Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sebastian View Post
    Ugh, I feel like we're years away from new music.
    Truth is, we've gotten new music basically every year since she came to the scene.
    Not everybody does that, especially when u debuted in 1990.
    I'm happy that she's still making music and that she still feels that passion about it.

And we know when she confirms something with a name on it, then it's not that far away.

Comment

• Me dreaming:

- Easter: release of a gospel EP (feat. the Clark Sisters)

- Summer: new album

- September: Butterfly revisited (new recorded versions in the vein of We Belong Together Valentine's Mix)

- Christmas: new special with some new Christmas songs (incl. Where Are You Christmas)

If only half of this dream comes true, I'm happy.
      UKMIX Favourite Members 2021: RayRay being the first member to appear on 20 different voting lists!

Comment

• The quality!

Mariah Carey - Vision of Love (4K Live, Shining Through The Rain)

1:37 I don't understand how she went from HV to CV like that... it was the only time she did something like that LOL. Super interesting.

Comment

• Y'all better manage your expectations, gurls.

Comment

• I love how her boobs were O.O.C during the after-party - yet she kept it classy for the ceremony

They look hot together tbh (I'm team Bryan, but I mean just in that pic, LOL).

Comment

• Originally posted by ChristmasJedi View Post

That album could have been so much better. I love some songs there but others are not it. I would love Mariah to do something like “Nat King Cole” (the song on alicia’s album)
              I agree! btw that Alicia song is one of the highlights for me
              #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• if I had the chance to say 1 thing to mariah like on the twitter lounge or whatever the first thing I'd say is "stop using that weird effects on your voice in the studio and ruining all the natural beauty and tone you have". I wish someone could say it to her cause it'd be a big loss for her next project if everything sounds like that

Comment

• shining through the rain. I really need something like this from her again. what a moment.
                  My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                    shining through the rain. I really need something like this from her again. what a moment.
                    Yeah, it was amazing!

A mini-concert like that, surrounded by fans, where she feels comfortable, being able to do multiple takes if she feels it.

I'd love it!

Comment

• did y'all see maz on top of the pops tonight?
                      what's going on?

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                        if I had the chance to say 1 thing to mariah like on the twitter lounge or whatever the first thing I'd say is "stop using that weird effects on your voice in the studio and ruining all the natural beauty and tone you have". I wish someone could say it to her cause it'd be a big loss for her next project if everything sounds like that
                        This would be the height of disrespect.

Hopefully this chance would be given to someone more polite.
                        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

I dont care lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Agree with you bm08 it's not the place to do that

Comment

• My set list for a 2nd "Shining Through The Rain Concert"

1. Vision of Love
                              2. It's a Wrap
                              3. Caution
                              4. My All
                              5. Mesmerized
                              6. Make It Happen
                              7. Lead The Way
                              8. We Belong Together
                              My Chart

Comment

My set list for a 2nd "Shining Through The Rain Concert"

1. Vision of Love
                                2. It's a Wrap
                                3. Caution
                                4. My All
                                5. Mesmerized
                                6. Make It Happen
                                7. Lead The Way
                                8. We Belong Together
                                Great choices. I would love this to happen!!!

A more intimate/spiritual type of set list:

1. Can't Take That Away
                                2. I Wish You Well
                                3. My Saving Grace
                                4. Flay Like a Bird
                                5. Everything Fades Away
                                6. Vanishing
                                7. Outside
                                8. Looking In
                                9. Hero
                                #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

I dont care lol
                                  What a surprise.

Comment

• Originally posted by naughtynae View Post

What a surprise.
                                    yes I'm the worst human being piece of shh . thank u

Comment

yes I'm the worst human being piece of shh . thank u
                                      Well, I personally understand where you're coming from. That mastering/editing isn't flattering for her voice and I don't know why it was used unless they're wanting it to have a distinct sound from her usual studio recordings and want people to appreciate a "return of the voice" on her next project (assuming and hoping it's not going to be edited/filtered/mastered in that same way)

You and I are not the only ones who aren't crazy about that choice in her vocals or how they're presented in the final product in those instances, but how exactly does one convey that to her or her team without sounding rude, demanding, or just ridiculous and unappreciative?

For me, it's bothersome because the more impromptu moments always sound AMAZING in comparison and I want that to be the standard or what the general public hears. It'd hush a great deal of the "she doesn't have it anymore" nonsense that I see and hear so much of - because that's NOT the case.

I look forward to whatever she's going to deliver because I do believe she's in a better place vocally. And I'm ready.

Comment

• 1. The Roof
                                        2. Melt Away
                                        3. Slipping Away
                                        4. Underneath The Stars
                                        5. Circles
                                        6. Alone In Love
                                        7. Last Kiss
                                        8. 8th Grade

i’d DIE.

Comment

My set list for a 2nd "Shining Through The Rain Concert"
                                          1. Vision Of Love
                                          2. Can't Let Go/Love Takes Time Medley
                                          * Everything Fades Away (acapella impromptu)
                                          3. Looking In
                                          4. The Roof (short version with the BG vocalists)
                                          5. TGIFY acoustic/Make It Last Remix
                                          6. I Only Wanted (short version, tho I'd love a mash-up with My All)
                                          * FLAB (acapella impromptu, like Insta 2020)
                                          7. It's Like That
                                          8. Side Effects
                                          9. Obsessed (SSFT arrangement, short version)
                                          * Dedicated (acapella impromptu)
                                          10. Caution
                                          * Giving Me Life (acapella impromptu)
                                          11. We Belong Together (Late Night Mix arrangement, alternate climax, or avoid the whole climax and end at C5 belt like @ BB Music Awards '19)
                                          12. Hero (version with whistle at the end la CB Tour) + Butterfly Outro

She needs to start doing adjustments to her songs.
                                          Low the key, avoid high climaxes or change them, alternate arrangements.

And I'd love a cover of a hit by other artist, but a current one. Something unexpected, like Rihanna's Diamonds for example. Or Sia's Chandelier. Also could be a male song.

Btw, I'm thinking on this as a "lambily" show.
                                          Last edited by Shaka; Sat January 8, 2022, 05:53.

Comment

• Poor thing, she was so tired on the Paris concert.
                                            She still slayed.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Tomer_MC View Post

Great choices. I would love this to happen!!!

A more intimate/spiritual type of set list:

1. Can't Take That Away
                                                2. I Wish You Well
                                                3. My Saving Grace
                                                4. Flay Like a Bird
                                                5. Everything Fades Away
                                                6. Vanishing
                                                7. Outside
                                                8. Looking In
                                                9. Hero
                                                All these in one sitting?? Add AYNAF and she dies.
                                                I can't even know what to say...

Comment

• The Annual UKMIX Favourite Members Votes are due soon. Voting details here:
                                                  https://www.ukmix.org/forum/ukmix/fr...n#post10799111
                                                  See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Spinning the Emotions album. It deserved so much more than Music Box tbh

Comment

Working...
                                                    X