No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of the blue I heard A No No on our small local radio station today. Totally unexpected. It sounded great.

Comment

• Skydiving ...

Okay. That's all I got.

Comment

• So what is everyone’s ranking of Mariah’s cover songs? Options Are (in chronological order):

Don’t Play That Song For Me (Live)
        I’ll Be There (Live)
        Without You
        Endless Love (with Luther)
        Open Arms
        Just Be Good To Me (Live)
        The Beautiful Ones (with Dru Hill)
        Sweetheart (with JD)
        I Still Believe
        Do You Know Where You’re Going To?
        Against All Odds
        Out Here On My Own
        Didn’t Mean To Turn You On
        Last Night A DJ Saved My Life
        Bringin’ On The Heartbreak
        Help Me Make It Through The Night
        I Want To Know What Love Is
        One More Try
        Lullaby of Birdland (Live)

I think I got everything other than Xmas. I’ll post my rankings in a little bit...

Comment

• Originally posted by MeltAway View Post
          Love that song! I think Forever could have hit #1 (or Top 3 at least) had the single been released when airplay was peaking at #9. It was common in the mid-late 90's to serve singles to radio but not stores to push album sales. Forever served that purpose promoting Daydream following its three massive #1's (Fantasy, OSD, and ABMB), but if their huge sales were any indication, Forever would have smashed on the Sales charts and would have debuted high on the Hot 100, if not at #1. It was released a full 14 months before Honey. There was time. I think it was a missed opportunity for another #1...
          Yeah, I agree.

It did so well on radio that I don't understand why they didn't push it as a single making available for chart on the Hot100, where, as you said, it would have debuted very high.

She has had so many potential #1 hits...

The song is amazing, one of her finest ballads

Comment

• Originally posted by MeltAway View Post
            Out of the blue I heard A No No on our small local radio station today. Totally unexpected. It sounded great.
            Yasss, massive BOP!

I've also heard the song randomly in my country as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

99% of the people that have worked for her have said lovely things. Hope she's in that 99% LOL.

What was her job? What she did for her?

Not sure what her job was. She seemed to be a friend of one of the main people on the show.

its at 1:32

https://youtu.be/h_R-MshoWe0

Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• Originally posted by jr588 View Post
                So what is everyone’s ranking of Mariah’s cover songs? Options Are (in chronological order):
                Not going to post a full ranking, but my Top 5:

- The Beautiful Ones
                - Bringin' On The Heartbreak
                - Out Here On My Own
                - Last Night A DJ Saved My Life
                - Help Me Make It Through The Night

Comment

Yeah, I agree.

It did so well on radio that I don't understand why they didn't push it as a single making available for chart on the Hot100, where, as you said, it would have debuted very high.

She has had so many potential #1 hits...

The song is amazing, one of her finest ballads
                  Well Mariah was in Japan when it got released to radio and she probably didnt want to have to promote the song in the US when she got back. They probably had a break pencilled in before the next part of the tour.
                  Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                  Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by itsawrap View Post
                    Not sure what her job was. She seemed to be a friend of one of the main people on the show.

its at 1:32

https://youtu.be/h_R-MshoWe0
                    Thanx!

Lookin' at the comments seems like Mariah was a character from the show.

Well, that's what I got.

Comment

Not going to post a full ranking, but my Top 5:

- The Beautiful Ones
                      - Bringin' On The Heartbreak
                      - Out Here On My Own
                      - Last Night A DJ Saved My Life
                      - Help Me Make It Through The Night
                      - I’ll be There
                      - Christmas (BPCH)
                      - IDMTYO
                      - With you I’m born again (I need a studio version)
                      - Beautiful Ones

Comment

Thanx!

Lookin' at the comments seems like Mariah was a character from the show.

Well, that's what I got.

There was a woman on the show named Mariah that got fired or something so everyone is mad in the comments but the lady is talking about Mariah Carey.
                        Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• Fantasy has been so consistent! It's great to see it in the top 200 overall and top 10!!!! on iTunes R&B.
                          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by itsawrap View Post
                            There was a woman on the show named Mariah that got fired or something so everyone is mad in the comments but the lady is talking about Mariah Carey.
                            Ok.
                            The show looks like a hot mess

---

Fantasy inside US iTunes Top 150 at #144.
                            It have been steady and climbing.
                            Amazing how TikTok have "resurrected" so many old songs (not the case with Fantasy yet 'cause it didn't have that much of impact but it did with Obsessed).

Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post

- I’ll be There
                            - Christmas (BPCH)
                            - IDMTYO
                            - With you I’m born again (I need a studio version)
                            - Beautiful Ones
                            I think it was excluding the Xmas ones and also the live performances that aren't on albums or DVD.

Otherwhise, O Holy Night, You & I and With You I'm Born Again would've been on my list definitely.
                            And also her SOTR/IYOK Medley <3

Comment

• Her upper belt register during DD Era

The Eb5-G5 area won't ever be touched by anyone.
                              Her voice just exploded at F#5, that was her money note between '95-'96.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka

I think it was excluding the Xmas ones and also the live performances that aren't on albums or DVD.

Otherwhise, O Holy Night, You & I and With You I'm Born Again would've been on my list definitely.
                                And also her SOTR/IYOK Medley <3
                                I bent the rules because I’m bad ass!

I didn’t read them properly... my bad.

Comment

Her upper belt register during DD Era

The Eb5-G5 area won't ever be touched by anyone.
                                  Her voice just exploded at F#5, that was her money note between '95-'96.

The fluidity and tone. Nobody could replicate that caramel, buttery tone up in the F’s/G’s... nobody ever!

she was one of the only artists with consistent volume during this era and beyond. she doesn’t need to sing louder to reach the notes of that makes sense.
                                  Last edited by WaitYourTurn; Thu March 11, 2021, 16:53.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                                    The fluidity and tone. Nobody could replicate that caramel, buttery tone up in the F’s/G’s... nobody ever!

she was one of the only artists with consistent volume during this era and beyond. she doesn’t need to sing louder to reach the notes of that makes sense.
                                    Yeah, her control, tonal quality and resonance were off the charts.

You can notice how powerful actually her voice really was in the undubbed clips.

In the dubbed (DVD) the sound is way too polished and her voice sounds a bit lighter, but here she sounded like an unstoppable beast:

The sheer power combined with that flexibility, damn.

I always say this, but I've never heard such solid column of a voice with that level of agility in non-classical music (I'm talking about this period in particular btw).

That musicianship >>>

Mariah Carey creating ALTERNATIVE CLIMAXES to her songs! (Live)

Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                                    I bent the rules because I’m bad ass!

I didn’t read them properly... my bad.
                                    Haha, never follow the rules and play by your own ones.

That's what Mimi taught us after all

I love a bad ass b!tch

Comment

• Gorgeous.

Comment

• Comment

Gorgeous.

urgh... the sheer beauty of it.

braidriah was my fav back in the day. I used to sit and wait so patiently for TGIFY Remix to come on MTV Base

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                            Y’all ever play those Mariah piano covers on Apple or Spotify out of curiosity and get blown away by the lead vocal melodies?

A version of “We Belong Together” by The Chillest just started playing on my Apple Music and I cannot get over how good the vocal melody is

JD always credited ABMB to Mariah, but like the melody on that song is just as good as the lyrics, same with WBT
                                            I always felt that MC not only writes most of the lyrics by herself, she also thinks of most of the melodies. It's just she doesn't play an instrument and need a co-writer to write the music.
                                            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Again this Twitter account with no source at all

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Well Mariah was in Japan when it got released to radio and she probably didnt want to have to promote the song in the US when she got back. They probably had a break pencilled in before the next part of the tour.
                                                Don't feel it was about that. Mariah always talks about songs like she wished they had been released. It's probably more a label decision (wanting to sell more albums).
                                                My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

Again this Twitter account with no source at all
                                                  Apple in fact reported this on International Women’s Day a few years ago. I’m not sure it’s accuracy today but was a true fact.
                                                  funny how one can learn
                                                  to grow numb to the madness
                                                  and block it away

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                                                    urgh... the sheer beauty of it.

braidriah was my fav back in the day. I used to sit and wait so patiently for TGIFY Remix to come on MTV Base
                                                    That look was a serve

Comment

Working...
                                                    X