No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, for a Rock cover, I would go with R.E.M - Losing My Religion.... should be very interesting
    #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by ChristmasJedi View Post
      I always wondered why whitney’s album doesn’t credit Mariah on WYB. Do you know why, Shaka?
      No idea
      Btw, they fixed the YouTube title video and now is Whitney & Mariah.
      This is not new but more like a friendly reminder LOL.

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
      I disagree with the characterisation that the album has a "cult like following"

Butterfly is considered one of the most iconic R&B albums in the 90s or even of all time.

An album that I would say has a cult following would be something like Glitter. Butterfly is far from that.
      I agree.

I would never think as Butterfly (album) as a "cult like following" thing or whatever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomer_MC View Post
        Well, for a Rock cover, I would go with R.E.M - Losing My Religion.... should be very interesting
        That's a nice one

Comment

• RIP Andre Leon

Comment

• I would like less covers and more samples, selfish but I love her personal touch

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

No idea
              Btw, they fixed the YouTube title video and now is Whitney & Mariah.
              This is not new but more like a friendly reminder LOL.

I agree.

I would never think as Butterfly (album) as a "cult like following" thing or whatever.
              Butterfly had success

Comment

• I don't care about covers. I only need a new album right now lol

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                  I would like less covers and more samples, selfish but I love her personal touch

Unless she's sampling herself.

Runway remains tragic.
                  See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                    I would like less covers and more samples, selfish but I love her personal touch
                    I agree.
                    Tho she has turned covers into masterpieces, like OHOMO and even AAO & BOTH.
                    But I'm not here for corny ballads for covers. Gives us something more interesting, 'cause u have that gift. Even country!

Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                    Butterfly had success
                    I know.
                    That's why I don't understand that comment.
                    Saying that is a fan favorite (even MC's fave) or "her magnum opus" (lots of outlets and music sites call it like that btw), doesn't make the album a cult classic kind of thing. I mean, it has sold over 10 million copies WW, 2 #1 singles and one of them is one of her most well known ballads around the Globe.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                      Unless she's sampling herself.

Runway remains tragic.
                      I don't think is tragic, but I'm happy that is not in the regular version of the album.
                      It doesn't belong on there.

Comment

• Kelly Price Talking About Mariah Carey

---

ManRiah

And no, it wasn't "just air".
                        She did hit that F#2 (and three times, while doing a melisma).
                        Insane control.

Comment

• Fantasy going on another high on next month!

Comment

I disagree with the characterisation that the album has a "cult like following"

Butterfly is considered one of the most iconic R&B albums in the 90s or even of all time.

An album that I would say has a cult following would be something like Glitter. Butterfly is far from that.
                            In comparison

Daydream - Butterfly - #1's

USA - 10,200,000 vs - 5,250,000 vs - 6,900,000
                            GBR - 850,000 vs - 300,000 vs - 800,000
                            JPN - 2,600,000 vs - 1,500,000 vs - 3,700,000
                            GER - 600,000 vs - 250,000 vs - 475,000
                            FRA - 700,000 vs - 245,000 vs - 730,000
                            AUS - 400,000 vs - 150,000 vs - 150,000
                            CAN - 800,000 vs - 350,000 vs - 420,000
                            RSK - 675,000 vs - 160,000 vs - 400,000

My Chart

Comment

• André Leon Talley’s High-Fashion Cameo in Mariah Carey’s ‘Say Somethin’ Video

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ethin-1286964/
                              Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
                              Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
                              Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

Comment

• I've never seen this pic!

---

---

Comment

• Mariah Carey - TBA

Mariah let slip during an interview just before Christmas that she was working on something that could be with us as soon as this spring, saying "It's something I've wanted to do for a long time and people have asked me to do for a long time." Oooh. What can she mean?
                                  Kinda interesting that with so many BIG NAMES on their list and with dates of release already confirmed, they mentioned and posted a pic of Mariah

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...n-2022__34932/

Imagine if she drops a single for Valentine's Day.

Comment

• I would like to hear Runway without the sample as I think that loop ruins it for me. I also think this sample is the reason why its not on streaming services due to legal issues.
                                    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

I would like to hear Runway without the sample as I think that loop ruins it for me. I also think this sample is the reason why its not on streaming services due to legal issues.
                                      I think the sample could've been used better.
                                      I love that part, but the thing going through the whole thing makes everything to sound messy and noisy, when her vocal delivery on the track is great.

Anyway, even without the loop sample, it doesn't fit on Caution (album).
                                      Nice that she included it in some international edition tho.

And btw, why would be that a legal issue?
                                      I mean, Emotionless by Drake is a similar case and it's on every streaming platform.

Comment

• Mariah Carey when she was Brenda K Starr's background singer

Meody was totally O.O.C.
                                        I can't a Nicole face LMAO.

It's so weird we didn't have any performance from Brenda with Mariah doing BG.
                                        I mean, she was famous, Mariah worked for her for quite a time

Comment

• Gawd, I live for her tone here.

Rainbow tone is just

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Kinda interesting that with so many BIG NAMES on their list and with dates of release already confirmed, they mentioned and posted a pic of Mariah

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...n-2022__34932/

Imagine if she drops a single for Valentine's Day.
                                            I was reading the replies to that tweet and found this one. What about those unreleased songs this user talks about? “That’s a Smash” and “Call Me”?? Never heard of them

Comment

• she promised butterfly lounge for US spring so around march-may, I wonder how long she'll take to announce anything or a buzz single or whatever

Comment

• Originally posted by ChristmasJedi View Post
                                                I was reading the replies to that tweet and found this one. What about those unreleased songs this user talks about? “That’s a Smash” and “Call Me”?? Never heard of them
                                                LMAO that user is making things up.
                                                "Call Me Now" is a rumoured collabo she did with Westlife - as a bonus track for Angels Advocate, but it was never confirmed.
                                                "That's a smash" is another rumoured collabo with Busta, also as a bonus track for AA, but again, never confirmed.

Lambs need to manage/low their expectations.

Be happy with TBL being released at some point this year.

---

PS, btw, she never promised anything in terms of release date.
                                                We were talking about a spring/summer release being the better option. But that was just us doing presumptions.

Comment

• mariah said herself from her own mouth around spring

Mariah let slip during an interview just before Christmas that she was working on something that could be with us as soon as this spring, saying "It's something I've wanted to do for a long time and people have asked me to do for a long time."

Comment

• Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
                                                    I've always wanted her to cover Show me heaven.
                                                    I don't know why, but everytime I hear the chorus, I picture her belting it out
                                                    Did you ever hear Tina Arena's version? She gave this song life, belted it out with all her heart. Never listen to Maria McKee again.

Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

Working...
                                                    X