Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
    Has the Vimeo been taken down? Fuming!
    Yes, hours ago

    Also all YT links were taken down.

    Hopefully they're uploading it officially soon.

    Comment


    • #scammys is still trending 'cause all the snubs and 'cause the tribute to Selena 'cause they only showed a picture of her for like 2 seconds. Her fans are mad af.

      Also now that I'm thinking, someone mentioned that a female artist declined 'cause they snubbed her 3 years ago, and I remember the Scammys posting like a lot about Mariah through all the holiday season, so it was probably her after all.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Shaka View Post
        #scammys is still trending 'cause all the snubs and 'cause the tribute to Selena 'cause they only showed a picture of her for like 2 seconds. Her fans are mad af.

        Also now that I'm thinking, someone mentioned that a female artist declined 'cause they snubbed her 3 years ago, and I remember the Scammys posting like a lot about Mariah through all the holiday season, so it was probably her after all.
        I missed this. What did the artist decline? Performing?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Shaka View Post
          #scammys is still trending 'cause all the snubs and 'cause the tribute to Selena 'cause they only showed a picture of her for like 2 seconds. Her fans are mad af.

          Also now that I'm thinking, someone mentioned that a female artist declined 'cause they snubbed her 3 years ago, and I remember the Scammys posting like a lot about Mariah through all the holiday season, so it was probably her after all.
          Or Halsey.
          Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
          Pronouns: He / Him

          Comment


          • Originally posted by allygdale View Post
            Remember when Billie Eilish asked Mimi to collab?

            Honestly it would be a moment

            Her love for hip-hop and R&B is real, her little speech to Megan The Stallion seemed very genuine to me

            WaitYourTurn omg! I’m slain by your talent!
            Gurl that was a fake account
            Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
            Pronouns: He / Him

            Comment


            • btw, "Fantasy" is still charting on US iTunes Top 150 (entering its fifth day on there!).

              Comment


              • Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                I missed this. What did the artist decline? Performing?
                It was posted here yesterday:

                Talking about Beyonce turning down to perform at the Grammy's this year, the producer (Ben Winston) also revealed that another unnamed star had turned down an offer to perform “because she was like, ‘I got snubbed three years ago, and I’m still annoyed about it.’”

                At first I was like, is this Mariah? They snubbed her critically-acclaimed 2018 Caution album. But then again, I thought the Grammy's did not just snub her in 2019 but almost all her showbiz life lol.
                The list could be large, but I found it suspicious that they were posting about Mariah like every week during Nov/Dec 2020.

                Comment


                • I just realised that the video of Where I belong the color grading was totally changed big time... On the bts pix what she's wearing is like red but on the vid it was now blood red and she looks like one of the Cullens

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Shaka View Post

                    It was posted here yesterday:



                    The list could be large, but I found it suspicious that they were posting about Mariah like every week during Nov/Dec 2020.
                    Interesting!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Shaka View Post

                      The list could be large, but I found it suspicious that they were posting about Mariah like every week during Nov/Dec 2020.
                      Everybody wants to explore Mariah's image in Nov/Dec. The problem is that they ignore her existence in the rest of the year.

                      Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
                      Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
                      Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                        Just done my top poster votes and realised after 15 years on ukmix I don’t really know any names outside of the Mariah threads haha
                        Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                        LMAO, same!
                        There's an 'outside of the Mariah threads'?



                        Who woulda what now?
                        MESMARIAHSING!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by leoavalon View Post
                          Everybody wants to explore Mariah's image in Nov/Dec. The problem is that they ignore her existence in the rest of the year.
                          Mariah is always good for rating tho.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by SomeonesUglyDaughter View Post
                            I just realised that the video of Where I belong the color grading was totally changed big time... On the bts pix what she's wearing is like red but on the vid it was now blood red and she looks like one of the Cullens
                            Stop, you make me want to see the video so bad!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post



                              There's an 'outside of the Mariah threads'?



                              Who woulda what now?
                              Haha!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                                There's an 'outside of the Mariah threads'?

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by Shaka View Post

                                  Stop, you make me want to see the video so bad!
                                  Also, I didn’t realise Busta was of Muslim faith? The fact that the leading lady was in full Niqab led me to do some Google searching for the relevance and that must be the relevance!

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by SomeonesUglyDaughter View Post
                                    I just realised that the video of Where I belong the color grading was totally changed big time... On the bts pix what she's wearing is like red but on the vid it was now blood red and she looks like one of the Cullens
                                    In the pics the dress looks more like bordeaux or maroon.

                                    Comment


                                    • Comment


                                      • Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                        To think she got slated for that look!

                                        in fairness, a lot of the looks she got slated for have been copied over the years. She was ahead of her time!

                                        Comment


                                        • WaitYourTurn that was incredible, you’re so talented
                                          ...as I close my eyes, steady my feet on the ground.....

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by monarcbutterfly View Post
                                            WaitYourTurn that was incredible, you’re so talented
                                            Thank you!

                                            I’m overwhelmed with all the lovely feedback. You guuyyyyys!

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by Shaka View Post

                                              The list could be large, but I found it suspicious that they were posting about Mariah like every week during Nov/Dec 2020.
                                              I don’t think this would be Mariah. Why would Mariah be invited to perform when she hasn’t released an album in 3 years? Generally only nominated artists are invited to perform. Also if we’re talking about Mariah’s Grammy snubs, Caution is nowhere near the top of the long list. This could have been Ariana. She was unhappy about ‘Thank u, next’ getting shut out (although that was only last year so who knows)... like you said, the list could be large.

                                              Comment


                                              • Mariah turned 30 and AIW extended/broke records, so they probably wanted to give a Lifetime Achievement or something special. I think it's perfectly possible that they asked her to go and perform.

                                                But from Mariah's point it was perfect to decline: she did not have a project (only Where I Belong but they are not putting too much there). And probably it would be an awkward position to accept something from a community that snubbed you time and time again...

                                                Still I think she'll come to terms with Grammys in the future. NOt sure they'll award anything to her but she'll get recognition one way or the other and she'll graciously accept it and celebrate. Every single big award show snubbed BIG names and eventually tried to amend mistakes.
                                                CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
                                                FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE


                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by Binky View Post

                                                  I don’t think this would be Mariah. Why would Mariah be invited to perform when she hasn’t released an album in 3 years? Generally only nominated artists are invited to perform. Also if we’re talking about Mariah’s Grammy snubs, Caution is nowhere near the top of the long list. This could have been Ariana. She was unhappy about ‘Thank u, next’ getting shut out (although that was only last year so who knows)... like you said, the list could be large.
                                                  Yeah the list is large.

                                                  I think with Mariah, in general, it is better not to expect any sort of recognition even if we think it is deserved.
                                                  See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                                                  Comment


                                                  • One thing to keep in mind with awards/Grammys etc is the promo campaign for recognition.

                                                    It is almost always the case that Mariah's label and managerial team never actively campaign. For example, this was EPIC's only (known) overture for Caution:




                                                    So, IMO, this issue is much larger than Grammy recognition.
                                                    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X