Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
    I hope she knows that she doesn't need to release bloated albums with 14+ tracks... a nice 9-10 track album is perfect these days.
    Caution being the best example.

    No need for fillers (I'm looking at you, MIAM).

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Shaka View Post

      Yeah, she's shown she's open to collabo with new people.

      Remember she also made a shout-out to Bruno (but he didn't answer back).

      Knowing now what we didn’t know then, she was literally asking him to come through the Butterfly Lounge. Would LOVE if he stopped by.
      funny how one can learn
      to grow numb to the madness
      and block it away

      Comment


      • I need a new remix album with new additions. I would really really really love a remix album for Caution (the whole album).

        Comment


        • What a crime it would be if you didn’t respond to THE Mariah Carey’s request to work with you.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
            Can I just say that my love for Caution is immortal... really. LOVE. Caution.
            Masterpiece.

            Is now oficially my 2nd favorite album

            1. Butterfly
            2. Caution
            3. Charmie

            Comment


            • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
              Mariah x Ariana + Britney (as Ariana's lead single)... et voila 20th #1.
              Mariah X Ariana X Dua.
              That's better.

              Britney needs to follow Mariah again on Insta before we talk about it.
              I can't believe she unfollowed her (and only her, before her sister) when MC was only showing love and support

              Comment


              • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                I'd like a summer release, with tropical bops. yass, MIMI, yass beaches.
                Yes, yes.
                I want a summer release.
                Tropical bops sound amazing.
                Give us that latin flavor with Anitta.
                She should work with Bad Bunny. I know he's overrated but he's a streaming force. Same goes to Ozuna.
                Throw DJ Snake.
                Then add Ari, Justin B, Abel.
                If she goes for the collabo route, I want something totally unexpected, super eclectic. Like different sounds.

                Then she can make the gospel/jazz album.
                She still has time for that.

                Comment


                • A Mariah and Britney record would be a mess. But I would love for them to work on a project together outside of music.

                  Originally posted by LambChild View Post
                  Knowing now what we didn’t know then, she was literally asking him to come through the Butterfly Lounge. Would LOVE if he stopped by.
                  Would be cool to see what they would come up with!
                  See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                    A Mariah and Britney record would be a mess. But I would love for them to work on a project together outside of music.



                    Would be cool to see what they would come up with!
                    the girls are long overdue a new restaurant chain or sth... Planet Diva (owned by Mariah / Britney / Alicia / Missy).

                    The power that that would have.
                    My Chart

                    Comment


                    • I’m gonna go ahead and say it’s almost certain we’ll be getting spring/early summer album. With the Master-class and SHOF induction scheduled for around that time it makes sense they’d want to strike while she’s around being seen by the public. Of course I’m hopeful for commercial success but I could foresee this being another critical darling like Caution was. If she’s taking a stripped back songwriter approach to this, being released at the same time as Masterclass and SHOF could be epic. Group all that with her current top notch social media presence and a few talk show appearances ABOUT THE MUSIC, and we have ourselves a proper era. Maybe one that lasts a month!!
                      funny how one can learn
                      to grow numb to the madness
                      and block it away

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by LambChild View Post
                        I’m gonna go ahead and say it’s almost certain we’ll be getting spring/early summer album. With the Master-class and SHOF induction scheduled for around that time it makes sense they’d want to strike while she’s around being seen by the public. Of course I’m hopeful for commercial success but I could foresee this being another critical darling like Caution was. If she’s taking a stripped back songwriter approach to this, being released at the same time as Masterclass and SHOF could be epic. Group all that with her current top notch social media presence and a few talk show appearances ABOUT THE MUSIC, and we have ourselves a proper era. Maybe one that lasts a month!!
                        Talk show appearances are so dated these days. They dont have the time to really go into depth about anything.

                        If she has to go on talk shows, then use it for promo for the documentary about behind the scenes making of The Butterfly Lounge sessions.

                        Her new PR did a good job this Christmas of ensuring she did international interviews, but i disliked that there were so many that were covering the same thing and in the same format. The few that broke through the format were really good (e.g. the Buzzfeed game).

                        I dont mind a scaled back approach of longer, in depth interviews similar to her TMOMC promo - but do that with more international appearances as well.
                        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                        Comment


                        • I think she hinted at an Easter gospel release in one of the interviews I hope we get more than just a gospel sessions album.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by bm08 View Post

                            Talk show appearances are so dated these days. They dont have the time to really go into depth about anything.

                            If she has to go on talk shows, then use it for promo for the documentary about behind the scenes making of The Butterfly Lounge sessions.
                            Well if the topics are just album, masterclass, SHOF, and documentary then just arrive on the talk shows to announce/promote them. Go in depth on the documentary.
                            funny how one can learn
                            to grow numb to the madness
                            and block it away

                            Comment


                            • Comment


                              • Originally posted by bm08 View Post

                                Talk show appearances are so dated these days. They dont have the time to really go into depth about anything.

                                If she has to go on talk shows, then use it for promo for the documentary about behind the scenes making of The Butterfly Lounge sessions.

                                Her new PR did a good job this Christmas of ensuring she did international interviews, but i disliked that there were so many that were covering the same thing and in the same format. The few that broke through the format were really good (e.g. the Buzzfeed game).

                                I dont mind a scaled back approach of longer, in depth interviews similar to her TMOMC promo - but do that with more international appearances as well.
                                Talk shows still work to some extent as it appeal to a certain demographic, but I guess these days "promo" has more to do with playlisting, online ads and social media presence (like the Vogue video she did).

                                I hope for her next project they invest more in playlisting.
                                Previously known as sYair

                                Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                                www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by Sebastian View Post

                                  Talk shows still work to some extent as it appeal to a certain demographic, but I guess these days "promo" has more to do with playlisting, online ads and social media presence (like the Vogue video she did).

                                  I hope for her next project they invest more in playlisting.
                                  Playlisting and those exciting music videos with plots, especially in the streaming era, you know the ones, Honey, HB, ILT/WBT, TMB, Obsessed, AIWFCIY 2019

                                  Give Spotify some kind of pre-exclusive, or contract a Christmas exclusive for this Dec 2022, anything to get the first single to debut on Today’s Top Hits

                                  Comment


                                  • As much as I want to know about what’s to come, I hope Mariah and her team remain quiet (from here on out) about her new music until it drops.

                                    The surprise factor in terms of buzz is everything in today’s music world… look how The Weeknd only announced his new album with only a couple days before it drops tonight.

                                    Hopefully the buzz of people discovering who she has worked with on The Butterfly Lounge will carry it to success.

                                    I personally don’t think she should waste her time with too much press. Do like 1 late night appearance and 1 late night performance once the album drops and call it a day.

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by 24fanatic View Post
                                      As much as I want to know about what’s to come, I hope Mariah and her team remain quiet (from here on out) about her new music until it drops.

                                      The surprise factor in terms of buzz is everything in today’s music world… look how The Weeknd only announced his new album with only a couple days before it drops tonight.

                                      Hopefully the buzz of people discovering who she has worked with on The Butterfly Lounge will carry it to success.

                                      I personally don’t think she should waste her time with too much press. Do like 1 late night appearance and 1 late night performance once the album drops and call it a day.
                                      There’s a big different with artist like The Weeknd or Beyoncé or Drake to drop a surprise album with no previous promo

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by 24fanatic View Post

                                        I personally don’t think she should waste her time with too much press. Do like 1 late night appearance and 1 late night performance once the album drops and call it a day.
                                        Isn't that what she always does?
                                        Previously known as sYair

                                        Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                                        www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

                                        Comment


                                        • We can’t say mariah doesn’t make the most popular music

                                          Comment




                                          • Brandy <3

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by ChristmasJedi View Post
                                              What songs do you guys think have not aged well?? This is my list (i like these songs btw, but i find them not so interesting today in terms of production):

                                              I Stay in Love
                                              Heat
                                              Last Kiss
                                              Auld lang syne
                                              Standing O
                                              Up out my Face
                                              More than just friends
                                              One More Try
                                              The Star
                                              I love the melody of The Star. I know it's not a "big song" but it speaks to me. I play it through out the year

                                              In terms of "dated", I think of a few from Charmbracelet: Irresistible, Lullaby, You Had Your Chance.

                                              Others: You Need Me, Now That I Know, I've Been Thinking About You, To Be Around You, Did I Do That?, More Than Just Friends...

                                              - I still enjoy them occasionally.

                                              As a whole, MIAM leads as my least fav album production-wise.
                                              #mariahcarey #lambforlife

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                                We can’t say mariah doesn’t make the most popular music
                                                Hmm to me putting Hip-Hop and R&B in the same genre category in 2021 is a reach. I’d like to see how much of that 247.5 million is actually R&B.
                                                funny how one can learn
                                                to grow numb to the madness
                                                and block it away

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by LambChild View Post

                                                  Hmm to me putting Hip-Hop and R&B in the same genre category in 2021 is a reach. I’d like to see how much of that 247.5 million is actually R&B.
                                                  Exactly.

                                                  Them putting the two together seems very “black people in one category” to me.

                                                  Hip Hop seems to outpace R&B to me.
                                                  See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by LambChild View Post

                                                    Hmm to me putting Hip-Hop and R&B in the same genre category in 2021 is a reach. I’d like to see how much of that 247.5 million is actually R&B.
                                                    R&B is still going strong :


                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X