariah's Merry Christmas II You album ranked 3rd best Christmas album of the 21th century by Billboard:

In 1994, Mariah Carey‘s Merry Christmashelped revitalize the contemporary pop holiday album. The singer’s effort wasn’t the top selling yuletide-themed collection of the year — that title went to Kenny G’s Miracles: The Holiday Album — but its enduring popularity helped set a new standard for the modern Christmas album.

By the turn of the century, recording a holiday album became a rite of passage for almost every burgeoning pop star, with some — including Mariah herself — releasing more than one over the course of their careers. And seasonal music, secular or otherwise, continues to transcend genre and age: both Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber were just 17 when they released their first holiday collections.

3 Mariah Carey, Merry Christmas II You (2010)

While Mariah Carey’s inaugural holiday opus, Merry Christmas, hewed closely to both the Christmas and Adult Contemporary templates, its 2010 sequel more fully reflected the singer’s versatility, branching out into R&B (“When Christmas Comes”), house (“Auld Lang Syne”), even opera (“O Come All Ye Faithful,” featuring her mother, Patricia Carey). At the same time, the album commits even more faithfully to a classic holiday aesthetic than its predecessor, employing live orchestration on tracks like “Christmas Time Is in the Air Again.” Of course, the album’s other original songs don’t dare compete with “All I Want for Christmas Is You” (a new version of which is also featured here, lest you forget about it), but “Oh Santa!” gives it the ol’ yuletide try.
                  Last edited by Carlito; Sat December 25, 2021, 19:58.

Comment

• Mariah Carey Spotify

60,170,259 MONTHLY LISTENERS

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post
                      Prediction are putting All I Want for Xmas is you 4 points above Rocking Around. I love that even with spotify being shady and all songs discounted except mimis, she is still winning lol
                      Originally posted by Sebastian View Post
                      The predictor said she didn't have time to include Youtube data. And we know Mariah is far FAR ahead than Brenda on Youtube so there's nothing to worry about.

That's why in that prediction Brenda is ahead of Mariah in total streams, something that never ever happened.
                      Yeah, it happened before, one week they have RATCT ahead of AIW for over 1M yet MC ended up at #1 in streaming. Now in one tweet I'm gonna post that will be explained but it has to be mostly with programmed streams.

Two things:

1) Lack of YouTube data - the user didn't include those numbers in the prediction.

2) Programmed streams VS Raw streams.

Comment

Is that the closest Brenda has ever been! 4 points wow
                        Predicted, not.
                        It's been also predicted 4 points behind before, by the same user.

Comment

• Also, I don't think they have access to Amazon numbers.

That's why they're always so off with streaming, for both ladies.

Comment

• Should it even be this “close regardless” if it wasn’t for excluding her from the most popular US Christmas playlist on Spotify, Classics?

Where are you Mariah? Bribe them or something.

Comment

• Spotify

Monthly Listeners

#10 WW, just behind Taylor (#5 women).

With tomorrow update she will be #6 WW (close to 65M) and with the 26th and the 27th (the day she peaked last year) she could probably sneak in the Top 5 at #5 if she's luky.

But nice to see her reaching a new peak on monthly listeners - along with the new peak on Global Spotify.

This add to her Diamond Cert and 1B streams for the song this year.

Lot's of achievements in '21.

And on Monday we're having another record

Comment

• Comment

• Finally we have another video with Shawn (Mariah's nephew and apparently, his family)... I'm so happy for him and for Mariah to have at least a little bit of family in her life. <3
                                  My Chart

Comment

• MC looking 35 in her latest pics on Insta:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CX6rDp9pZEU/

Love her with light make-up on.

Also this outfit!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CX5L4oNgYvX/

Suddenly she looks snatched in Aspen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Askforsnow View Post
                                      Should it even be this “close regardless” if it wasn’t for excluding her from the most popular US Christmas playlist on Spotify, Classics?

Where are you Mariah? Bribe them or something.
                                      Well, the other playlist that Mariah is no 1 on has far more followers than the Classics one so she's not really losing out. classics has 2.5 million follow, hits has almost 5 million
                                      I mean the Classics playlist is literally all songs from the 60s and 60s. There's no reason to expect Mariah to be on that. She is no 1 on Christmas hits, and that is where she would be expected to be. Was she ever on this Classics playlist??
                                      Last edited by InFamous; Sat December 25, 2021, 21:17.

Comment

• With this week's position in the UK, Mariah has now spent 100 weeks in the UK Top 10 (singles chart), becoming the 6th woman to surpass that mark. <3
                                        My Chart

Comment

• Some observations:
                                          1) Last Christmas by Wham seems to be performing better in Europe this year, it’s best performance in years. Biggest European markets have swung back to Wham on the charts.
                                          2) Just not ready to see North America fall too. US weekly, 1.6 million gap behind. Canada Spotify has been going hard for RATCT this year. #1 on most days including Christmas Eve. What is happening?
                                          3) Grateful for Australia and New Zealand. Still going strong.
                                          4) Asia most loyal to the song. Though most are newer Spotify markets.

Comment

Well, the other playlist that Mariah is no 1 on has far more followers than the Classics one so she's not really losing out. classics has 2.5 million follow, hits has almost 5 million
                                            I mean the Classics playlist is literally all songs from the 60s and 60s. There's no reason to expect Mariah to be on that. She is no 1 on Christmas hits, and that is where she would be expected to be. Was she ever on this Classics playlist??
                                            the real question is, should she be ON the Classics list? I say, yes.
                                            My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Carlito View Post
                                              Indeed.All I Want For Christmas Is You was already big in the year of its release and even topped the United World Chart single chart in the final week of 1994.
                                              http://www.mediatraffic.de/week52-1994.htm
                                              Great to know these things!

I'd love a breakdown year by year

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

the real question is, should she be ON the Classics list? I say, yes.
                                                Why? All the other songs are from the 60s and 70s. Also has she ever been on that playlist before?

Comment

Why? All the other songs are from the 60s and 70s. Also has she ever been on that playlist before?
                                                  What does it matter from which decade a song is? Is or isn't AIWFCIY a Christmas classic? I love the reference of ... (for people who say that it isn't)... imagine someone from 1981 would claim that a legendary song from 1954 wouldn't be a classic...

in 2021, that little song from 1994 certianly is a classic, I think.
                                                  My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

What does it matter from which decade a song is? Is or isn't AIWFCIY a Christmas classic? I love the reference of ... (for people who say that it isn't)... imagine someone from 1981 would claim that a legendary song from 1954 wouldn't be a classic...

in 2021, that little song from 1994 certianly is a classic, I think.
                                                    It's more current than classic.

Also you've evaded answering the question twice. Had it ever been on Christmas classics playlist before? I am going to assume not.. so why is it suddenly such a problem that it's not on it this year?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X