Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by Juancito75 View Post
      I saw the video for 5 min non stop to check reactions from the soldiers, those 2 on each Mariah side are the best, LOL
      LOL, their reaction was hilarious.

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
      the right soldier should have been my husband then and there.
      There's still time, dahling!
      Go and find that cute soldier, u deserve it!

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
      I am not concerned about her rumoured new connection to amazon.
      Not even a rumour.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
        This sounds so good!
        Girl was def sanging that climax. I love that raspy, gritty quality to dem belts.

Einstein Era is interesting, she was super raspy and tired yet she still could belt quite high (up to F5/F#5), and E5s all the time.

Comment

• I’m having a moment of marijuana whatever dahlings

This is sending me

Another holiday smash in the making, who knew?

Say what you will about the song but she sang the f*ck out of ALS

Comment

• This performance was ACE.

Love the way the reverb affected the sound of her staccato whistles, it sounded like a rain of high notes *koikik koikik koikik koikik*

Comment

• It was already posted allygdale

She has now five #1 Holiday Songs

Comment

• 30 years ago today Can't Let Go reached #2. And Sony pulled out the singles from the stores to boost the album sales.

the #1 that got away...
                Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
                Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
                Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                  It was already posted allygdale

She has now five #1 Holiday Songs
                  *On the Holiday Digital Song Sales chart*

FILAC probably would have hit #1 too had the charts restarted by that point
                  See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by leoavalon View Post
                    30 years ago today Can't Let Go reached #2. And Sony pulled out the singles from the stores to boost the album sales.

the #1 that got away...
                    Never understood this. They should have waited till it got to #1 for at least one week. What better way to give the album a boost with promo saying it has two #1 hits...
                    UKMIX Favourite Members 2021: RayRay being the first member to appear on 20 different voting lists!

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Never understood this. They should have waited till it got to #1 for at least one week. What better way to give the album a boost with promo saying it has two #1 hits...
                      Maybe they miscalculated and thought the song would reach #1 anyway?
                      Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
                      Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
                      Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

*On the Holiday Digital Song Sales chart*

FILAC probably would have hit #1 too had the charts restarted by that point
                        Yeah, I mean on that chart.

Is there any artist who had more #1s?

FILAC deserved!

Comment

I am confused how they managed to pull physical CD singles from stores back in the day

I know labels used to 'purchase' shelf space or at least fight for it so I wonder if they just told stores to stop putting singles out or did they simply stop making CDs?

Comment

Yeah.
                            That Era felt so short tbh.
                            I don't know why they rushed things like that.
                            Emotions album was released on September '91 and MTV Unplugged on June '92, and they released Make It Happen (3rd single) on April '92.

And I agree, they should've waited till the song hit #1 at least for one week, and also release another single (To Be Around You IMO), especially when the third single didn't receive proper single treatement (not even a live performance).

I think it was mishandled.

But oh, well.
                            Unplugged was a success so...

Comment

• Originally posted by leoavalon View Post
                              Maybe they miscalculated and thought the song would reach #1 anyway?
                              That could be a reason.

Comment

• Well, I think Unplugged was maybe seen as a vehicle to promote Emotions and the Debut.
                                I don't believe it really helped the albums much though despite the show's huge popularity.

Both albums remained steady the weeks after the show aired, but continued to drop down the charts.

Given the positive response from the public to Unplugged, and its release, there wasn't really much scope for a 4th single.
                                MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• I mean, the 4th single before the MTV Unplugged.
                                  IMO TBAY would've been a way better single than MIH.... that should've been the third one, and then done if they felt like it.

I see Unplugged as a separate entity - and I think the GP as well at that moment.
                                  It did nothing for Emotions (album) and even give her a new #1.

It was like they moved on to her next project.
                                  And did amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                                    That’s my gospel

Her Mark Susan track
                                    Last edited by allygdale; Sun January 16, 2022, 15:17.

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                                      Well, I think Unplugged was maybe seen as a vehicle to promote Emotions and the Debut.
                                      I don't believe it really helped the albums much though despite the show's huge popularity.

Both albums remained steady the weeks after the show aired, but continued to drop down the charts.

Given the positive response from the public to Unplugged, and its release, there wasn't really much scope for a 4th single.
                                      I guess it made sense to push Ill Be There given the response. I also dont think we should ignore just how huge some of the songs were back then. She used to have multiple songs on the radio charts at once I believe.

But I guess Unplugged was also done as a knockback for critics moreso than to promote anything? I think she felt she didnt have much material to do a proper tour and stuff - though im sure people would've loved to hear her sing just about anything.

Comment

• Comment

• I don't remember where but Trey mentioned that the label pulled out the CLG CD single to teach Mariah a lesson.
                                          A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

I guess it made sense to push Ill Be There given the response. I also dont think we should ignore just how huge some of the songs were back then. She used to have multiple songs on the radio charts at once I believe.

But I guess Unplugged was also done as a knockback for critics moreso than to promote anything? I think she felt she didnt have much material to do a proper tour and stuff - though im sure people would've loved to hear her sing just about anything.
                                            I've never got this. I know it's not the same, but she did a lot of live performances, so I don't get why many critics said that she can't sing or hit the whistle notes. She sang live most of the time in those years

Comment

• Originally posted by carey18ph View Post
                                              I don't remember where but Trey mentioned that the label pulled out the CLG CD single to teach Mariah a lesson.
                                              a lesson for what? She was submissive back then, I don't think they pulled it out to lecture her or anything. It was just the album sales were so low they needed something to boost it.

Comment

• amazon exclusive singles do pretty well because of alexa. Ellie Goulding got a #1 at UK on xmas with a amazon exclusive despite no one really knew the song and even blocked AIW. but if she close a deal with amazon I hope it's just for the docu-series and leave the album alone

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                                                  I've never got this. I know it's not the same, but she did a lot of live performances, so I don't get why many critics said that she can't sing or hit the whistle notes. She sang live most of the time in those years
                                                  Same, I don't understand where this was coming from.
                                                  She basically hit her highest note (whistle, Bb7) during Emotions Era (Emotions at VMAs).
                                                  And she didn't lip 1 word until 1994 (and it was at TOTP, so probably wasn't even her choice).

Also, I don't understand how MBT got bad reviews.
                                                  Yeah, she was sick but she slayed anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeyondIdolization View Post
                                                    a lesson for what? She was submissive back then, I don't think they pulled it out to lecture her or anything. It was just the album sales were so low they needed something to boost it.
                                                    Yeah, I agree. That doesn't make sense.

But they could have found another strategy in order to boost sales without sacrificing a #1 - which would've been already promo btw.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X