• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://twitter.com/billboardcharts/...140118017?s=21

Billboard is shady with AIWFCIY since 2020
    Mariah Carey- The Queen of Queens And The Goddess of Goddesses

Comment

• She definitely needs a Spring/Summer album release.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokie76 View Post

Right. Any idea what kind of numbers AIW Remixes are doing?
        Why was Extra Festive deleted?

Comment

• Originally posted by MimiCici View Post

The era will die again after november like what happened with caution, it was overshadowed by her christmas music. I prefer March release for lead single and May or june for album.
          That's why I said album release in september instead of november. Her eras don't last much anyway, at least this way it will continue into the christmas season.
          Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
          www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by ReubenWalton View Post

Why was Extra Festive deleted?
            bc it was eating away massive sales from aiw original (and also streams). for some reason bb doesn't combine their sales and streams.
            My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by MimiCici View Post
              https://twitter.com/billboardcharts/...140118017?s=21

Billboard is shady with AIWFCIY since 2020
              how is shady? you just have to read and it says clearly Every new #1 song

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                I'd like a summer release, with tropical bops. yass, MIMI, yass beaches.
                I'd love a summer release too. She's long overdue a tropical bop at least.
                Give us “All In Your Mind 2022” with them full, chest well-rested power vocals, Mimi!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

Thats why is shady, cause they added the word new just to avoid adding all i want lol

Comment

They can just simply say “every number 1 song of 2021” like they used to pre AIWFCIY reaching no 1
                    Mariah Carey- The Queen of Queens And The Goddess of Goddesses

Comment

• Godbracelet mention
                      Last edited by TheRealest; Thu January 6, 2022, 06:10.

Comment

• Don't miss the last Mariah's Massive Merriest Milestones for this Christmas season.

Head on over here for more milestones like:

5 in 5: This is the first season in which AWIFCIY has spent 5 weeks in the Hot 100 top 5, besting 2019 and 2020 where it spent 4 weeks in the top 5 in each. Just like 2019 and 2020 however, AIW has charted for 7 weeks this season, the 3rd year to do so.
                        MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Oh come on… let’s not pretend that Billboard don’t praise her and promote her constantly. I’m sure they weren’t meant to be shady towards her.
                          To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                            Oh come on… let’s not pretend that Billboard don’t praise her and promote her constantly. I’m sure they weren’t meant to be shady towards her.
                            Is it constant praise because they want to or because they have to (ie. the song is performing well).
                            See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Regardless, they still constantly feature her so i'm okay with it. This is not that deep. AIW exceeded everyone's expectation and achieved unique and rare accomplishments enough for billboard to revise some of their updates.
                              A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Is it constant praise because they want to or because they have to (ie. the song is performing well).
                                But I don’t think it ends with AIW.. they always run articles on her successes.. I think Mariah recognises that too. She always has good things to say about Billboard. I think generally they are really good to her.
                                To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• I don’t think BB is being shady. There are lots of articles about Mariah’s Christmas success and they even did one this year about the rest of her catalog. Like, come on!

I have enjoyed this season so much! Mariah never ceases to amaze me.

Regarding new music, I’m hoping for a late March/beginning of May release for the single. If she’s to grace us with new music, she surely will do it early.

Comment

• What songs do you guys think have not aged well?? This is my list (i like these songs btw, but i find them not so interesting today in terms of production):

I Stay in Love
                                    Heat
                                    Last Kiss
                                    Auld lang syne
                                    Standing O
                                    Up out my Face
                                    More than just friends
                                    One More Try
                                    The Star

Comment

• That's not a terrible list...

Interestingly, I was thinking about Mariah's song that have aged well, and I think some of them resonate so well today.

But some of the ballads on E=MC2 have not, even though I enjoy the album and it has some great moments.

I've Been Thinking About You from Music Box sounded dated when it was released in 1993 - that one certainly has not aged well.
                                      Last edited by InfoFromAus; Thu January 6, 2022, 13:52.
                                      MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                        I'd like a summer release, with tropical bops. yass, MIMI, yass beaches.
                                        Well, she's been close with Anitta so..

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                                          That's not a terrible list...

Interestingly, I was thinking about Mariah's that have aged well, and I think some of them resonate so well today.

But some of the ballads on E=MC2 have not, even though I enjoy the album and it has some great moments.

I've Been Thinking About You from Music Box sounded dated when it was released in 1993 - that one certainly has not aged well.
                                          Mariah is so good making ballads, that I can’t believe she delivered those on E=MC2, even though i like it, Bye Bye should have been on that list too, tbh.

Comment

Exactly

Comment

• Originally posted by ChristmasJedi View Post

Mariah is so good making ballads, that I can’t believe she delivered those on E=MC2, even though i like it, Bye Bye should have been on that list too, tbh.

And I think, as you said, a lot of it is the production.
                                              Some of the ballads have some nice melodic lines to them but the production is dated or bland.

I get them confused as they blur into one for me... Last Kiss, I Stay in Love... I can't remember the third one. Love Story? The titles are even similar to an extent
                                              I know I'm being picky, but they're the biggest let down on a generally solid album for me. I still rate it well.
                                              MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• We do know that her Masterclass is coming in the Spring so now it's a matter of whether it will be tied to something larger like many of her other projects.

I saw some classes are about six 5min videos while others are more substantive like Hillary's which has 16 sessions of varying lengths.

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post

And I think, as you said, a lot of it is the production.
                                                  Some of the ballads have some nice melodic lines to them but the production is dated or bland.

I get them confused as they blur into one for me... Last Kiss, I Stay in Love... I can't remember the third one. Love Story? The titles are even similar to an extent
                                                  I know I'm being picky, but they're the biggest let down on a generally solid album for me. I still rate it well.
                                                  The production was rushed. Love Story and Last Kiss get me confused all the time

i completely agree with you about “nice melodic lines”. Last Kiss for example, got me when Mariah sang it a cappella. That moment I thought: “wow, how beautiful that song sounds” but then i played the original and i was out again
                                                  Last edited by ChristmasJedi; Thu January 6, 2022, 14:57.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                                    She has shown that she is open to collabing with new acts in the recent years. Ariana in 2020 and Khalid in 2021 are examples.

Of course, during the Caution era she was also very open to working with Cardi B and last year she mentioned working with her again - albeit for a bra line.
                                                    Yeah, she's shown she's open to collabo with new people.

Remember she also made a shout-out to Bruno (but he didn't answer back).

Comment

Working...
                                                    X