No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 million... from what... 10 countries? The song has sold (minimum) 30 million consumption units so far.
    My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
      20 million... from what... 10 countries? The song has sold (minimum) 30 million consumption units so far.
      * the key word being certified units
      " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
      Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

* the key word being certified units
        I am well aware... but i don't think that it's something we should celebrate (the 20m thing) when the song has already outperformed that by a mile or two.
        My Chart

Comment

• BTW, We Belong Together has surpassed 71 million annual streams on Spotify. (her 2nd biggest song this year).

Mariah's top 10 songs of 2021: (so far)

+225,184,940 - 1994 - All I want for Christmas Is You
          +71,036,530 - 2005 - We Belong Together
          +54,373,278 - 1995 - Fantasy
          +51,493,165 - 2003 - I Know what You Want (ft. Busta Rhymes & The Flipmode Squad)
          +49,086,855 - 1996 - Always be my Baby
          +48,935,291 - 2009 - Obsessed
          +44,654,195 - 1994 - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
          +37,764,579 - 1993 - Hero
          +36,841,088 - 1994 - Without You
          +25,195,352 - 2008 - Touch my Body

ALL of those songs have reached new annual peaks. I really want ABMB to also cross 50 million.
          My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

I am well aware... but i don't think that it's something we should celebrate (the 20m thing) when the song has already outperformed that by a mile or two.
            Well it depends. I mean nothing is official until its certified.

Comment

Well it depends. I mean nothing is official until its certified.
              not really... when there are actual sales numbers available... like the one from South Korea (1,5 million) which is not even included...
              My Chart

Comment

• i think a certain publication should report the numbers to make it kind of like official. The "more than 16M" number which Wiki referenced to came from The Daily Telegraph.
                A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

Please keep your name calling to yourself. MeltAway and I are friends and we are having a rational discussion. Your obsession with me is disturbing at this point and you need to STOP with the name calling and dumb comments you have been directing at me since you joined. I have had it with you.
                  It's all good, Famous! We love everybody!

Anyway, I'm not sure it's a matter of "fairness". If the Classic Christmas playlist is intended to target Christmas songs from the 50-70's, that's cool. They need to remove a couple that fall outside of that parameter, I think.

Playlists aside, I think we have to admit that on the US Spotify anyway, RAT kicked AIW's butt this year. 900k lead on Christmas Day. Kuddos to Brenda. There, I said it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ferrero View Post
                    25/12 Spotify Global

1. AIW - 13,051,932
                    31. C(BPCH) - 3,754,697
                    90. Oh Santa 1,829,805
                    171. OHN 1,154,493
                    197. Silent Night 1,038,495

Nice hold! and surprise party crash by Silent Night!
                    How do these numbers compare to last year? Is 13M up or down from 2020?

Comment

The chart points do seem to be quite low at 400.. unless I'm remembering wrong didn't Mariah have like 500 the week she went back to number one last year?
                      I suspect that's because we don't have Christmas Eve in the chart week this year.

Comment

• Yep. That tells the tale. Except for AIW and LC, the rest of these songs lead the Classic Christmas playlist. It's definitely a big edge, if not the whole story. Note that Judy Garland's "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" is #7 on that playlist but #36 on US Spotify with 1.256 million streams. That is the one big disparity but it gives us a base line, I wager she's getting most of those 1.2M streams from the playlist.

Originally posted by Askforsnow View Post
                        Those doubting the power of excluding her from the Classics playlist as the older songs get double advantages of being in all the big playlists.
                        1 Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree by Brenda Lee 3,905,195
                        2 Jingle Bell Rock by Bobby Helms 3,433,516
                        3 It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year by Andy Williams 3,053,842
                        4 All I Want for Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey 3,043,472
                        5 A Holly Jolly Christmas - Single Version by Burl Ives 2,652,046
                        6 Feliz Navidad by Josť Feliciano 2,509,881
                        7 The Christmas Song (Merry Christmas To You) by Nat King Cole 2,390,342
                        8 Last Christmas by Wham! 2,363,572
                        9 White Christmas by Bing Crosby, Ken Darby Singers, John Scott Trotter & His Orchestra 2,361,540
                        10 Sleigh Ride by The Ronettes 2,334,921

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                          Dutch Top 100 - 25th December:

#2 All I Want For Christmas Is You (A Dutch song is at #1)

#52 Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)

https://dutchcharts.nl/weekchart.asp?cat=s
                          This has been one of the bigger drops (positionally) this year. I think AIW logged 4 weeks at #1 in the Netherlands last year. Looks like #2 will be the peak this year. One week or two?

Comment

• Oh the poor thing crying about how they are Obsessed which by the way is such a beautiful song about Mimi’s haters bathing in windex. I just sprayed some. Your Woe is me pity party is still in the pop lounge not in her base.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Regarding Spotify, it's not that simple as we think.
                              Paid, free and programmed streams have all different weights for BB, don't matter the total numbers we're seeing daily. It doesn't work that way.
                              I've read that RATCT has 3.2M programmed streams, AJHC 3.6M programmed streams, JBR 3M programmed streams and AIW 1.8M programmed streams, just for reference.

They don't have access to Amazon numbers on the other hand, that are key regarding Xmas songs (where AIW is #1).

They do wild predictions at this point LOL.
                              Yep. I think we said the same thing there. We don't really know how Spotify's raw streams shake out in terms of programmed, free or paid. So we don't really know how they impact BB. But Spotify is the biggest and the only meaningful streaming chart with numbers that we have so it makes sense that we fuss over the numbers there. However we slice it up, I don't like to see AIW at #4 and 900k behind RAT on Christmas Day!

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                                I don't know about the rest of you, but I am not ready to give up on Christmas music just yet.

This year Christmas felt like it whizzed past, and I am not ready to slow down my playing of Mariah's Christmas albums so they will still be in rotation for me this week and maybe next week too

Who's joining me?!
                                Dec 27. Still listening.

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post
                                  I am surprised no one has picked this up yet lol

https://www.instagram.com/mileycyrus...dium=copy_link
                                  It's not even on Spotify.
                                  Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• Originally posted by MeltAway View Post

This has been one of the bigger drops (positionally) this year. I think AIW logged 4 weeks at #1 in the Netherlands last year. Looks like #2 will be the peak this year. One week or two?
                                    Last week it was #3, this week at #2. Next week is the only week left this season to get to that #1 spot.
                                    But it's okay. It's huge every year anyway.
                                    Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Ha impact!
                                      I also love this one, where they sing: "It's gettin' late but we don't wanna go and Mariah's on the radio..."

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Last week it was #3, this week at #2. Next week is the only week left this season to get to that #1 spot.
                                        But it's okay. It's huge every year anyway.
                                        Maybe we'll snag #1 next week. But either way, 3 weeks top 3 is still great. And there is always next year.

Comment

Anyway, I'm not sure it's a matter of "fairness". If the Classic Christmas playlist is intended to target Christmas songs from the 50-70's, that's cool. They need to remove a couple that fall outside of that parameter, I think.

Playlists aside, I think we have to admit that on the US Spotify anyway, RAT kicked AIW's butt this year. 900k lead on Christmas Day. Kuddos to Brenda. There, I said it.
                                          Yeah exactly. I mean if AIWFC had been on that playlist before and was randomly removed this year it would be fair to complain about it. But it has never been on that playlist before and no one said a word about it! This year it's suddenly a big issue cos Brenda and some other songs are getting more streams! Smacks of sour grapes to me! AIW doesn't fit on the classic Chrismas playlist for very obvious reasons. Anyone being objective should have no issue seeing that ;)

I mean Mariah is still the dominant force overall anyway. She is still no 1
                                          Last edited by InFamous; Tue December 28, 2021, 01:04.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                                            Okay, so it's 5AM and I still can't sleep
                                            Took some medicine, but it's not working
                                            Someone's clinging to me and it's bittersweet
                                            'Cause he's head over heels, but it ain't that deep
                                            I finally changed my number, got a different pager
                                            Then last Saturday your cousin called
                                            To say you're trying to reach me
                                            Probably because you see that I'm with someone new

Sippin Black Irish, by the stereo
                                            Tryna find relief on the radio
                                            I'm suppressing the tears
                                            But they start to flow
                                            'Cause the next song I hear is the song I wrote
                                            When we first got together early that September
                                            I can't bear to listen, so I might as well drift
                                            In the kitchen pour another glass or two
                                            And try to forget youuuuu

omg Crybaby is a lyrical masterpiece
                                            She can change the lyric now

Comment

How do these numbers compare to last year? Is 13M up or down from 2020?
                                              Except for C(BPLH), the rest of them are a few of ten of thousands down compare to last yr.

Comment

Dec 27. Still listening.
                                                I will continue listening to Xmas music way into January. <3
                                                My Chart

Comment

• I can't wait for Mimi to get the longest #1 song on Billboard this decade (unless there will be rule changes).

Also, non Xmas song related but I've been bopping more recently to IBLULT. It still sounds so so fresh!

Comment

And the Charlie Brown Xmas album completely kicked Merry Christmas' butt! How could they?!?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X