X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

I've been saying this for years.
    I Don't issa bop.

I made a new playlist on Spotify which includes all her rare songs that are not really available on any of her real albums... such as i don't and That Thing U do and My Love and Unforgettable etc... (I collected 21 songs of this kind) and they all are bops. Even something as dreadful as Infamous... is kinda cute when it succeeds I don't.

btw did we all know that her Pavarotti duet and her Aretha COF duet are all on Spotify? I am amazed.
    My Chart

Comment

• Her #TONE here is to die for.

I miss that cry-ish quality she used to add to her belts.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
        I made a new playlist on Spotify which includes all her rare songs that are not really available on any of her real albums... such as i don't and That Thing U do and My Love and Unforgettable etc... (I collected 21 songs of this kind) and they all are bops. Even something as dreadful as Infamous... is kinda cute when it succeeds I don't.

btw did we all know that her Pavarotti duet and her Aretha COF duet are all on Spotify? I am amazed.
        As they should!

And I like Infamous for what it is.

Comment

• Mariah's real rarities: I've collected these songs on Spotify:

U make me wanna
          Lil' Love
          My Love
          Where I belong
          Somewhat Loved
          I don't
          Infamous
          In the Mix
          Unforgettable Remix
          Every Time I close my Eyes
          Chain of Fools
          Got to Be Real
          We are the world (Pavarotti & Friends)
          Things that u do
          Just Stand Up
          Right to Dream
          Can't say No
          Emotionless
          When do the bells ring for me
          Triumphant
          Hero (ft. Pavarotti)
          Love Hangover (Divas Live)

do I miss something (that is available)?
          My Chart

Comment

• That playlist is giving me life. These songs are so rare (to me) and I haven't listened to them either in years or much enough so that they seem kinda fresh to me and it feels like having a new album of some sorts. #IMStarving4NewMeems
            My Chart

Comment

• I was watching MTV and they had a Top 50 2000s Diva countdown (phew, so many bops from my teen years hehe) and I was pleasantly surprised to see "We Belong Together" at number 1 !
              If you have 5 minutes, please check out my song "So Fly" on YouTube.

Comment

Thanks for reminding me. I just added them to my Mariah playlist as well. https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5w...695199d0d24c7b

I think I added all rarities stevyy but you can check. It's all in chronological order.
                UKMIX Favourite Members 2021: RayRay being the first member to appear on 20 different voting lists!

Comment

• I love her rendition of “help me make it through the night”. She should release in some form, this doesn’t deserve to be hidden in her vault. I remember there was this hacker that was selling a lot of unreleased MC songs and some lambs decided to buy together that cover and another song which I don’t remember anyone. Even tho it’s wrong I’m thankful it leaked cause we wouldn’t still never hear it till today

Comment

• Originally posted by Migrate View Post
                    I was watching MTV and they had a Top 50 2000s Diva countdown (phew, so many bops from my teen years hehe) and I was pleasantly surprised to see "We Belong Together" at number 1 !
                    Where it belongs

Comment

She could have waited a lil more to announce this tbh.

That's not how the publishing industry works. If anything, she should have announced it in December.

Book Fairs are all happening soon and that's where people sell book rights for translations and so forth. Plus, they need book stores to get a sense of demand, etc.

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• I was expecting "When Do The Bells Ring For Me" to sound better tbh.
                        I thought she was going to nail it since it was a jazzy number, but nope, her whisper register was kinda off sometimes, and their voices didn't blend well on the track, I guess it has to do with the timing.

She sounded AMAZING on RTD & HMMITTN tho.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                          That's not how the publishing industry works. If anything, she should have announced it in December.
                          December would've been better IMO.
                          Anyway, she was talking about the book in November already.

Comment

Love their Mixes but not a fan of this one tbh.

Mariah Carey - Side Effects (The Ancient Dreamy Mix)

I've always like Side Effects... there's something about it which stands out to me still. Today it almost sounds dated but the structure of the song, the lyrics, the melody, her delivery etc elevate it.

I really like this mix. Thanks for sharing.
                            MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

Mariah's real rarities: I've collected these songs on Spotify:

U make me wanna
                              Lil' Love
                              My Love
                              Where I belong
                              Somewhat Loved
                              I don't
                              Infamous
                              In the Mix
                              Unforgettable Remix
                              Chain of Fools
                              Got to Be Real
                              Things that u do
                              Just Stand Up
                              Right to Dream
                              Can't say No
                              Emotionless
                              Triumphant
                              Hero (ft. Pavarotti)

How you could forget 100%?

Comment

I was expecting "When Do The Bells Ring For Me" to sound better tbh.
                                I thought she was going to nail it since it was a jazzy number, but nope, her whisper register was kinda off sometimes, and their voices didn't blend well on the track, I guess it has to do with the timing.

She sounded AMAZING on RTD & HMMITTN tho.
                                She was heavily pregnant when she recorded it.

Comment

She could have waited a lil more to announce this tbh.

Totally agree. How am I supposed to endure all these months without this? the cover is so beautiful, so 70s yet so current, Hopefully it will be some art in the interior pages from the same cover artist and same style.

Comment

• So close and mariah wouldn’t be the first female pre-2000s to archive this

Comment

• I've checked some other books from this artist, Fuuji Takashi, and she's amazing. Her IG

Comment

• Originally posted by Juancito75 View Post

How you could forget 100%?
                                        not on my spotify, I checked.
                                        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                          So close and mariah wouldn’t be the first female pre-2000s to archive this
                                          Love this! Both my queens on this list!
                                          i was fortunate to see Whitney in Miami for the Bodyguard Tour. She was 2 hours late, upset the audience but won us over when she started singing! Intimate Gothic theatre in Downtown Miami. Great seats! She had a towel in her hand the entire time. Probably sweating profusely from all the coke but she still sounded great.
                                          I saw Mariah for the 1993 Music Box the year before. Also, I saw Celine in that Gothic Theatre after the Power of Love before Titanic!
                                          so privileged to have seen the 90s vocal trinity in their day!
                                          Last edited by Cashiado; Wed January 12, 2022, 22:21.
                                          http://marcokircher.com
                                          http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                                          https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                                          IG: marco235

Comment

• Yeah, no, not a fan of Dreamlover either.
                                            Now the Juicy mash up, that's where it's at.
                                            Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashiado View Post

Love this! Both my queens on this list!
                                              i was fortunate to see Whitney in Miami for the Bodyguard Tour. She was 2 hours late, upset the audience but won us over when she started singing! Intimate Gothic theatre in Downtown Miami. Great seats! She had a towel in her hand the entire time. Probably sweating profusely from all the coke but she still sounded great.
                                              I saw Mariah for the 1993 Music Box the year before. Also, I saw Celine in that Gothic Theatre after the Power of Love before Titanic!
                                              so privileged to have seen the 90s vocal trinity in their day!
                                              you're so lucky to witness one of the greatest voices that ever existed and better yet in her prime. she was probably the best live vocalist in the world. she owned the stage and the things she did with her voice was jaw-dropping. I can't imagine how amazing it felt to see her in concert

Comment

• Whitney was so rude to a girl from the start. The girl/woman ran up to the stage with a ticket and pen and asked for an autograph. Whitney said, “I think your ticket says seat. So take it!” The audience boo’d her. She called Miami people impatient. She got more boos. Then she just sang. We all forgave her. I got to her I’ll Always Love You!
                                                I also got to hear Mariah sing AIl In Your Mind, Just Be Good To Me and, my favorite, Vanishing!
                                                My seats for the Music Box Tour were up high.
                                                once she started, I was on my feet! A lady behind me complained! I said “I paid for this seat! I’ll dance if I want!”
                                                I did sit down during the slow songs until the climax. Then, I just could not just sit there! I know Miami Music Box concert got bad reviews, but, I’m sorry to disagree!
                                                http://marcokircher.com
                                                http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                                                https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                                                IG: marco235

Comment

Mariah's real rarities: I've collected these songs on Spotify:

U make me wanna
                                                  Lil' Love
                                                  My Love
                                                  Where I belong
                                                  Somewhat Loved
                                                  I don't
                                                  Infamous
                                                  In the Mix
                                                  Unforgettable Remix
                                                  Chain of Fools
                                                  Got to Be Real
                                                  Things that u do
                                                  Just Stand Up
                                                  Right to Dream
                                                  Can't say No
                                                  Emotionless
                                                  Triumphant
                                                  Hero (ft. Pavarotti)

You're forgetting the tropical bop Gotta Thing 4 U. Although the version on Spotify is not as good as the one on the CB deluxe edition, the production has some diferences and Mariah's vocals sound a bit worse.
                                                  Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                                                  www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                                    Seems like some behind the scenes stuff is going on:

The Extra Festive of version of AIWFCIY has been replaced with the original on MCIIY.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X