No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^That article misses, perhaps, the biggest time the media failed Mariah and that's TRL!
    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Sis wasn't playing with dem lyrics.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
        ^That article misses, perhaps, the biggest time the media failed Mariah and that's TRL!
        Yeah, that was actually painful.
        That whole Era was horrible, she didn't deserve all of that.

Comment

• Why was "Forever" released as an airplay-only single?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
            Not gonna lie. This has better production quality and story than most of her music videos...

Comment

• It's a funny skit. I like it!

Comment

Why was "Forever" released as an airplay-only single?
                Serving as an airplay only song in the US, and a limited release around the world, the song received a well amount of chart success specifically in the U.S.. In the United States, Billboard rules did not allow the charting of non-commercially released songs. For this reason, it did not chart on the Hot 100, however peaking at number two on the Adult Contemporary chart. Outside the US, the song peaked at number 11 in Canada, 40 in New Zealand and 44 in the Netherlands.
                Ooook.
                The song should've been a semi-hit if released properly, Top 10 for sure.

Btw, one of her best live performances EVER, this song is hard af.
                I think only prime-riah could pull this off this way.

Comment

• We wish, LMAO.

Comment

Bye Piers!
                    I don’t agree with the 2014 Breakfast Club interview being on the list.
                    I just watched the whole interview. They had a good time.
                    At the end, she talks about how there were talks of a Memoir.
                    Now that we have it, back on 2014, you can hear how she knew that this Memoir was a gonna be a deep moment for her and she, at that time, was scared about taking the weight of telling her biracial story to the world.
                    Seemed destined to be released at such a different time!
                    http://marcokircher.com
                    http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                    IG: marco235

Comment

• I don’t see anything wrong with this 2014 Breakfast Club Interview.

http://marcokircher.com
                      http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                      IG: marco235

Comment

• Thank god we are the gatekeepers now

Comment

• I just heard Melissa Ethridge “I’m The Only One” on the radio for the first time in years and thought BelteRiah would slay the hell out of that chorus

Comment

Why was "Forever" released as an airplay-only single?
                            Probably to make more people buy the Daydream album.

Here in the Netherlands it was released as a physical single.
                            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Y’all ever play those Mariah piano covers on Apple or Spotify out of curiosity and get blown away by the lead vocal melodies?

A version of “We Belong Together” by The Chillest just started playing on my Apple Music and I cannot get over how good the vocal melody is

JD always credited ABMB to Mariah, but like the melody on that song is just as good as the lyrics, same with WBT

Comment

• Meemz (or Queen of Memes...) is a 11/10 topline songwriter - her ability to craft melodies are superior to everyone else. When she writes songs by herself, I feel like she will be limited by the usual chord progressions she is familiar with. That is why when she collabs with a musician who can suggest chords that are unexpected to her, her superior melodic mind will create a new web of melodies. Hence I think her collabs will always be better than her solo efforts, cos it forces her to flex her melodic web-weaving skills. (for example, see TCTTAFM - apparently she wrote it all by herself except the bridge with Diane Warren...it has the very melodramatic Mariah feel...).

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmondBreeze View Post
                                  Meemz (or Queen of Memes...) is a 11/10 topline songwriter - her ability to craft melodies are superior to everyone else. When she writes songs by herself, I feel like she will be limited by the usual chord progressions she is familiar with. That is why when she collabs with a musician who can suggest chords that are unexpected to her, her superior melodic mind will create a new web of melodies. Hence I think her collabs will always be better than her solo efforts, cos it forces her to flex her melodic web-weaving skills. (for example, see TCTTAFM - apparently she wrote it all by herself except the bridge with Diane Warren...it has the very melodramatic Mariah feel...).
                                  Yes I love it when she collaborates obviously! Diane Warren ain’t my bag but I am very pro-exploration with different collaborators

Comment

• Yes, that's what I meant...I don't like CTTAFM...her solo melody was too melodramatic and syrupy for me...even more than the ones she co-wrote with Walter. (although I know she is very proud of the song, as it has personal meaning to her).

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashiado View Post
                                      I don’t see anything wrong with this 2014 Breakfast Club Interview.
                                      I agree.
                                      It was just that unnecessary comment about her ass.

---

Sandra Bernhard should be on the list. She's the worst.

Comment

• I agree.

We love Kris but he goes way too far sometimes.

Tho he gave her some of her best looks ever.

I think with Mariah less is more.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                          Probably to make more people buy the Daydream album.

Here in the Netherlands it was released as a physical single.
                                          Yeah, that could be one of the reasons... who knows!

Forever did quite well, the song managed to crack the top-ten on the Hot 100 airplay chart.

Comment

• There's a TikTok challenge.

Comment

• Fantasy US iTunes #174

Comment

• Mariah Carey - Spotify Streams (2011-2021)

Comment

• The surge in streaming numbers for Fantasy is probably due to latest TikTik challenge.

Comment

Yeah, that could be one of the reasons... who knows!

Forever did quite well, the song managed to crack the top-ten on the Hot 100 airplay chart.
                                                    Love that song! I think Forever could have hit #1 (or Top 3 at least) had the single been released when airplay was peaking at #9. It was common in the mid-late 90's to serve singles to radio but not stores to push album sales. Forever served that purpose promoting Daydream following its three massive #1's (Fantasy, OSD, and ABMB), but if their huge sales were any indication, Forever would have smashed on the Sales charts and would have debuted high on the Hot 100, if not at #1. It was released a full 14 months before Honey. There was time. I think it was a missed opportunity for another #1...

Still one of my favorites from MC.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X