• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Dreamlover is untouchable tho
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nag7BviYss

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

I have no clue how this progress works tbh but I can just imagine there is no incentive for her former label to do this especially if it requires time for someone to put together.
      that just might be the case
      does def jam earn any money from streaming her def jam catalogue, or it all goes to mariah now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaloki View Post
        This Dreamlover is untouchable tho
        Although I love this, I actually love the One Night Juicy Remix even more. I think it fits better than Dreamlover.

N I kinda agree re Dreamlover..I hated it from release until about 2017, then suddenly realised how genius it is!

Comment

• Originally posted by Watlingstreet View Post

Although I love this, I actually love the One Night Juicy Remix even more. I think it fits better than Dreamlover.

N I kinda agree re Dreamlover..I hated it from release until about 2017, then suddenly realised how genius it is!
          Dreamlover is one of those songs that I love the remixes even more than the original. This and Fantasy are my favorite club mixes.

Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
          Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
          Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

Comment

• Originally posted by GlenMarley View Post
            Yes, but prior to this coming out, there was a tweet from someone from the audience stating that she wasnt as flattering with the whole issue and that must have been cutted out.
            Well, we don't know if that was true.
            But definitely she wasn't happy with the final output, LOL, u can tell but the tone and of course her last sentence.
            She was expecting the use of the Intro only I guess.

Originally posted by GlenMarley View Post
            BTW, when is Mariah going to sue the crap out of Latto for "Big Enery"?
            Ugh, I know.
            The song is #1 on Mediabase rhythmic radio chart and climbing on Billboard Hot100 (#42 +20, a big jump).

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
              What a setlist ❤ this was the last concert in 2020 and for me she sounded good

She sounded ok IMO, I mean yeah good, but she got raspier as the dates progressed.

The first two shows were actually great.

Feb 14th & Feb 15th.

She nailed VOL (she did it only once - on the 14th)

And also this Emotions Intro slays! (same date)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imopink1 View Post
                One Night has really grown on me. ❤️
                Amazing song.
                The Rarities was THAT bitch.
                One of my favorite projects by her.

Originally posted by LambChild View Post
                I was shocked when people didn’t all love One Night when the rarities dropped. It’s still one of my top songs from that project. I suppose it’s only for superior minds.
                I love all the "new" AKA old songs from The Rarities.
                Of course I pretend CME 2020 version doesn't exist.
                Save The Day is just meh but I can listen to it.

Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                [USER="10925"]& One Night is definitely one of the best from The Rarities. JD & MC did no wrong during the Daydream era
                Yasss!!!

Originally posted by LambChild View Post
                I almost typed they did no wrong before 2008 but then I remembered How Much exists

How Much has grown on me.
                I understand it was super rushed and she wanted to record that ish and say bye, but when u type Mariah & Usher in the same sentence u expect something amazing, and tbh it was below average for their level, especially when on the same album we have masterpieces like Crybaby, Petals, Heartbreaker (and Remix), Bliss, TGIFY/MIL Remix and the gorgeous interludes.
                Last edited by Shaka; Wed January 12, 2022, 13:36.

Comment

• Originally posted by Almond View Post
                  I would say the guitar riff in MIH (live) is generic, rather than purposely referencing HWGAA. But well done to that lamb noticing it.
                  Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                  Agree. Lots of songs have that particular style riff. I don’t think it was a nod to HWGAA
                  I agree.
                  A total reach.

Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                  I'd rather have new sung remixes. Adding someone doesn't always make a song better. Think of Against All Odds (with Westlife), All I Want For Christmas Is You (with Justin Bieber), Betcha Gon' Know (with R. Kelly), It's A Wrap (with Mary J. Blige)...
                  I like the idea of re-imagined songs with different artists as long as she also recorded new vocals with them.
                  It could be very interesting.

But I'm not here for Cardi, Doja, Stallion & co. neither for a copy and past duet mess.

Originally posted by ChristmasJedi View Post
                  Imagine Mariah jumping on a remix/mash up of Big Energy and Fantasy!
                  Don't see that happening tbh.
                  I don't like the way that girl Latto handled the Fantasy issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                    Mariah's kids book to be out in October

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09Q7P4KGB...t=Mariah+Carey
                    Great!
                    Nice that she's still working with Michaela.

Originally posted by w1llll View Post
                    'This Is Mariah Carey' playlist on Spotify has been updated 'Lead The Way' & 'Save The Day' have been added and the original 'Thank God I Found You' has been replaced with the remix.
                    Great 'cause the MIL Remix >>> the OG.

Originally posted by MsWeiss View Post
                    I play here we go around again every day
                    As you should. As everyone should.

Originally posted by SprungFan View Post
                    what I don't get is why can they just upload the HQ videos, instead of these remastered hd's... it's not like these videos were made in the 80s, they should have them in 4K already
                    Tbh I've seen remastered videos made by lambs that look actually better than these HQ official ones.

Originally posted by leoavalon View Post
                    Dreamlover is one of those songs that I love the remixes even more than the original. This and Fantasy are my favorite club mixes.
                    Same!
                    But that's not a new thing for me, I think most of her re-sung remixes are better than the original tracks.

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfeagle View Post
                      All this talk of Dreamlover made me rewatch some of her love performances of the song. Wow, at her hip-shaking dancing at the All Around the World concert video. Her dancing is so cute
                      Same!

I love this performance.
                      She was so chill, carefree and having fun and the way she ended it with that head voice melisma >

This vid was part of MC30

Comment

• The song is a beast.

---

Memories!

Comment

• Her beauty here, OMG.
                          Breathtakingly stunning.

Comment

• Originally posted by naughtynae View Post

Also the Emotions ‘Blind Alley’ is a MUCH better song with a much better chorus so I think that adds to my dislike.
                            Oh No! I have to completely disagree. Deamlover melody is pure pop bliss, sumptuous, fresh & comfy, it has that pop roundness that Blind Alley (although great) doesn't have. Mariah's ability in creating the most beautiful, simple yet not obvious pop melodies is for me a distinctive factor of her genius artistry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                              Her beauty here, OMG.
                              Breathtakingly stunning.

No shade, but I always loved the way her eyebrows used to move up and down when she was singing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

She sounded ok IMO, I mean yeah good, but she got raspier as the dates progressed.

The first two shows were actually great.

Feb 14th & Feb 15th.

She nailed VOL (she did it only once - on the 14th)

And also this Emotions Intro slays! (same date)

This is the last show

Comment

• Seems like some behind the scenes stuff is going on:

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaloki View Post
                                    This Dreamlover is untouchable tho
                                    I really wish this mix was on Apple Music. The "Juicy" sample just compliments her tone so much, and it creates such a sweet melancholy feeling that I'm just a sucker for.

Like, how does anyone not melt at "don't want another pretendaaaaaaaaah/ to disillusion me one more time..."
                                    can you commit to be my everything?

Comment

• I think I like I don't now. A bop I slept on.
                                      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by chefnicolas View Post

Oh No! I have to completely disagree. Deamlover melody is pure pop bliss, sumptuous, fresh & comfy, it has that pop roundness that Blind Alley (although great) doesn't have. Mariah's ability in creating the most beautiful, simple yet not obvious pop melodies is for me a distinctive factor of her genius artistry.
                                        I see what you mean but I completely disagree I’m just not keen on the song. But I appreciate it’s a fan favourite

Comment

• Maybe dem Def Jam era MC30s are coming to tide us over

I want that #B resung dance mix more than anything, ohhh and #SKYDIVING

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                                            This is the last show
                                            No, this is the first show, Feb 14th 2020 (Valentine's Day).
                                            The last show was on Feb 29th and she didn't perform VOL (she only did it the first night).

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                              I think I like I don't now. A bop I slept on.
                                              I've been saying this for years.
                                              I Don't issa bop.

Comment

• Love their Mixes but not a fan of this one tbh.

Mariah Carey - Side Effects (The Ancient Dreamy Mix)

Comment

• She could have waited a lil more to announce this tbh.

Comment

• Meemz be da nju Shakespeare, me seems. wondergreat.

Honestly, what can't she do? talented chanteuse / author.
                                                    My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                    X