Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sri View Post
    TGIFY original has such a beautiful melody. Wonder why it didn't become a big hit. It received really positive reviews as well.
    What do you mean: it didn't become a big hit? It was #1.
    UKMIX Favourite Members 2021: RayRay being the first member to appear on 20 different voting lists!

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Agreed. X-Girlfriend was one of my favorite songs of the album at the time. It's fun and was very 90s.
      X-Girlfriend sounds like a dated version of A No No, the mood, the sound, the tone… A No No is far better

Comment

• Originally posted by ChristmasJedi View Post

X-Girlfriend sounds like a dated version of A No No, the mood, the sound, the tone… A No No is far better
        I disagree. At the time X-Girlfriend sounded great at the time. Dated now, perhaps.

A No No sounded dated after two weeks.
        UKMIX Favourite Members 2021: RayRay being the first member to appear on 20 different voting lists!

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
          The only lifetime whatever award she is long overdue is at the Recording Academy... a special achievement or Grammy HoF induction is the only thing I do want her to have in the near future.

I feel like people who were successful in the 1950s got their overdue respect in the 1980s... but acts from the 1990s who did stand the test of time (AIWFCIY being the prime example of that) are held off and starve for recognition by their peers. It's so stupid.

Mariah / Madonna / Whitney (and Janet) should get more these legend... and "I'm so sorry for 20 y.o. when we hated u, but now u win everything" awards.

It is especially those three and Céline too... who get shut out of the industry in that respect. They really will wait until Mariah has died and then some more 25 years... ridiculous.
          Actually, I feel that of the Vocal Trinity, Whitney and Celine actually got Grammy recognition. Whitney won two of the holy trinity awards for the Bodyguard (album and song of the year) and Celine got the ultra-holy trinity awards of album of the year for Falling into You, plus Song and Record of the year for MHWGO. Meemz and Janet got squat - they only got side-eye awards like New Artist or female vocal, or even worse, video awards. Madonna got a kind-of acknowledgment (her TEOM moment) with her Ray of Light side-eye wins and nomination in the big categories.

Comment

• I can't even imagine comparing Rainbow and TEOM. The only, only, only advantage Rainbow has over TEOM is her tone and fluidity because it was just after her Super-Prime years of 90-96. I only listen to Heartbreaker and TGIFY (I really like the original - I loathe every remix - yeah, I said it) and once in a blue moon, AAO (original only - the Westlife version is horrible, even though I love Westlife). Everything else is immediate delete (song-wise, not vocally).

Rainbow-Glitter-Charmbracelet was my weakest lamb moment (well, along with the Stella years...) ... I was close to giving up and had almost relegated her to my "old favourite artists but now a has-been"... until TEOM came out.

Comment

• Amazing!

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                I wonder if there will be a Mariah x Maxwell collaboration this era
                That’s my dream collaboration!!!!! I don’t care if it’s for his upcoming album or hers! I just want to hear their voices together already!!!!
                His tour starts in April, I think, so he will probably drop his third album in his trilogy before then.
                http://marcokircher.com
                http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                IG: marco235

Comment

• Amazing how mariah got every big records and someone is always joining her

Comment

• She got so many records we dont even know about
                    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

I disagree. At the time X-Girlfriend sounded great at the time. Dated now, perhaps.

A No No sounded dated after two weeks.
                      A No No sounded dated in the moment it was released

X-Girlfriend is a classic. Lyrics are fun and the beginning of diss track-riah
                      Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                      www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• my dream Rainbow album would be

1 Heartbreaker
                        2 Thank god i found you ( stargate version)
                        3 Bliss
                        4 How much
                        5 Lead the way
                        6 X-girlfriend
                        7 All cried out ( Mariah's version) i would prefer this 80's cover to AAO
                        8 Heartbreaker ( Remix )
                        9 Vulnerability ( Interlude)
                        10 Crybaby
                        11 Secret love ( think it would fit perfect on this album)
                        12 Never too far
                        13 Rainbow (interlude)
                        14 Can’t take that away ( Mariah’s theme )

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAtnFqi9b_w

Where's the discuss on this one???!!....oh that's right....unworthy...well

I'm glad she's respectful and accountable

best part is when she states how shy Mariah is....that Cancer Moon and all.....took a few years to get that ol Aries Sun in charge of everything.....

...incredible how Kelly is spillin' the cup ah beans on everyone.......

https://share.singsnap.com/play/11821730

Comment

• I wouldn't even use X-girlfriend for manure.
                            That's how tragic it is.
                            Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• So, like I said having recently re-listened to Rainbow and appreciated it in new ways, you guys talking about X-Girlfriend made me voluntarily seek it out and play it.

It has... good bones. I actually somewhat enjoyed it.
                              Hmmm...
                              MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Is this genuine? I can’t see such page on her website. Btw why is her official site still Xmas themed?? lol

Comment

• I was watching the Netflix film Don't Look Up today and I screamed when I saw that pic of Meryl Streep and Mariah at the Oval Office
                                  Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                                  www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by Sebastian View Post

A No No sounded dated in the moment it was released

X-Girlfriend is a classic. Lyrics are fun and the beginning of diss track-riah
                                    Disagree about A No No. I still like that one.
                                    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• I don’t know about y’all but if she instead featured Westlife in Thank God I Found You it would be a world domination in that era and is a bigger single than it is in the US and will be huge in Europe and Asia. AAO with Joe and 98* is just fine and interesting 3rd single.
                                      Mariah Carey- The Queen of Queens And The Goddess of Goddesses

Comment

• Wondering what you all thought of this accoustic emotions cover, i can't decide if it's brilliant or weird

Comment

• Is it really that hard to organise the interviews so people don't have to be waiting hours?

People's patience only going to last so much whoever you are.

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                                            Is it really that hard to organise the interviews so people don't have to be waiting hours?

People's patience only going to last so much whoever you are.

Seems odd to bring this up 2 months later
                                            funny how one can learn
                                            to grow numb to the madness
                                            and block it away

Comment

• Originally posted by 24fanatic View Post
                                              I co-sign this wonder/wish! He seems like a perfect and likely partner to collaborate with in The Butterfly Lounge.
                                              Yes, I'm totally here for that duet!

Comment

• Originally posted by LambChild View Post

Seems odd to bring this up 2 months later
                                                Perhaps though it's not the first time we hear these things. Does she think this is right?

I mean, treat people how you want to be treated. if you can't make the interview, tell them earlier or reschedule them to a date and time that you can commit

Comment

What do you mean: it didn't become a big hit? It was #1.
                                                  A #1 does not necessarily mean a big hit.
                                                  And I don't think TGIFY was one.
                                                  It only spent 1 week at #1, and was not stable since it left the Top 10 after 4 weeks (also, it debuted very low, at #82 and reached the top thanx to the Remix).

It's MC less memorable #1 IMO.

On the other hand, some big hits never reach #1.

Comment

• Mariah was so nice and pleasant to her.

Her video is clickbait, she wants her viral moment. Sad.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X