Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GlenMarley View Post
    Even before Mariah started to lipp, she started dubbing like CRAZY. I mean, those 1998 I Still Believe performances, chile....

UKMIX Trivia: What are the best unofficial Mariah remixes, in your opinion?
    And there was another remix which is my all time favourite, something along the lines of “I don’t know her. Who?”. It was on YouTube ages ago but I just couldn’t find it at all… anyone know knows where else I can find it?

Comment

• ^ was it this one?

Comment

• Stereogum's Number Ones column has now covered her cover of "I'll Be There": https://www.stereogum.com/2172598/th...e-number-ones/

Comment

• Originally posted by XanderIsMe05 View Post
          ^ was it this one?
          No actually… but thanks for trying

Comment

• Originally posted by leoavalon View Post

I was in the Concert she sniped Outside and I went CRAZY!!! I believed that she could sing and nail it! Her vocals were on fire!
            The Royal Albert Hall concerts were amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mugen View Post
              Stereogum's Number Ones column has now covered her cover of "I'll Be There": https://www.stereogum.com/2172598/th...e-number-ones/
              IBT original unplugged will always hold a special place in my heart, the way she just lets it rip at the end with the “eh yeah yeah yeahhhhhhhhhhhh! I’ll BE there baby,” such an emotional release, that belting is just , it’s like a holy experience, a Hey Judian moment before it existed

Comment

• Lifetime using MC in their Janet doc promo

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Does anyone have the Mixcloud App?
                  David Morales posted a 1 hour 10 minute Mariah Megamix on March 18, 2020.
                  I love hearing DJs seamlessly blend her remixes together in one Megamix! Great for working out! Or chilling on the beach! Road trip!
                  And, it’s Morales revisiting the work he did with Mariah! Great tribute! His transitions are seamless!
                  There are other long mixes if you search in the App!

Edit: The only misstep Morales did in this mix was including WBT. It doesn’t fit and the volume of the vocals is so much lower than the rest of the songs.

2nd Edit: And, he didn’t mix Fantasy or Honey! WTH!

Other than that, it’s a great mix!
                  Last edited by Cashiado; Fri January 14, 2022, 21:00.
                  http://marcokircher.com
                  http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                  IG: marco235

Comment

• I wonder what MC’s fav song on Dawn FM is, “Sacrifice” samples the song that inspired Make It Happen and the production is FIRE but lyrically I don’t know if it’s her bag

I could totally hear her doing a full voice lower harmony on “Out of Time,” he sings so god damn high

I hate that they haven’t collabed yet

Comment

• I’m also pissed that SWV sampled “Human Nature” by Michael so well in “Right Here,” I wish that were Mariah’s song #thatwasaclassic,thatwasaclassic

Comment

• imagine Spotify not adding Mariah Carey or Celine Dion to the 50 great female voices playlist... lol

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37...urce=copy-link

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post
                          imagine Spotify not adding Mariah Carey or Celine Dion to the 50 great female voices playlist... lol

so dionne was right... nobody knows who they are.
                          My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by leoavalon View Post
                            I was in the Concert she sniped Outside and I went CRAZY!!! I believed that she could sing and nail it! Her vocals were on fire!
                            I live for the acapella moments from the CAUTION TOUR.
                            Slipping Away, Music Box, Melt Away, Through The Rain, Circles, Close My Eyes, One Mo' Gen, IWYW...

She nailed all of 'em.

Comment

• Originally posted by GlenMarley View Post
                              UKMIX Trivia: What are the best unofficial Mariah remixes, in your opinion?
                              The Estação Mariah Channel has done the best unofficial Mariah remixes, hands down.

https://www.youtube.com/c/Esta%C3%A7...oMariah/videos

Originally posted by GlenMarley View Post
                              Even before Mariah started to lipp, she started dubbing like CRAZY. I mean, those 1998 I Still Believe performances, chile....
                              She only dubbed the Oprah performance of ISB.
                              The undubbed was pretty amazing anyway and I think I prefer that one.

---

She was dubbing before that anyway, hello The First Vision, MTV Unplugged, Proctor's Theatre, MSG '95, Tokyo '96...

But one thing is dubbing, and another total different thing is lipping.

Even if dubbed, at some point she did it 100% live.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

so dionne was right... nobody knows who they are.
                                I think im gonna stop paying spotify and take my money somewhere else. I cant with this shady thing

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                                  The Royal Albert Hall concerts were amazing.
                                  Yep!
                                  She slayed dem Endless Love performances those dates.
                                  Also, I love the whistles she added on Emotions and also those opening live Dreamlover whistles before the C7.

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                    IBT original unplugged will always hold a special place in my heart, the way she just lets it rip at the end with the “eh yeah yeah yeahhhhhhhhhhhh! I’ll BE there baby,” such an emotional release, that belting is just , it’s like a holy experience, a Hey Judian moment before it existed
                                    I also love the performance she did in NY '93 during the MBT.

Lower key, slower tempo. It gives it a special flavor.

Also, MC resonance was through the roof in this particular concert. Like MASSIVE.

3:43 - 3:48 those back-to-back E5s

P.S. Trey did amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post
                                      imagine Spotify not adding Mariah Carey or Celine Dion to the 50 great female voices playlist... lol

This is quite disrespectful IMO.

Especially considering some names on that playlist...

Comment

• Some more performances from Paris '96:

Without You

Make It Happen

3:36

Comment

• Just rewatched the iheart performance. She was really so on point. Great set list, great vocals, and she looked amazing.

I know it was only a snippet but I love when she sings the OG fantasy. I mean it took her 20 years to remember the pop version actually exists.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Also, MC resonance was through the roof in this particular concert. Like MASSIVE.

P.S. Trey did amazing.
                                            Her tone is incredible, this concert is honestly her best ever, even better than Tokyo Dome

She just sings straight from her feet the entire time, I LIVE for the full richness

Vanishing literally gave me goosebumps

Biiiiiiiiiiish
                                            Last edited by allygdale; Sat January 15, 2022, 04:50.

Comment

This is quite disrespectful IMO.

Especially considering some names on that playlist...
                                              Maybe it's because Mariah Carey and Celine Dion belongs on another playlist, Greatest (of all time) voices playlist these playlists are just alot of payola anyway. We as fans know what we know. Mariah Carey is queen

Comment

P.S. Trey did amazing.
                                                Yes to all of this.
                                                I was just amazed when I first saw this concert.

She is stunning.
                                                That tone is one of the most beautiful in music ever.
                                                Back then. Today. Into the future.

Most of the 'singers' that came after the big three really lacked the distinctiveness and quality they had/have.

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Hi Lambs

I'm new here, but I've been lurking for ages

I'm looking for the footage of Mariah her arrival when she came to promote My All in the netherlands (May 11th 1998). I can only find the inteview and performance can anybody help me to get the footage of her arrival?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashiado View Post
                                                    Does anyone have the Mixcloud App?
                                                    David Morales posted a 1 hour 10 minute Mariah Megamix on March 18, 2020.
                                                    I love hearing DJs seamlessly blend her remixes together in one Megamix! Great for working out! Or chilling on the beach! Road trip!
                                                    And, it’s Morales revisiting the work he did with Mariah! Great tribute! His transitions are seamless!
                                                    There are other long mixes if you search in the App!
                                                    I heard one of his megamixes years ago but I cant remember which one or exactly when.

Would be cool if he got involved with her upcoming project, if only just for the nostalgia.

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Working...
                                                    X