Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
    A Mariah and Britney record would be a mess. But I would love for them to work on a project together outside of music.
    Don't be mean

LOL who made this?

---

Originally posted by LambChild View Post
    I’m gonna go ahead and say it’s almost certain we’ll be getting spring/early summer album. With the Master-class and SHOF induction scheduled for around that time it makes sense they’d want to strike while she’s around being seen by the public. Of course I’m hopeful for commercial success but I could foresee this being another critical darling like Caution was. If she’s taking a stripped back songwriter approach to this, being released at the same time as Masterclass and SHOF could be epic. Group all that with her current top notch social media presence and a few talk show appearances ABOUT THE MUSIC, and we have ourselves a proper era. Maybe one that lasts a month!!

AIW Era out-sold

Hopefully the SHOF induction won't be postponed again.

Originally posted by Sebastian View Post
    Isn't that what she always does?
    ​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by LambChild View Post
      Hmm to me putting Hip-Hop and R&B in the same genre category in 2021 is a reach. I’d like to see how much of that 247.5 million is actually R&B.
      I agree.

Originally posted by Xmas View Post

LMAO

The Caution one, I can't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

LMAO

The Caution one, I can't.
        The one with the curly hair... (bottom right) - this woman doesn't age!
        She looks exactly like she did in 1990.

Just wow.

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post

The one with the curly hair... (bottom right) - this woman doesn't age!
          She looks exactly like she did in 1990.

Just wow.
          She got that brow snatch back, it disappeared from ‘94-2017

Comment

• Mariah and Brandy is a dream come true

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
              Mariah and Brandy is a dream come true
              I'm curious to see what they came up with but my current thinking is a remake tbh
              See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Exactly.
                She's the Queen Of Billboard, they can't hate on her
                She holds like 75% of their records, LOL.

Plus:

This magazine was not mentioned not even once by their website or social media.

I honestly thought it was unofficial because of it.

Comment

• Y’all think every company or organization is boycotting her career. Not everything has a meaning behind it. This whole billboard discussion is such a reach. They have shown so much love to her throughout her whole career, but for some it’s still not enough.
                  Eudaimonia
                  Last.fm
                  Instagram

Comment

• I get the idea she is doing remakes of her own songs as duets. Imagine if Mariah & Brandy is The Roof…
                    To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• The Brady duet! I cannot wait! The vocal walls and harmonies that will give

Starting a prayer circle for her not to MIAMTEC the duet
                      Eudaimonia
                      Last.fm
                      Instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                        I get the idea she is doing remakes of her own songs as duets. Imagine if Mariah & Brandy is The Roof…
                        That’s the feeling I get too. A sort of ‘reinvention’ of her old catalogue live and in duets. I was also thinking about an unplugged type of situation, but butterfly unplugged!

Next to this she is also working on a new studio album, but the butterfly sessions seem to be a different thing to me. I think there’s a lot of new stuff waiting for us… feed me queen.
                        Eudaimonia
                        Last.fm
                        Instagram

Comment

• In recent times shes done a few remakes of her songs with other artists. Those that come to mind atm:

It's A Wrap with Mary J. Blige
                          Oh Santa! with Ariana Grande & Jennifer Hudson
                          When Christmas Comes with John Legend

So I guess it wouldnt be unprecedented if she does something like The Roof with Brandy.

Perhaps important context is that Butterfly turns 25 this year too. So this could be a way of putting focus on the album/song via "The Butterfly Lounge"

Comment

• Brandy tweeted "2:11"

IDK if she has done Babydoll. 2:11 was Whitney's death, she named an album 211 and we know Babydoll's lyrics

Comment

• ^ Im sure they connected over that. I could see behind the scenes moments of The Butterfly Lounge having the two of them discussing Whitney

She tweeted at exactly 2:11 LA Time btw.

Comment

• What if she’s on the MC16 lead single???
                                Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Omg Mariah and Brandy on Babydoll would be heavenly.. the only thing though, is that I ADORE Mariah’s runs on the original and don’t think she could do them now. However, an open mind is what is needed with any old songs she covers.. so I’d be over the moon with it either way haha
                                  To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Imagine if Daydream swept the Grammy in 1996 it could have extended its sales run in 1996 and sold above 15m in the US.
                                    Mariah Carey- The Queen of Queens And The Goddess of Goddesses

Comment

Omg Mariah and Brandy on Babydoll would be heavenly.. the only thing though, is that I ADORE Mariah’s runs on the original and don’t think she could do them now. However, an open mind is what is needed with any old songs she covers.. so I’d be over the moon with it either way haha
                                      I wonder what would be her approach to these old songs because so many think of them as untouchable?

Would she keep her original vocals or use alternate stems and just insert Brandy's new vocals??

Or just completely restructure and resing the songs a la WBT 2021?

Comment

• That’s the feeling I get too. A sort of ‘reinvention’ of her old catalogue live and in duets. I was also thinking about an unplugged type of situation, but butterfly unplugged
                                        Remember Andy Suggested this when she was on WWHL? Seems like she heeded the call.

She tweeted at exactly 2:11 LA Time btw
                                        FYI 2/11 is also Brandy's birthday

Comment

• Im not looking forward to a duets albums or re-recordings of her old songs, like at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by GlenMarley View Post
                                            Im not looking forward to a duets albums or re-recordings of her old songs, like at all.
                                            Shame. I’d prefer an album of new songs too but if she is in fact recreating old songs and providing you can see the creativity involved, hence totally new, fabulous arrangements and imaginative collaborations that are totally unexpected but high profile, I’d be very here for it.

Comment

Shame. I’d prefer an album of new songs too but if she is in fact recreating old songs and providing you can see the creativity involved, hence totally new, fabulous arrangements and imaginative collaborations that are totally unexpected but high profile, I’d be very here for it.

Plot twist:

Save The Day (2022 Mix) ft. Brandy

#Pow

Comment

Im not looking forward to a duets albums or re-recordings of her old songs, like at all.
                                                When Mariah is excited about something most likely that means something else in Mariah’s world. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post

When Mariah is excited about something most likely that means something else in Mariah’s world. Lol
                                                  Like what?

Comment

Me neither tbh. But since Butterfly turns 25 it all makes sense and I think we will have a real album this year as well. Hopefully!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X