Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by naughtynae View Post
    Probably one of if not the most honest vocal performances in her career.

It’s this song that reminds me she could easily do an emotional ballad now which could be amazing without attempting any super high belts she doesn’t need them.
    Yep.
    All of this.

Comment

• Alllllll ⬆️ of this agreed also!!

Comment

• Comment

• She looks amazing in those game ads! 51(52) where?!

Comment

• Her Aspen style was top notch this year
            See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Yep.
              All of this.

Agree <3 for me is one of her best covers. The emotion is real

Comment

• Originally posted by ChristmasJedi View Post

Happy new year everybody!!!!

I can’t pick an all time top ten right now, but, According to Apple Music, my top 10 this year was:

1- Somewhat Loved
                2- Fall in love at Christmas
                3- Breakdown
                4- Crybaby
                5- Save the day
                6- We belong together (late night version)
                7- The distance
                8- When Christmas comes (Magical…)
                9- A no no
                10- Heartbreaker Remix

1. All I Want for Christmas is You
                2. Fantasy
                3. Vision of Love
                4. We Belong Together
                5. Make it Happen
                6. My All
                7. The Roof
                8. Breakdown
                9. Can't Let Go
                10. Fly Like a Bird

Comment

• I am so excited for new music this year, we are on the cusp of a new era!

I am looking forward to new tracks like MIH, AYNAF, as she said in the NME interview, I think

From what she said, I couldn’t tell if she was doing remakes of dem songs like she did for The Roof, or just songs like them

I hope there are some David Cole inspired fun disco moments too

And yes OHOMO is one of my favorite studio vocals of all time, she sounds like smooth butter, so rested, and it’s such an emotional performance, that and Against All Odds are my favorite covers from a vocal standpoint #tone

Comment

Btw, someone here asked about this picture and I answered that it was a still from the Masterclass, but here's the full pic:

Can't wait for this!
                    This looks straight from E=MC2 era

A total slay, I am obsessed with the side part

Comment

• OHOMO is the kind of vocal you might play for someone who was hearing Mariah’s voice for the first time. Can you imagine not knowing Mariah and she stepped on the stage singing that. It would be spell-binding! I guess it would have been for the people who heard her singing at that summer camp.

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfeagle View Post
                        OHOMO is the kind of vocal you might play for someone who was hearing Mariah’s voice for the first time. Can you imagine not knowing Mariah and she stepped on the stage singing that. It would be spell-binding! I guess it would have been for the people who heard her singing at that summer camp.
                        haunting imagination. When I first heard her, my soul left me and my heart stop. I was re-born IN presence of her voice.
                        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post

I really thought it was a picture from 2008! Damn.
                          Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                          www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Can't wait for tomorrow to know if she's #1 or #2. An eight week at number 1 would be the best way to kick off 2022. She's so close!!

Comment

• Also OHOMO is one of my favorite songs ever now. It was my most played song of 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                Her Aspen style was top notch this year
                                Those pics in the snow with the D&G gowns (the red and the champagne one) were stunning.

Amazing photoshoot.

Loved the HARPER'S BAZAAR shoot 'cause it was very natural, but those from Aspen were a total slayage, even album cover worthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                                  Agree <3 for me is one of her best covers. The emotion is real
                                  Def my fave cover by her

Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                  And yes OHOMO is one of my favorite studio vocals of all time, she sounds like smooth butter, so rested, and it’s such an emotional performance, that and Against All Odds are my favorite covers from a vocal standpoint #tone
                                  She sounded amazing in AAO, but my 2nd favorite cover is TBO

Originally posted by Sebastian View Post
                                  Also OHOMO is one of my favorite songs ever now. It was my most played song of 2020.

YASSS, LOVING THIS OHOMO APPRECIATION DAY

Comment

• Originally posted by Sebastian View Post
                                    Can't wait for tomorrow to know if she's #1 or #2. An eight week at number 1 would be the best way to kick off 2022. She's so close!!
                                    I think she's gonna be #2 but with a SUPER SMALL margin, probably less than 5 points.
                                    BUT if she stays at #1... idk I'm not gonna do any other promise like last year

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post

She always slays this look

She used this side-part thing a lot during 2009!

I wonder when she recorded the Masterclass.
                                      Sis was working behind-the-scenes like A LOT.

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfeagle View Post
                                        OHOMO is the kind of vocal you might play for someone who was hearing Mariah’s voice for the first time. Can you imagine not knowing Mariah and she stepped on the stage singing that. It would be spell-binding! I guess it would have been for the people who heard her singing at that summer camp.
                                        When my trainee said she only knew All I Want For Christmas Is You, I had to play her some Mariah of course. I started with Vision Of Love and she was amazed by the vocal runs at the end. Next I played Emotions. No need to say she was stunned by Mariah's vocals in those songs.
                                        (At the end of the listening session she said she knew Fantasy and Obsessed.)
                                        Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• I still remember the first time I heard her voice.
                                          It was magical and so special.
                                          Never felt something like that with any other artist.

Comment

I still remember the first time I heard her voice.
                                            It was magical and so special.
                                            Never felt something like that with any other artist.
                                            I have to admit I had to hear Vision Of Love a few times before I went running to the CD store to buy the album.
                                            Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• The Morocco '12 concert is underrated.
                                              She sounded great!
                                              The sound system ruined it for me, making her voice seems like dry.

Just look at the difference with the audio from the audience:

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

When my trainee said she only knew All I Want For Christmas Is You, I had to play her some Mariah of course. I started with Vision Of Love and she was amazed by the vocal runs at the end. Next I played Emotions. No need to say she was stunned by Mariah's vocals in those songs.
                                                (At the end of the listening session she said she knew Fantasy and Obsessed.)
                                                So cool that you got to introduce them to the best of Mariah! I think that's why I like the Mariah reaction videos on Youtube, even if some of them are just courting views!

Comment

The Morocco '12 concert is underrated.
                                                  She sounded great!
                                                  The sound system ruined it for me, making her voice seems like dry.

Just look at the difference with the audio from the audience:

It was my 1st time seeing her <3 I went with Yerac

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

It was my 1st time seeing her <3 I went with Yerac
                                                    I remember how excited I was when I saw Mariah for the first time: Daydream Tour in 1996.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X