No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we please for a moment talk about how overlooked the Unforgettable remix (with Mariah) is. I can't.
    My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Wow, I thought everyone loved ABMB - since even non-fans go crazy and sing-along whenever the song is played!
      Mariah was very popular at the time here. Vision Of Love, Emotions, I'll Be There, Dreamlover, Hero, Without You, Anytime You Need A Friend, Endless Love, All I Want For Christmas Is You, Fantasy, One Sweet Day... all Top 10 hits here. My favorite Daydream song at the time was Always Be My Baby and I was so thrilled when it was released as a single and I was sooo confident it would be another Top 10 hit here, but... it only reached #30.
      Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
        Can we please for a moment talk about how overlooked the Unforgettable remix (with Mariah) is. I can't.
        I love it. Thought her version would be the next big hit.
        Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• Some older act scored hits recently as a feature artist like Billy Ray Cyrus and the most recent Elton John. I hope mariah can score one as well.
          Mariah Carey- The Queen of Queens And The Goddess of Goddesses

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Mariah should do more tropical / trap songs. She sounds so good on them.
            My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by MimiCici View Post
              Some older act scored hits recently as a feature artist like Billy Ray Cyrus and the most recent Elton John. I hope mariah can score one as well.
              But with whom? We need a great co-act and even more important great music, preferably something unexpected.
              My Chart

Comment

• I still cannot believe that she wasn't given any co-credit on Emotionless. The first 40 seconds in ONLY her... and then she is heard throughout the song.
                My Chart

Comment

I still cannot believe that she wasn't given any co-credit on Emotionless. The first 40 seconds in ONLY her... and then she is heard throughout the song.
                  THIS! I downloaded the song and put it as “Drake Feat. Mariah Carey” on my phone because it’s really what it is! Maybe there are some obscure rules that vocals need to be new to be credited ?

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Same, but I feel like the issue was they released it too long after the song became a hit? Either way, the acoustic version stays in rotation!

Can we talk about how she snagged Justin B for a random Infinity throwaway remix, like?! If they worked together now, it would be a hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by RicanMC19 View Post

Same, but I feel like the issue was they released it too long after the song became a hit?
                      I don’t think so. Mariah had to include Ms Lauryn Hill on Save The Day for a sample.

Comment

Omg, finally someone else who agrees that Zurich performance is top notch!! From the first time I saw it on youtube ages ago, I was in love. There is just something magical in that performance. It might just be my bias for Charmbracelet showing.
                        The Zurich performance is amazing. PrimeRiah at its best.

I think her voice was even better on Costa Mesa date, but I rank them as equally superb.

Btw, I think the BET '05 performance is overrated - I know, unpopular opinion.

90% of the performances from CBWT demolished the '05 dubbed rendition

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                          ABMB is perhaps one of her most timeless records. The lyrics, productions, vocals, everything about it is incredible
                          I know.
                          It still could be a mega hit today.

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                          amazing.

I love how Emotions, despite being such a small album, has become a Fan favourite and staple. That tiny tiny tiny little album... which was completely and utterfly overshadowed by her debut... is one of the greatest collections of songs ever released by anyone... It also earned her a Grammy nomination for producer of the year (unheard of for a woman). (Janet also got that nomination at one point in her career tho).

The ballads on Emotions are regal and ethereal. Till the end of time might just be... one of the greatest most unknown songs ever made by anyone. It's wrist slitting haunting. The production on the song is EVERYTHING. Her delivery, her vocals... it's out of this world, alien to earth and human kind... just... above everything. And to close it with the wind is just... so pure, I can't.

A few years ago... one British lamb was murdered...(I believe it was a shooting or terror attack... maybe even the Ari concert attack or sth) and his friends or so held a memorial for him and one of his friends (I believe) sang Till the end of time... and I completely lost myself in that... the most fitting song for such a beautiful young soul to send him off to heaven. I can't.
                          Yesss, say it louder for the people in the back!!!

Emotions (album) is a fvcking masterpiece.

10 SUPERB songs with UNHUMAN vocals. She really went off on there.
                          And she was only 21 (or 22, or 12, u choose).

Comment

• ^ Wow. Her CB tone is so pleasing to the ear. I think because Emancipation ended up being so successful and it was seen as less whispery that her tone during CB never got full recognition. And let’s not forget her amazing Make It Happen from that era in the shopping mall!

Comment

• Originally posted by Juancito75 View Post
                              Exactly, I remember being an apprentice in 1995 and my tutor/boss and I interestingly kind of bonded through music, We always listened a radio show and DJ was showcasing the album the whole week, he immediately fell in love with ABMB but I found it repetitive and corny, I particularly hated the catchy and universally loved "do do doop" intro (I still do, lol). My favorites when I first heard the whole thing were Forever and When I Saw You, both were the most beautiful and magical tracks Ive heard at that point (as I said before there are tastes for everyone, how I found ABMB corny but loved those tracks can be perceived as shocking or impossible to some). I kind of liked Long Ago as well as the music sounded misterious but captivating at the same time. Currently, Fantasy, Looking In and Daydream Interlude are my favs from Daydream.
                              ​​​​​
                              ABMB corny but WISY not?
                              Btw, I love When I Saw You (but most lambs think she was boring while singing it, maybe 'cause it was to easy for her ), but IMO is a gorgeous ballad that I revisit and listen quite often.
                              Looking In is my favorite from the album tho

Originally posted by Michiel View Post
                              I never got why ABMB was such a hit, I find it a really average track in her discography. I have the same feeling about Dreamlover.

Like they said in my country, "sobre gustos y colores no han escrito los autores".

Still shocking to think of ABMB or Dreamlover as average.
                              Those two are some of the most "Mariah" songs EVER.

Originally posted by LambChild View Post
                              For me, while ABMB doesn’t rank as her #1, I have no problem saying it’s probably the most Mariah Carey song to exist.

It’s the perfect balance of pop and r&b and the perfect balance of bop and ballad. It has all the makings of being signature Mariah Carey—insanely melodic, incredible background vocals, awesome key change. Pretty simple message and story being told but with lyrical wit only Mariah can do with the many syllables in each line. Only thing probably maybe missing would be whistles. It’s also so easy to sing along to and even with its 90 sound still sounds fresh to me.

ALL OF THIS.

I'm glad there's no whistles in the song tbh.
                              They were not needed at all.

Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                              ABMB’s intro makes me melt every time

I can’t fathom not being totally captivated by it!
                              Same, girl.
                              It sounds magical.

Comment

Can we please for a moment talk about how overlooked the Unforgettable remix (with Mariah) is. I can't.
                                It’s actually her #2 Top Song on Apple Music

Comment

I love it so much.
                                  It's a shame she wasn't asked for being in the original. She could've had another big hit.
                                  MC added a lot IMO. Her singing along with Swae Lee sounds super dope.

On of the few good things that '17 gave us.

Comment

• ABMB original is a bit overrated imo..... The Mr Dupri mix on the other hand is so legendary even Da Brat couldn't ruin it. I was getting emotional when she did it live on tour. My favourite moment from any show I've ever been too

Comment

Mariah should do more tropical / trap songs. She sounds so good on them.
                                      Yes, I agree.
                                      She sounds in her element.
                                      We love a versatile Queen that can give u all and more.

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                      But with whom? We need a great co-act and even more important great music, preferably something unexpected.
                                      Tbh, I'd love a collabo with Rihanna - whenever her album is coming.

Of course after her big ass hiatus and all the hype is going to debut at Hot 100 with +1000 points with her first single, LOL.

But a song with her, with a tropical/reggae-ish vibe la Man Down (but better), I can totally see it.
                                      Give us that Caribbean-esque bop.

They could also go with the R&B route, something like Needed Me, but with more punch.

There's potential in that collabo, quality-wise.

Comment

I still cannot believe that she wasn't given any co-credit on Emotionless. The first 40 seconds in ONLY her... and then she is heard throughout the song.
                                        I know.
                                        We've talked about this hundred of times already, but I don't understand why she wasn't credited.
                                        Not only the Intro is ALL HER but her voice runs throughout the whole track - I mean, even the name of the song!

Originally posted by Xmas View Post
                                        THIS! I downloaded the song and put it as “Drake Feat. Mariah Carey” on my phone because it’s really what it is! Maybe there are some obscure rules that vocals need to be new to be credited ?
                                        Not really.
                                        Just Billboard being super arbitrary with their rules.
                                        They do whatever they want tbh.

But anyway, Drake himself should've credited Mariah on the track as a feature IMO.

Comment

Can we talk about how she snagged Justin B for a random Infinity throwaway remix, like?! If they worked together now, it would be a hit.
                                          Ugh, I know.
                                          Btw, Justin sounded better than Mariah on that Infinity mess of a Remix. I mean, I didn't know she sang, I thought she rapped or whatever.

But seriously, MC should've been on a track from Purpose (Justin's best album, he DID DAT!)
                                          Imagine a proper duet for "Love Yourself".

I remember Mimi promoting "What Do You Mean?"

He still does great songs. I'd still love a collabo.

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfeagle View Post
                                            ^ Wow. Her CB tone is so pleasing to the ear. I think because Emancipation ended up being so successful and it was seen as less whispery that her tone during CB never got full recognition. And let’s not forget her amazing Make It Happen from that era in the shopping mall!
                                            All the performances from the Shopping Mall were amazing.
                                            She should have nailed VOL!

Her TV/Awards performances were great during that Era.
                                            She absolutely killed TTR and MSG at Oprah Show and also both TTR at AMA's '03 and MSG at Soul Train '03 received a standing o.

Her interviews were all amazing as well, she acted mature, down to earth, focused on the music.

CB - as a whole - was a return to form and paved the way for TEOM success.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaloki View Post
                                              ABMB original is a bit overrated imo..... The Mr Dupri mix on the other hand is so legendary even Da Brat couldn't ruin it. I was getting emotional when she did it live on tour. My favourite moment from any show I've ever been too
                                              I don't think the OG is overrated as most of lambs are saying it's not their favorite neither charted higher on the countdown that Leo did last year.
                                              BUT is a crowd pleaser, people gets crazy whenever the song is played, they sing-along, they know every word, they bop to it, they love it.
                                              Don't know why, but it just clicks, like a magical thing.
                                              Personally, it makes me happy!

Now, in terms of quality and musicianship, the Dupri Mix is far superior, but it lacks that "thing" that the OG has, that screams "that's an instant classic".

The thing is, it sounds timeless.

Comment

• Ok, this is kinda a bop!

Mariah Carey - Thirsty (LH Reggae Mix)

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Don't know why, but it just clicks, like a magical thing.
                                                  Personally, it makes me happy!

I agree! It feels like you’re travelling back in time. Reminiscing good old days with your friends and your sweet puppy love!
                                                  [center:rpzxrggj]"I really hope when you hear this song. That you know it was meant for you."[/center:rpzxrggj]

Comment

• Originally posted by claywire View Post
                                                    I agree! It feels like you’re travelling back in time. Reminiscing good old days with your friends and your sweet puppy love!
                                                    Exactly!
                                                    It's like very chill, nostalgic yet modern and timeless.
                                                    One of those songs that don't age at all and just makes u feel all type of emotions!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X