No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All I was is some great casual looks to keep focus on her musicianship, unedited vocals, imaginative recreations, good promo and an all round natural Mariah.. this could genuinely be something really special. It sounds so raw <3

I get it’s speculation at this point lol.. but what I’m imagining is really cool haha
    To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• After Merry Christmas, Butterfly is perhaps next in the timeline of albums in terms of cultural importance.

Merry Christmas' 25th Anniversary saw a Deluxe Anniversary edition which had a physical 2-CD collection which also featured St. John The Divine (new video clips for those as well). She also released limited edition items for AIWFCIY and merch.

Butterfly's 25th Anniversary may see a similar strategy if Sony Legacy is involved.

Butterfly's anniversary being in September would give her time to release other new music earlier in the year as well if it is ready or make the choice to wait til 2023, though I suspect she may independently release new music without much label support from Sony.
      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• I think Brandy will be on the gospel project, she seems religious like Mariah.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYJvmCEL...ource=ig_embed

Comment

• Mariah said it’s not necessarily gospel, it’s just going to have an inspirational feel probably because a lot of the instruments are real ones

The two tracks she referenced were MIH and AYNAF

I hope there are some dance or disco tracks, maybe Roger Niles came or could come through

MIH is disco
          Last edited by allygdale; Fri January 7, 2022, 17:15.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post

Shame. I’d prefer an album of new songs too but if she is in fact recreating old songs and providing you can see the creativity involved, hence totally new, fabulous arrangements and imaginative collaborations that are totally unexpected but high profile, I’d be very here for it.
            If its something in the vein of WBT (Valentines Mix), id get a tad more excited.

BTW, now that MC30 is practically over, Im so upset that her revisiting her whole catalogue and celebrating her career totally stole the thunder from the debuts anniversary. I dont know how much I preffer having The Rarities rather than a whole separate anniversay release for each album with unreleased stuff, remixes, demos, live versions and alternative takes of songs.

All this comes from a place of this year Butterfly having its 25th anniversary and Emotions its 30th, but when are we going to have a chance to celebrate the Debut (and get it to Diamond status)????

Comment

• Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I really wish we were getting a traditional album. I loved the direction she was going with Caution and I would wanna see more of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by GlenMarley View Post

If its something in the vein of WBT (Valentines Mix), id get a tad more excited.

BTW, now that MC30 is practically over, Im so upset that her revisiting her whole catalogue and celebrating her career totally stole the thunder from the debuts anniversary. I dont know how much I preffer having The Rarities rather than a whole separate anniversay release for each album with unreleased stuff, remixes, demos, live versions and alternative takes of songs.

All this comes from a place of this year Butterfly having its 25th anniversary and Emotions its 30th, but when are we going to have a chance to celebrate the Debut (and get it to Diamond status)????
                I believe she said MC30 it’s not over just yet but it’s paused because of legal rights and clearance of some things

Comment

• Originally posted by jr588 View Post
                  Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I really wish we were getting a traditional album. I loved the direction she was going with Caution and I would wanna see more of that.
                  why not do a double album... side 1 = normal studio version, side 2 = extended mixes. I would appreciate that.
                  My Chart

Comment

All I was is some great casual looks to keep focus on her musicianship, unedited vocals, imaginative recreations, good promo and an all round natural Mariah.. this could genuinely be something really special. It sounds so raw <3

I get it’s speculation at this point lol.. but what I’m imagining is really cool haha
                    “unedited” vocals, a recipe for disaster

Pitching ain’t necessary but the mixes need to sound better than WBT Late Night and CME 2020, vocals should sound like TEOM and Caution with reverb delay compression and all the things that make songs sound finished rather than demo cuts

Comment

• Alicia keys just released a double album with originals with more stripped back organic sound and another version unlocked with more produced embellish versions of the songs

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                        Alicia keys just released a double album with originals with more stripped back organic sound and another version unlocked with more produced embellish versions of the songs
                        That album could have been so much better. I love some songs there but others are not it. I would love Mariah to do something like “Nat King Cole” (the song on alicia’s album)

Comment

I get the idea she is doing remakes of her own songs as duets. Imagine if Mariah & Brandy is The Roof…
                          It could be for The Roof.
                          I mean, Brandy was the first artist confirmed and The Roof was the first song MC mentioned, right?

Plus the track it's all about the BG vocals and MC knows each layer on it!

Brandy said that Mariah was coaching her in the booth, I need to see that process!

Comment

• Originally posted by GlenMarley View Post

The reality is that the debut album simply doesnt have the same cultural relevancy as other albums - which is fine when you think of just how many of her albums does.

MC30 had good debut era content - especially with The Live Debut EP which made it to some subsidiary Billboard charts. Keep in mind too that the debut anniversary came at a time of huge racial discussions globally which I think MC made the right call about delaying celebrations.

Anyways, the album is too far from Diamond at the moment so it will take ages to get there without including club sales.
                            See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by Michiel View Post
                              The Brady duet! I cannot wait! The vocal walls and harmonies that will give

Starting a prayer circle for her not to MIAMTEC the duet
                              I know it's gonna sound like heaven - if she doesn't add any effect on their vocals.

These bishes have two of the most gorgeous and unique tones in the industry, if she dares to wash away that beauty

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

It could be for The Roof.
                                I mean, Brandy was the first artist confirmed and The Roof was the first song MC mentioned, right?

Plus the track it's all about the BG vocals and MC knows each layer on it!

Brandy said that Mariah was coaching her in the booth, I need to see that process!
                                I hope Mariah reminded her and Dionne Warwick that she is a singer since Dionne claimed she didn't know she sang or whatever.
                                My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Michiel View Post
                                  That’s the feeling I get too. A sort of ‘reinvention’ of her old catalogue live and in duets. I was also thinking about an unplugged type of situation, but butterfly unplugged!

Next to this she is also working on a new studio album, but the butterfly sessions seem to be a different thing to me. I think there’s a lot of new stuff waiting for us… feed me queen.
                                  Also remember she mentioned a collabo with The Clark Sisters ().

I think some things belong to different projects.

Anyway, I'm excited!

Comment

• I wonder is she’ll keep the name of the next album simple like The Butterfly Lounge Vol. 1.
                                    Either way, I’m excited for it!

Remember, she said she liked Caution but said the recording process felt so rushed. Seems like she would have been more content with Caution if she had more time to work on the songs. We know what a perfectionist she is in the studio.
                                    http://marcokircher.com
                                    http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                                    https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                                    IG: marco235

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                      I hope Mariah reminded her and Dionne Warwick that she is a singer since Dionne claimed she didn't know she sang or whatever.
                                      LMAO, that was the first thing that came to my mind when we knew about the Brandy duet.
                                      Maybe this way she knows Mariah a bit more #mess!!! (shout-out to SINS, wherever she is! we love u, gurl!).

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                        In recent times shes done a few remakes of her songs with other artists. Those that come to mind atm:

It's A Wrap with Mary J. Blige
                                        When Christmas Comes with John Legend
                                        Copy and paste mess.

The originals >>>

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                          I wonder what would be her approach to these old songs because so many think of them as untouchable?

Would she keep her original vocals or use alternate stems and just insert Brandy's new vocals??

Or just completely restructure and resing the songs a la WBT 2021?
                                          Well, I'm expecting new vocals.
                                          She talked about re-imagining the songs and all the creative process.
                                          Using old vocals just don't make sense with the essence/spirit of TBL.
                                          I think WBT Late Night Mix is an indicator of the direction she's going for.

We've even seen they were recording stuff in the same room she "performed" the WBT Mix.

Comment

All I was is some great casual looks to keep focus on her musicianship, unedited vocals, imaginative recreations, good promo and an all round natural Mariah.. this could genuinely be something really special. It sounds so raw <3

Vocals on the audible were raw.
                                            I'd be happy with something like that (in terms on non-edited).

I mean...

She was serving tone on there.

Comment

• Ugh, I feel like we're years away from new music.
                                              Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                                              www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by jr588 View Post
                                                Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I really wish we were getting a traditional album. I loved the direction she was going with Caution and I would wanna see more of that.
                                                Based on what she's been saying in the past 200 interviews, we're not getting a traditional album, at least no this year IMO.

I'm glad she's working out of her comfort zone and givings us something new (as a whole concept) after 32 years in the industry.

We're a really lucky fanbase.

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                                  “unedited” vocals, a recipe for disaster

Pitching ain’t necessary but the mixes need to sound better than WBT Late Night and CME 2020, vocals should sound like TEOM and Caution with reverb delay compression and all the things that make songs sound finished rather than demo cuts
                                                  Unedited vocals = no weird effects to make her voice girlier and thinner (I think that was what the user meant).

Of course the mixing has to be top notch, as it was on Caution. So polished, loved it.

Btw, u can't compare WBT (MLNM) with the horrible mess that was CME 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashiado View Post
                                                    I wonder is she’ll keep the name of the next album simple like The Butterfly Lounge Vol. 1.
                                                    Either way, I’m excited for it!

Remember, she said she liked Caution but said the recording process felt so rushed. Seems like she would have been more content with Caution if she had more time to work on the songs. We know what a perfectionist she is in the studio.
                                                    The Butterfly Lounge Vol. 1 sounds great as a title!

I'm glad Caution was "rushed" (for her).
                                                    If she had more time probably we would have had another MIAM-esque vocal album
                                                    Caution was flawless. A 10/10 studio work.
                                                    Cohesive body of work, she sounded like herself, it flows amazingly, the production was ace, great lyrics, restrained vocals (which I love), some interesting sounds.
                                                    That's all that I want and I expect from her.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X