Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post

Except for sales. That was lower than what I expected, particularly based on last year
    And it will probably be even lower next year. Everybody and its cat must have bought the song by now.
    Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

And it will probably be even lower next year. Everybody and its cat must have bought the song by now.
      That's one of the more impressive things about this song.
      It's got huge actual (digital) sales already and it keeps selling.

And people have it on the album too, which also keeps selling.
      MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post

That's one of the more impressive things about this song.
        It's got huge actual (digital) sales already and it keeps selling.

And people have it on the album too, which also keeps selling.
        And they can stream it for free too, but it keeps selling
        Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
        www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by ChristmasJedi View Post
            Wow she keeps on winning!

Is this real?! Seems awfully high. Wasn't its last certification 6x platinum?
            You don’t have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

• Originally posted by carey18ph View Post

There was a time when Hot 100 is purely airplay where Try Again became no. 1. That rule change was likely because of Loverboy - hitting no. 2 mainly due to strong sales which CDs were discounted to 69 cents.
              It’s confusing because they have changed it so much. I had to look it up to find actual breakdown numbers. Airplay only songs could not chart at all until 1998. Prior to then, the breakdown was 60% airplay 40% sales. Starting in 1998 (until it was changed multiple times after) it was 75% airplay 25% sales.

Comment

• IF the 8xP for TEOM is real, then Island will also have re-certified E=MC˛ (2xP) and Memoirs (1xP). It wouldn't make sense to not certify those.
                My Chart

Comment

I came to post this as well but its not on the RIAA site. And I agree with Stevyy with the rest of her island catalogue deserving an upgrade.

Comment

• Well, the AIWFCIY diamond certification leaked before it was made official, right?
                    Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                    www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Listening to AYNAF, dear lord I always forget how freaking beautiful it is #theONEthatgotaway

Every frickin remix too, just a perfect song

Comment

• Originally posted by LambChild View Post
                        SHE STAYED AT #1!!!!!

Originally posted by LostAvenger View Post

incredible!
                        OMG!!!

I'd already resigned myself happily for the #2 spot. I can't believe it! Congrats MC!!! This is huge!!!

I'm late to the party! But what a great surprise! Congrats MC! Congrats Lambs. This is really special.

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

These numbers show how important streaming is in Billboard's chart calculations.

Comment

• Enjoy that bathroom floor, stevvy. This is for you. Thanks for the tireless tracking of chart info and passionate posts.

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                            I am on the bathroom floor. Yes, the cold, shiny floor in the bathroom... crying and shouting and ugly crying... and looking for things to throw and there it goes... the toothbrush... in the toilet... I flush... the water runs over... ONTO me... but that is OK because Mariah made it... she defeated the final opponent, in German we call it "Endgegner"... she won the game and everything charts related... I am flushed, floored, wigless and as happy as one can be. I'm out.

#TheySaidSheWouldn'tLast

Comment

If this is legit, she would now surpass Barbra Streisand and be the highest certified female artist with over 70M album units then? (She’s currently equalling Barbra at 68.5 millions)

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

The US chart-run was a total serve:

36 - 12 - 3 - 2 - 1 - (2022): 1- 1

3 weeks at #1, 5 weeks Top 3

Best chart run ever for the song in the US thus far.
                                One among 5 markets to log 3 weeks at this season!

USA
                                Germany
                                Austria
                                Switzerland
                                Sweden

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                  She added another week at #1 on the Streaming Songs Chart (6 consecutive weeks this year!).
                                  That is massive! 16 weeks total?

Comment

• She is just brilliant. Her tempo is just perfect that even without any instrumentals she can still get the timing right.

Comment

• Love this!

Comment

• Nice edit

Comment

• Just came here to congratulate my mf queen Mariah Carey on staying at #1 on the Hot 100 (which is difficult to get, not everyone has that to their credit ) . We stan a legendary artist and she will forever keep on winning I'm so proud to be part of the lambily

Comment

• Originally posted by MeltAway View Post

That is massive! 16 weeks total?
                                            It would actually be its 15th week at #1 on Streaming.
                                            It got it's 5th straight week this season.
                                            MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post
                                              If in two days she beat Adele, one of the biggest artist out there now, can we assume that she will always be unstoppable on xmas week that include more than two days lol?
                                              Definitely.
                                              Unless an artist releases 10 versions of the song with multiple videos and discount the already discounted versions to debut at #1 and then free-fall after a week or a group with the "massive buying" thing and even then, it would be still close.

Comment

• Originally posted by carey18ph View Post
                                                A 19.2M streaming lead is still greater than 77.5M Airplay + 4200 Sales lead
                                                Yes

I've read AIW was +12-ish points ahead EOM on Twitter this chart week.
                                                That's quite a lot.
                                                The good sis is unstoppable.

Comment

• QUEEN OF CHRISTMAS, AND OF EVERYTHING

What a great way to start 2022. I am so blessed to have her as my queen. I love you Mariah.
                                                  Mariah Carey is the first and only artiste to have #1 singles in four different decades
                                                  Your basic faves could never

Comment

• Originally posted by Imopink1 View Post
                                                    Mariah Carey is an anomaly of the world. I mean come on what are the odds. She has or has had a 5+ octave vocal range. (Which is very rare) Held the Guinness world record for highest note ever recorded at one point, AND has the record for longest running weeks at #1 of any Hot 100 billboard act and continues to be number one 32 years after her debut. To be be blessed with so much talent and success is insane. I would love to see her astrology birth chart cuz she’s had a very interesting life.
                                                    That without mention her lows, sabotages, health issues, and all the times people counted her out plus all her post '14 fiascos.

It's like nothing can affect nor stop her! A true fighter.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X