Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Clown10 View Post

The Extra Festive of version of AIWFCIY has been replaced with the original on MCIIY.

Thank God i still have the Extra festive. I don’t know if it’s because i had purchased the album

Comment

• Good pick up Clown10 .

Interesting decision... and also, how was this possible given the different labels across these projects? Or is it a different process on digital platforms?
      Less with labels and more with publishing, or masters, or whatever?
      MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
        Good pick up Clown10 .

Interesting decision... and also, how was this possible given the different labels across these projects? Or is it a different process on digital platforms?
        Less with labels and more with publishing, or masters, or whatever?
        It works just like a mirror. When you play in the MCIIU it just redirect to the original AIWFCIY file. It’s like it happens with some people likes to include IKWYW to charmbracelet total streams because in the international version the song is included but it’s the Busta Rhymes file from his album with 200M streams or something like that

Comment

• Originally posted by naughtynae View Post

I know it’s a fan favourite but I’m just not a fan of the melody.

Also the Emotions ‘Blind Alley’ is a MUCH better song with a much better chorus so I think that adds to my dislike.
          Let's come together in perfect harmony...

Comment

The Extra Festive of version of AIWFCIY has been replaced with the original on MCIIY.

This is soo random!

TBH, the only welcome addition to AIWFCIY that I need is for a version to merge the instrumental intro with the 1994 track. That Marc Shaiman production is on spot!

Comment

So now MCIIY has 1.2 billion streams on Spotify

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

It works just like a mirror. When you play in the MCIIU it just redirect to the original AIWFCIY file. It’s like it happens with some people likes to include IKWYW to charmbracelet total streams because in the international version the song is included but it’s the Busta Rhymes file from his album with 200M streams or something like that
                Oh I know, I just meant in terms of the decision makers... who 'owns' the 'album' on spotify. Would Mariah have to get the labels' clearance?
                MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Preordered the book, can't wait for Nov

Comment

• Both 'Dreamlover' and 'Always Be My Baby' are masterpieces and free of flaws. They represent Mariah Carey at her absolute best. IDK what the hell some of you are smoking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashiado View Post
                      Whitney was so rude to a girl from the start. The girl/woman ran up to the stage with a ticket and pen and asked for an autograph. Whitney said, “I think your ticket says seat. So take it!” The audience boo’d her. She called Miami people impatient. She got more boos. Then she just sang. We all forgave her. I got to her I’ll Always Love You!
                      I also got to hear Mariah sing AIl In Your Mind, Just Be Good To Me and, my favorite, Vanishing!
                      My seats for the Music Box Tour were up high.
                      once she started, I was on my feet! A lady behind me complained! I said “I paid for this seat! I’ll dance if I want!”
                      I did sit down during the slow songs until the climax. Then, I just could not just sit there! I know Miami Music Box concert got bad reviews, but, I’m sorry to disagree!
                      Loved reading that.

(LMFAO @ Whitney! <3)

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post

I've always like Side Effects... there's something about it which stands out to me still. Today it almost sounds dated but the structure of the song, the lyrics, the melody, her delivery etc elevate it.

I really like this mix. Thanks for sharing.
                        No problem!

I love the original.

Mariah Carey - Side Effects (Ad-libs)

I like everything about this track and could've been the final single back in '08.

Comment

• Originally posted by Juancito75 View Post
                          She was heavily pregnant when she recorded it.
                          She was also heavily pregnant on the amazing Christmas Special she did in '10 (undubbed) and especially in the Washington performances on Dec that year yet she slayed on there, the healthiest her voice sounded for years. One Child performance was top notch. So no, that wasn't the reason. Also my critic wasn't only for her voice on WDTBRFM, it was overall average and uninspired IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                            I've checked some other books from this artist, Fuuji Takashi, and she's amazing. Her IG
                            This looks cool!

Originally posted by Cashiado View Post
                            I saw Mariah for the 1993 Music Box the year before.
                            Which date?!

Nevermind, I saw on a later post u said it was the Miami concert.
                            It's a shame we don't have any footage from that date.
                            Do u remember if she did the whistles on VOL and Vanishing?

The New York date was absolutely EPIC.

Originally posted by ForeverYoung View Post
                            Both 'Dreamlover' and 'Always Be My Baby' are masterpieces and free of flaws. They represent Mariah Carey at her absolute best. IDK what the hell some of you are smoking.
                            Yep (​​​​​​​)

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by ForeverYoung View Post
                                Both 'Dreamlover' and 'Always Be My Baby' are masterpieces and free of flaws. They represent Mariah Carey at her absolute best. IDK what the hell some of you are smoking.
                                I honestly skip Dreamlover every time I think it’s fluff not my thing

Comment

• Yas love to side effects. Amazing song. I also love for her EY EY EY belts during the E=MC2 era. I really connect those ‘runs’ with that specific era. It was also the first time I fully experienced a Mimi era. The good days.
                                  Eudaimonia
                                  Last.fm
                                  Instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

not on my spotify, I checked.
                                    Thanks for finding out about cover artist! (EDIT: it was meant to De La Puerta, sorry)
                                    Last edited by Juancito75; Thu January 13, 2022, 08:33.

Comment

• I love Dreamlover, have y’all ever tried singing it though? I swear it’s harder than Fantasy because of the way every note ends higher than it started, the dance remix is much easier

Comment

• The adlibs on “Side Effects” are a total slay, vibrato heaven, I live for “said I STILL wake up, CRY-YIN,” the way she sings “crying” gives me goosebumps

And the fact that it has such a stellar middle 8, like the good ole days! I love the rap but it didn’t even need it

Comment

• I love Dreamlover!! For me it will always remains as the first song I heard from her so I have a special feeling with it

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                            That playlist is giving me life. These songs are so rare (to me) and I haven't listened to them either in years or much enough so that they seem kinda fresh to me and it feels like having a new album of some sorts. #IMStarving4NewMeems
                                            Can you share your spotify playlist?
                                            AsaPUKE ing bola
                                            king lalam ning TETE

Comment

• Side Effects is one of those tracks that is lyrically easier to follow and easier to connect with because it's a feeling/experience a lot of people have (sadly). Reminds me a bit of Breakdown and The One in that way.
                                              See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• I think I’m in the minority that doesn’t like Side Effects and it’s down to the production. That repetitive synth sound before each chorus is too much for me and takes away from the sound

Comment

• Lyrically Side Effects is amazing, but the rest of it I'm not a fan of. I always thought it sounded a bit too busy, needed stripped back a bit.... Like pretty much all of E=MC2

Comment

• So... Dreamlover I've always liked... but I can understand that some people might not love it.

It's an instant breezy pop song at its finest, but perhaps it doesn't have a punch. The Theo's Joint Club version I really enjoy too because it adds that 'punch' or spice the original lacks. But I still go back to the album version too.
                                                    The Juice remix is fantastic too.

I also agree with ABMB - I was not an instant fan but I know people who were super impressed when they first heard it.
                                                    Despite it not being one of my absolute faves, I can't really fault it. When it's on, I don't want to turn it off... it's also a brilliant breezy 'pop' song (less pop than Dreamlover - maybe has a bit more of an edge).

The club mixes of ABMB (Def classic etc) are brilliant - so different to any other of her club mixes up to that point and totally intriguing.
                                                    MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X