No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at Alicia's sales (R&B) suggests that R&B accounts for like 1% of that 27,7% of sales. It's horrific.

Someone else once said that if Mariah returns with a new album... it might also debut just outside the top 40 or sth... and I believe that could become our reality. R&B music is dead in sales... and only a handful can make it work with extra special collabos on the lead singles or sth.

At least Mariah can always bank on her Xmas album - which apparently always reaches #1 on the R&B albums chart.
    My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Xmas View Post

R&B is still going strong :
      99% of that list isn't even R&B. Dua Lipa is doing what... dance-pop. I guess everything can be labelled R&B... I mean Music Box was also R&B and the album consists of 99% AC music.
      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

99% of that list isn't even R&B. Dua Lipa is doing what... dance-pop. I guess everything can be labelled R&B... I mean Music Box was also R&B and the album consists of 99% AC music.
        I’m not saying it’s all R&B. Dua is Pop. Duh. But The Weeknd & Silk Sonic having the biggest songs of the year is a major R&B win. The top 10 has more R&B than Hip/Hop. Alicia & Mariah are no longer “relevant” that’s why they will not sale or chart higher. Same goes for Madonna and we don’t say Pop is dead.

On another note :

Comment

• OMG YASSSSSSSSS!!!

I've been looking for this for years

Mariah Carey breaks down “Charmbracelet” track by track in-depth! (Unseen interview)

Comment

• Summer Walker is Rnb and it charted amazing just recently so I don't think the genre is entirely dead (in the US, everywhere it probably is)

Comment

• She should've done a track-by-track breakdown for Caution album

Comment

• Godbracelet is so underrated.
                Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• I wish she would start to perform MIH this way:

I don't like the way she does this song now (by now I mean 2015 - 2020).

The only post-2015 performance I kinda enjoyed was this one, 'cause at least she was trying:

Btw, the Essence Fest concert is underrated.
                  She did lots of great attempts.
                  Emotions Intro was a total serve and VOL was great.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Sebastian View Post
                      Godbracelet is so underrated.
                      Charmiebible

In my Top 3, always!

Comment

• Did she just photoshop her eyes into that picture she posted on her ig story? LMAO

Comment

• This performance was so messy.
                          Whitney was O.O.C. (not in a good way for me, she was doing ad-libs everywhere and not connecting with her partner) and Mariah's mic was so damn low

Comment

• It's the "Nobody saw this coming!!!!" for me.

She read us.

Comment

• So according to this, the AIW vs EOM battle wasn't that close:

AIW 291 points
                              EOM 280 points
                              = 11 points difference

Comment

• Y’all give CB a rest

Unless we’re talking the tour, I’ll praise its tour for eternity

This is her best pic ever btw

Last edited by allygdale; Fri January 7, 2022, 02:57.

Comment

• Seeing the comments on her tweets hahahha di she photoshop her face on the helmet?

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                  It's the "Nobody saw this coming!!!!" for me.

She read us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                    So according to this, the AIW vs EOM battle wasn't that close:

AIW 291 points
                                    EOM 280 points
                                    = 11 points difference

So all the predictions prior to release were all off, my goodness!!!!
                                    AsaPUKE ing bola
                                    king lalam ning TETE

Comment

• Originally posted by SomeonesUglyDaughter View Post
                                      Seeing the comments on her tweets hahahha di she photoshop her face on the helmet?

Queen of photoshop

Still a better edit than YDKWTD though lol

Comment

• Originally posted by SomeonesUglyDaughter View Post
                                        Seeing the comments on her tweets hahahha di she photoshop her face on the helmet?
                                        Looks like it

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                          Y’all give CB a rest

Unless we’re talking the tour, I’ll praise its tour for eternity

This is her best pic ever btw
                                          Charmiebible AKA Godbracelet is a masterpiece Ally, deal.

The CBWT Tour was also a serve.

And yeah, that's one of her best looks EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by 05musicbox View Post
                                            So all the predictions prior to release were all off, my goodness!!!!
                                            Yeah, as all the predictions during the whole season.
                                            They underestimated her streams in every single week and sometimes her radio numbers as well.

Comment

• The helmet pic, I can't

Comment

• They're gonna serve with dem harmonies and runs. I know. I can already feel it.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by ChristmasJedi View Post
                                                    I don’t think BB is being shady. There are lots of articles about Mariah’s Christmas success and they even did one this year about the rest of her catalog. Like, come on!
                                                    Exactly.
                                                    She's the Queen Of Billboard, they can't hate on her
                                                    She holds like 75% of their records, LOL.

Plus:

Comment

Working...
                                                    X