No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is still beyond me that GML did not receive a promo video at least (like the roof or breakdown)... the song is still the best song of her entire career.
    My Chart

Comment

• I think what makes side effects great is that the music doesn't match the sad lyrics

Comment

• Dreamlover on the Caution Tour was a highlight for me actually now that I think back, I remember her slaying it a bit! The adlibs were on point

Everyday, of my life, always, so come and take me awayyyyy

Comment

• The Distance is top 10. I still play it all the time. The bass >>>>

Comment

• Originally posted by ChristmasJedi View Post

I guess the only chance we’ve got is to hope for it to become viral , like many other artists are doing now when their old songs go viral on TikTok, like Meghan Trainor with Title, or Madonna with Frozen (though this one had a fabulous single treatment back then)
            Mariah is the queen of this! Shes already had 3 songs gone viral on Tik-Tok: Obsessed, All I Want For Christmas and Fantasy! Us fans should really download that app and start getting creative! I know that were less of lambs and more of old hags but we can make it happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaloki View Post
              Dreamlover on the Caution Tour was a highlight for me actually now that I think back, I remember her slaying it a bit! The adlibs were on point

Well, she lipped to the MSG 95 version of Dreamlover so it better sounded good!

Comment

• Originally posted by GlenMarley View Post

Well, she lipped to the MSG 95 version of Dreamlover so it better sounded good!

Lol oh maybe that's why haha
                I could've sworn the London shows weren't fully lipped like the Vegas shows I need to go back and watch

Comment

• whet? Mariah don't lip.

I could still slap her for lipping the climax of hero... while she could literally sing it all the way thru. b!tch better get to her senses.
                  My Chart

Comment

• Yet she sings her most difficult song, Vision of Love, fully live EVERY time. Lol
                    To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• The more I listen to Big Energy the more I can’t believe how full of BS Latto was by saying she wasn’t overly familiar with Fantasy (can’t remember her exact words).. there’s so many references to it.. Even the part (maybe it’s the chorus) where she sings “got that big big energy”.. is a rip off of “swee-eet fantasy”.. almost identical melody and falls at exactly the same part of the sample.

Not fooling me darling.
                      To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

The Distance is top 10. I still play it all the time. The bass >>>>
                        Yes that bass SLAPS

Speaking of bass, I heard Honey playing loud at a club last week on good speakers, the production and mixing on that song is insane, it’s so THICK yet open, so much bass, Mariah’s vocals so audible, clear piano and flourishes, absolutely pristine dahling

Comment

• Had to login and declare my love for Dreamlover. Ugh I love this song so much, it's another one of her classics that deserves a viral tik tok moment or feature in a major movie soundtrack. The vocals, harmonies, production -- it's all so perfect and feel-good. Mariah at her merging genres best!!

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                            It is still beyond me that GML did not receive a promo video at least (like the roof or breakdown)... the song is still the best song of her entire career.
                            GML is such a moment, I really hope she continues making songs like this. One of her most cinematic songs and, again, merges her incredible sense of melody and genre-shifting. That chorus is everything and her tone sounds so beautiful and breezy throughout, like the lyrics were just pouring out of her. LOVE

Comment

• not really a fan of dreamlover, its a bit too wishy washy for me.

" And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                              Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Honey > Fantasy > Heartbreaker > Dreamlover

ALLLLL iconic bops that are only HER style. Nobody else did anything like those songs and they’ll forever be her sound

Comment

• Fantasy > Dreamlover > Honey > Heartbreaker but all 10/10 bops for me

Comment

• Fantasy (Original) > Honey > Heartbreaker >>>> Loverboy >>>>>> Dreamlover

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                                      Honey > Fantasy > Heartbreaker > Dreamlover

ALLLLL iconic bops that are only HER style. Nobody else did anything like those songs and they’ll forever be her sound
                                      This exactly. Some days I might switch Fantasy and Heartbreaker.

Shaka where’s the top 25
                                      funny how one can learn
                                      to grow numb to the madness
                                      and block it away

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                                        Honey > Fantasy > Heartbreaker > Dreamlover

Well all those songs are heavily built on samples so not exactly original. Maybe you mean vocally ?

Also there is a Pebbles song which sounds very similar stylistically to Fantasy remix and came out prior. Think its called Are you ready ?

I do agree that Honey is definitely the best, followed by Fantasy. I really dont like Heartbreaker.

Comment

• Fantasy > Heartbreaker > Honey > Dreamlover for me.

And yassss @ the Side effects appreciation. It was and still is DAT BITCH. Those relatable lyrics and them raspy ad-libs at the end, girl. True it's a little overproduced and sounds too busy at times. But issa bop.
                                          Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Just wanted to point out how Mariah mastered the art of sampling and took it to a whole new level.

The way she just integrates melodies or bits from other songs into hers and makes them work as an essential part of the track and it doesn't sound off. It all flows organically. It ain't that easy.
                                            Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• One of Mariahs most underrated tracks IMO is Thanx 4 nothin.

Even JDs rambling is not enough to ruin it.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                                                The more I listen to Big Energy the more I can’t believe how full of BS Latto was by saying she wasn’t overly familiar with Fantasy (can’t remember her exact words).. there’s so many references to it.. Even the part (maybe it’s the chorus) where she sings “got that big big energy”.. is a rip off of “swee-eet fantasy”.. almost identical melody and falls at exactly the same part of the sample.

Not fooling me darling.
                                                So true. It was insulting tbh.

I jokingly told people there is a Dreamlover rip off in the video with the dancers in the grass too
                                                See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Well all those songs are heavily built on samples so not exactly original. Maybe you mean vocally .
                                                  No. I meant period. Nobody samples and makes a whole new arrangement and writes lyrics on top of them like she did.

Comment

Dreamlover on the Caution Tour was a highlight for me actually now that I think back, I remember her slaying it a bit! The adlibs were on point

Relatively obscure but this performance from the Charmbracelet tour was the first time I sat up and appreciated it in a different way

The run at 1:53

I remember being excited that the vocals on the tour were sounding so healthy compared to the cb album.
                                                    Last edited by Rascali; Thu January 13, 2022, 23:59.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X