Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
    Just wanted to point out how Mariah mastered the art of sampling and took it to a whole new level.

The way she just integrates melodies or bits from other songs into hers and makes them work as an essential part of the track and it doesn't sound off. It all flows organically. It ain't that easy.

Agreed. She truly is the queen of the re-mix.
    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
      whet? Mariah don't lip.

I could still slap her for lipping the climax of hero... while she could literally sing it all the way thru. b!tch better get to her senses.
      I think she's neurotic about her voice getting damaged after '96

Comment

• Not even joking, I think I've listened to Honey almost every day of my life for the last 15 years. ​​​​​​

It's a sexy cool rnb hoe anthem, but yet classy af. The vocals, the production, the raps on the remix, the video.... Everything was flawless.

One of my favourite songs of all time ever by any human being

Comment

• I always wonder how 90s lambs felt… being with each new era came literally a new voice

AND did they digitally make her hair that color on The Greatest Hits cover?
          Last edited by TheRealest; Fri January 14, 2022, 04:57.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
            I always wonder how 90s lambs felt… being with each new era came literally a new voice

Yes lol

She ain’t never had orange/red tones in her hair

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
              It is still beyond me that GML did not receive a promo video at least (like the roof or breakdown)... the song is still the best song of her entire career.
              I'm with you.
              That track needed a video.
              Also Betcha.

They screamed for one.

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                I think what makes side effects great is that the music doesn't match the sad lyrics
                Yep, interesting juxtaposition.
                I like that contrasting effect. It works for me. It makes everything really bold.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                  Yet she sings her most difficult song, Vision of Love, fully live EVERY time. Lol
                  She never dared to lip not even 1 second of that song - and for good.
                  'Cause I'm revoking my lamb card if she ever does that blasphemy.
                  It must be sacred for her I guess.

I remember when some lambs were saying that the sustained Bb4s from endings VOL were all lipped during the ATH Tour and b1tch proved dem wrong.

She was just very consistent with her mid-belts and her resonance was insane!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                    The more I listen to Big Energy the more I can’t believe how full of BS Latto was by saying she wasn’t overly familiar with Fantasy (can’t remember her exact words).. there’s so many references to it.. Even the part (maybe it’s the chorus) where she sings “got that big big energy”.. is a rip off of “swee-eet fantasy”.. almost identical melody and falls at exactly the same part of the sample.

Not fooling me darling.
                    Sis ain't fooling no one.
                    Pure bullsh1t.

Nessa wasn't having none of that BS either, LOL.

I hope MC sues her a$$ off.

Originally posted by woabritney View Post
                    GML is such a moment, I really hope she continues making songs like this. One of her most cinematic songs and, again, merges her incredible sense of melody and genre-shifting. That chorus is everything and her tone sounds so beautiful and breezy throughout, like the lyrics were just pouring out of her. LOVE

Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                    Honey > Fantasy > Heartbreaker > Dreamlover

ALLLLL iconic bops that are only HER style. Nobody else did anything like those songs and they’ll forever be her sound
                    Exactly ​​​​​​​

For me it goes like Heartbreaker > Honey > Fantasy > Dreamlover.

Originally posted by LambChild View Post
                    Shaka where’s the top 25
                    Oops, I forgot about it LOL.
                    Remember me that during the weekend, it's gonna be hard af

​​​​​​​
                    Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
                    Just wanted to point out how Mariah mastered the art of sampling and took it to a whole new level.

The way she just integrates melodies or bits from other songs into hers and makes them work as an essential part of the track and it doesn't sound off. It all flows organically. It ain't that easy.
                    Say it louder for the people in the back, hun.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                      One of Mariahs most underrated tracks IMO is Thanx 4 nothin.
                      I love T4N.

Oh, how I wish she would've done full acoustic performances instead of these snippets back in '08.

No. I meant period. Nobody samples and makes a whole new arrangement and writes lyrics on top of them like she did.
                      Spitting truth.

I always wonder how 90s lambs felt… being with each new era came literally a new voice
                      I can only imagine the shock due to the change in her image between 1996 & 1997.
                      Sis really did that.

Comment

• Oh, look, an extended video from this private performance of SIO:

---

And btw, sis needs to perform The One at some point, in the arrangement she wants to.

I hate the fact that she always stop singing when she's slaying.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post

I hope they do something crazy for her hair for the Chick stuff/promo
                          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• I'm watching random performances from the Caution Tour and there's some serious great vocals.

I love that vocal change she did at 2:16 - 2:22 here (amazing runs!).

Those endings runs are very subtle but so gorgeous as well.

Comment

• This performance wasn't IT but that whistle OMG, the quality (2:52!)

Comment

• OFF TOPIC!!!!
                                I remember a while back ago that someone here posted an artwork of Mariah (it was specifically the skydiving cover) painted with Mariah's songs....Anyone can help me in finding it? I googled it but I hade no results back!
                                Thank you"!
                                Like the wind through the trees...

Comment

• Originally posted by Fourthofjuly81 View Post
                                  OFF TOPIC!!!!
                                  I remember a while back ago that someone here posted an artwork of Mariah (it was specifically the skydiving cover) painted with Mariah's songs....Anyone can help me in finding it? I googled it but I hade no results back!
                                  Thank you"!
                                  https://www.deviantart.com/fabianopcampos/art/Mariah-Carey-Skydiving-2-0-274261463

Comment

• Comment

• I def agree on Fantasy and Honey being superior to Dreamlover. I never choose to listen to it but when I do I really enjoy it.

I listen to this version (Mariah's first incorporation of the Firecracker sample) and the David Morales mix a lot too.
                                      Last edited by GlenMarley; Fri January 14, 2022, 12:38.

Comment

• Butterfly – Mariah Carey

Official Chart peak: 2

UK chart sales: 305k

Mariah’s sixth album and what she claims is her ‘magnum opus’ is a record of emancipation and long-sought freedom tooled with heaven-sent melisma and a more urban-leaning edge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rascali View Post

I think she's neurotic about her voice getting damaged after '96
                                          Mariah is traumatized by the media. If she was less than perfect and didn't nail every single note in every of the hundreds performances she did every day during years they destroyed her. She then started to lip even the notes she could nail just in fear to not reach them live on TV or on streams.

Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
                                          Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
                                          Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                            I'm watching random performances from the Caution Tour and there's some serious great vocals.

I love that vocal change she did at 2:16 - 2:22 here (amazing runs!).

Those endings runs are very subtle but so gorgeous as well.

I was in the Concert she sniped Outside and I went CRAZY!!! I believed that she could sing and nail it! Her vocals were on fire!
                                            Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
                                            Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
                                            Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

Comment

• Originally posted by leoavalon View Post

Mariah is traumatized by the media. If she was less than perfect and didn't nail every single note in every of the hundreds performances she did every day during years they destroyed her. She then started to lip even the notes she could nail just in fear to not reach them live on TV or on streams.
                                              This made me so sad. Like, she is so strong but still has these insecurities. I will always love her voice regardless of the 'sound', because she's so much more than just her voice.

Comment

• Originally posted by leoavalon View Post

I agree with the media being responsible, but not only that, fans too.

Comment

• Even before Mariah started to lipp, she started dubbing like CRAZY. I mean, those 1998 I Still Believe performances, chile....

UKMIX Trivia: What are the best unofficial Mariah remixes, in your opinion?

Comment

• Originally posted by GlenMarley View Post
                                                    Even before Mariah started to lipp, she started dubbing like CRAZY. I mean, those 1998 I Still Believe performances, chile....

UKMIX Trivia: What are the best unofficial Mariah remixes, in your opinion?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X