No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you want to feel old, I just realised that MIAMTEC will be 7 YEARS OLD in May!

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
      I have a feeling we won’t get MOAIA this week. They were updating the videos on Monday, still we ain’t get any video remastered and it’s Wednesday. Maybe she’ll skip this week because of WBT performance
      yeah we usually by now at least have the pics of the MC30 EP covers for the week.

Comment

• Originally posted by firefly_86 View Post

I've been listening to Trey Lorenz's 1992 album a lot, hearing her background vocals and arrangements over the whole album is beautiful. She sounds so truly in her element!
        I love his debut album. Even though not all songs were produced by Mariah, it has a Mariah vibe all over.
        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• I actually don't mind this. I want a proper induction of the Queen.

Comment

• The more I think about this the more disgusted I am that Jay--Z and Mary J Blige were able to land a nomination before Mariah. It's insulting.

Comment

• Originally posted by jr588 View Post
              yeah we usually by now at least have the pics of the MC30 EP covers for the week.
              That's a good sign. So she's skipping the EP's this week. I think that can only mean one thing: we're getting MC vs JS and Angels Advocate instead! Hope we won't have to wait too long.

My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• The days when you had legends (including those who had legends written all over them when they're just a few years in) and power brokers!

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

That's a good sign. So she's skipping the EP's this week. I think that can only mean one thing: we're getting MC vs JS and Angels Advocate instead! Hope we won't have to wait too long.

I'm OK to wait another week(s), it was getting too samey samey and predictable.

A new WBT performance is more exciting to look forward to.

Comment

• Was just thinking why an artist like Mariah never scored that big in the non-fan voted industry based awards like the Grammies and RnR Hall of Fame.

Do you guys think it stems for jealousy?

* I mean she was so young and smashed all records straight of the gate and continues to do so consistently throughout her career
                    * She's an easy target in a sense that they feel she's a studio or label machine and thus fail to recognise her artistry?
                    * You don't need to reward an artist who's already so popular
                    * Look down on the music she produces as being pop and thus not deserving
                    * She had it both ways, the blacks thinks she's passing and don't vote for her. The whites thinks she's black and ambiguous and thus beneath them when you have white artist smashing with good songs as well.

I hope she gets her dues whilst she's alive, i still think there's a lot of bias and prejudice against her in the industry.

Sadly, I have a feeling that even if one day she's gone, she will never get her just dues.

Comment

• i was on a insider, relatively, board for years "back in the day" when the heads of the last 4 labels use to get on there and post just about daily

BELIEVE ME.....all the below is or was TRUE.....spec one cat that kept saying she was a background vocalist.....and another pointing out the "passing" crap...believe me,,,i was HUGE mc advocate back then, I called all their a$$$es out on that commentary,,,,,they ,,,sometimes....mocked me pretty bad

Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                      Was just thinking why an artist like Mariah never scored that big in the non-fan voted industry based awards like the Grammies and RnR Hall of Fame.

* I mean she was so young and smashed all records straight of the gate and continues to do so consistently throughout her career
                      * She's an easy target in a sense that they feel she's a studio or label machine and thus fail to recognise her artistry?
                      * She had it both ways, the blacks thinks she's passing and don't vote for her. The whites thinks she's black and ambiguous and thus beneath them when you have white artist smashing with good songs as well.

I hope she gets her dues whilst she's alive, i still think there's a lot of bias and prejudice against her in the industry.

Sadly, I have a feeling that even if one day she's gone, she will never get her just dues.
                      https://youtu.be/iC0uMBT4fwg
                      https://youtu.be/OvnPqp_RPu4

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

I think it means we’ll get something Valentines related, maybe an EP with some of her love songs... or maybe only the WBT performance is the treat of the week...

Comment

• Lord in heaven, I want Skydiving

Comment

• Originally posted by ElusiveButterfly View Post

I think it means we’ll get something Valentines related, maybe an EP with some of her love songs... or maybe only the WBT performance is the treat of the week...
                            Maybe we’ll finally get "The Ballads" on streaming platforms???
                            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• I can't believe people want them horrible Angels Advocate copy and paste remixes. I mean does anyone actually listen to the ones she tacked onto MIAMTEC ?

Just give me There for me.

Comment

• Comment

• The Beauty

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                    I can't believe people want them horrible Angels Advocate copy and paste remixes. I mean does anyone actually listen to the ones she tacked onto MIAMTEC ?

Just give me There for me.
                                    Here you go....

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                                      Was just thinking why an artist like Mariah never scored that big in the non-fan voted industry based awards like the Grammies and RnR Hall of Fame.

I agree... nobody takes her seriously as an artist. (especially in the US). I mean she has won an Ivor Novello Award in the UK which is the highest award for songwirters in the country and remains unrecognized in any shape or form in her home country.

well, the songwriter's hall of fame is a right step forward.

What I can't forget is that her entire Butterfly era received 3 Grammy nominations... (nothing for the album tho)... and that's a high crime. It's one thing to lose (and Mariah lost 99% of her nominations), but to not even be nominated with what is perceived as her finest musical work to this date... is ridiculous to me.

I also think that her beauty is something that keeps blocking her way to more recognition... If she wear ugly as fark, had leprosy scars on her face and were morbidly obese, she could have gotten a few more awards... but much like Dolly Parton... Mariah looks like a Barbie doll and often talks like an ignorant girl (we all know that that's only banter for her)... Mariah is her own person and I love that about her as well. She is so resilient and consistent... whenever there was a tragedy in the US during her lifetime... she was there to heal her countries wounds... whenever there was something celebratory going on, she was there to remind everyone that all we have to do is look inside ourselves and what not.

The longer she lives, the more she will be appreciated (if she continues to present herself in a reasonable fashion).

I can already see it... when she's 80 or 90.. she will reap one special lifetime award after the other and be revered like a deity.

I always have this picture in my head of a far far future... when 80 y.o. Mariah and her "friends" Céline, Madonna & Janet will be invited to something (like Oprah's legends ball) and be worshipped for who they are and that they've survived it all and celebrated for their impact and grace.

My Chart

Comment

The more I think about this the more disgusted I am that Jay--Z and Mary J Blige were able to land a nomination before Mariah. It's insulting.
                                        I don't care one bit for that organization. Mariah is one of the greatest legends alive... she should have been inducted upon first year eligible (2015). I also don't know what song must do to be inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame... is there any other song (which is not yet in it) more impactful and beloved than AIWFCIY? Even before the streaming era, the song was THE most successful xmas song on digital track sales.
                                        My Chart

Comment

Here you go....

On streaming sweetie.

Comment

• The Grammy controversy last year revealed that all it takes is just one insider on the voting committee to secure a nomination for their endorsee. Everyone says they don't care about awards or inductions...until she wins something or is inducted. Those who said she didn't need the SHoF when she was snubbed, now list it among her highest achievements. The GHoF and R&RHoF are systematically biased and even corrupt but the truth is that they have clout as cultural institutions.
                                            To get in the 'club' requires networking and campaigning. I believe it is time that Mariah is inducted into the R&R Hall. The #InductJanet campaign was persistent for years. Eventually it reached Questlove who is on the voting committee. Thus Janet was inducted. The same can happen for Mariah, if the fans are able to assemble with as much determination as they did to get her legacy albums at the top of the iTunes charts.
                                            The R&R Hall is under new leadership, and you can see the changes in the nominations: more women, and particularly black women nominated. Mariah is in a better position than, say, Cher or Dolly Parton. We should start the momentum now, before artists 10 years her junior become eligible and maybe even inducted before her.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDC View Post
                                              The Grammy controversy last year revealed that all it takes is just one insider on the voting committee to secure a nomination for their endorsee. Everyone says they don't care about awards or inductions...until she wins something or is inducted. Those who said she didn't need the SHoF when she was snubbed, now list it among her highest achievements. The GHoF and R&RHoF are systematically biased and even corrupt but the truth is that they have clout as cultural institutions.
                                              To get in the 'club' requires networking and campaigning. I believe it is time that Mariah is inducted into the R&R Hall. The #InductJanet campaign was persistent for years. Eventually it reached Questlove who is on the voting committee. Thus Janet was inducted. The same can happen for Mariah, if the fans are able to assemble with as much determination as they did to get her legacy albums at the top of the iTunes charts.
                                              The R&R Hall is under new leadership, and you can see the changes in the nominations: more women, and particularly black women nominated. Mariah is in a better position than, say, Cher or Dolly Parton. We should start the momentum now, before artists 10 years her junior become eligible and maybe even inducted before her.
                                              Lambs are pretty average at organising anything outside of iTunes LOL.

Mariah needs something like the Framing Britney documentary where it puts a lense on the injustices against her and builds public sympathy.

Comment

• The Al B. Rich Inspiration Mix - Radio Edit kinda slaps.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

I agree... nobody takes her seriously as an artist. (especially in the US). I mean she has won an Ivor Novello Award in the UK which is the highest award for songwirters in the country and remains unrecognized in any shape or form in her home country.

well, the songwriter's hall of fame is a right step forward.

What I can't forget is that her entire Butterfly era received 3 Grammy nominations... (nothing for the album tho)... and that's a high crime. It's one thing to lose (and Mariah lost 99% of her nominations), but to not even be nominated with what is perceived as her finest musical work to this date... is ridiculous to me.

I also think that her beauty is something that keeps blocking her way to more recognition... If she wear ugly as fark, had leprosy scars on her face and were morbidly obese, she could have gotten a few more awards... but much like Dolly Parton... Mariah looks like a Barbie doll and often talks like an ignorant girl (we all know that that's only banter for her)... Mariah is her own person and I love that about her as well. She is so resilient and consistent... whenever there was a tragedy in the US during her lifetime... she was there to heal her countries wounds... whenever there was something celebratory going on, she was there to remind everyone that all we have to do is look inside ourselves and what not.

The longer she lives, the more she will be appreciated (if she continues to present herself in a reasonable fashion).

I can already see it... when she's 80 or 90.. she will reap one special lifetime award after the other and be revered like a deity.

I always have this picture in my head of a far far future... when 80 y.o. Mariah and her "friends" Céline, Madonna & Janet will be invited to something (like Oprah's legends ball) and be worshipped for who they are and that they've survived it all and celebrated for their impact and grace.
                                                  Don't get your hopes up. The world is toxic and there's still people waiting for her next downfall. The sort of comments and lack of public understanding in her runs deep.

The world has changed, you have alot of access to legends (or soon to be legends) nowadays unlike the earlier years (i.e. the era before Mariah), things were more mysterious and helps people build an image in their mind of their favorites being actual deities; untouchable and every performance was like a blessing (cause they never visit your country). Take it from me, I use to think Michael Jackson's statue during the HISTORY era was real and that he was indeed godlike. Nowadays it's all on social media, and you seem to know everything and there's a cconcious effort for stars to be relateable. For that reason, it looses it's godlike adoration that people use to have.

Also,

Unlike Whitney who for a time was ontop of the world and highly respected for her vocal talent that once she was gone and everything was washed away (including the state of her voice towards the end) the general public were able to hold onto their original love of her and her talent. In some ways (and a bad thing to say I know) she left at the right time, had she left a few years later when the sting of the vocal degradation really hit I don't think her legacy would've be as intact as it is now.

Mariah (fortunately cause she's still here and unfortunately) has to live and make do with the degradation in her voice in her later years. She has come back multiple times however she's never really had a lengthy public adoration momment, every high was followed up with devastating lows. Also her highs whilst commercially massive, the general public couldn't care less now that she was big back when she had Music Box and Daydream or even TEOM. She never commanded that universal adoration like Whitney did in the 80s up to I Will Always Love You.

Also, i surely hope we don't get Kelly Rowland, Joe, JoJo, Torii tribute to Mariah (no disrespect to them but they're not icons or legends).
                                                  Last edited by skylynx; Thu February 11, 2021, 01:35.

Comment

Also, i surely hope we don't get Kelly Rowland, Joe, JoJo, Torii tribute to Mariah (no disrespect to them but they're not icons or legends).
                                                    That's the biggest problem... nobody could actually make one of her more legendary and therefore more demanding songs work, other than herself.

I fully agree that a line-up like that would be depressing... albeit they are all talented people. Let's just hope that Mariah live to 120 or so... so that we don't have endure such tributes.
                                                    My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                    X