Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Mariah is always good for rating tho.
    She surely is. But it never encourage the Grammies to put her on the spotlight.

I mean, the last time she performed was 15 years ago. Since then she had 3 other #1s and 6 albums that were completely ignored. That's crazy!
    Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
    Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
    Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

Comment

• I'm curious to see whether MC and her publishers submit TMOMC Audiobook for consideration.
      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
        I'm curious to see whether MC and her publishers submit TMOMC Audiobook for consideration.
        She's not eligible until next year, and even if she's nominated, the award is probably going to Barack Obama.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
          To think she got slated for that look!

in fairness, a lot of the looks she got slated for have been copied over the years. She was ahead of her time!
          That look is iconic #campyriah

Her best look IMO was the one at VMAs 1997, that look was absolutely iconic and was copied SO MANY times. She looked like a total Goddess.

And btw, Bey's outfit from last night at Grammy's (which I find hideous) is similar to something that Mariah wore in '17.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leo View Post
            Mariah turned 30 and AIW extended/broke records, so they probably wanted to give a Lifetime Achievement or something special. I think it's perfectly possible that they asked her to go and perform.

But from Mariah's point it was perfect to decline: she did not have a project (only Where I Belong but they are not putting too much there). And probably it would be an awkward position to accept something from a community that snubbed you time and time again...
            Yeah, it's not crazy to think about it.

She released a new album (The Rarities) and STD was kinda of a "single" if you want.

But we know what Mariah thinks of the Grammy's so I understand that she declined - in the case it was her.

Comment

• Comment

• Sometimes nodules fvck up certain registers or different parts of your voice. They really are a pain in the ass.

How did Mariah Carey's nodules affected her in Austria? (2012)

I think also the altitude played a trick on her that day.

Comment

• Originally posted by argrow View Post

She's not eligible until next year, and even if she's nominated, the award is probably going to Barack Obama.
                  Yeah, which is why I only wondered if they will submit it for consideration.

Also, I think there will be more in the coming months to put focus on the book.
                  See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Mariah will keep extending her record that's Queen Behaviour!

Comment

• LMAO, the ending is hilarious she's been doing that for years now!

Comment

Mariah will keep extending her record that's Queen Behaviour!
                        the fact that Drake is already at 51 weeks.. is worrying. One forgettable trash song following the next. I am disgusted.
                        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                          the fact that Drake is already at 51 weeks.. is worrying. One forgettable trash song following the next. I am disgusted.
                          Don't worry.
                          Now it's all about to debut at #1 and stay at the top for 1 week . The song will leave the Top 5 on its 2nd week.

Cardi's "Up" is projected to go #1 next week, I hope she gets it!

Comment

• Mariah Carey Says Her Voice Gets “SCREWED UP” When THIS Happens...

Comment

• I think Mariah will have more respect for the Grammys once they decide to show her more respect (through more nominations and wins). I think that will eventually happen. Mariah is reaching “veteran status” and will hopefully be shown more love someday soon by the Recording Academy.

As for her eligibility next year, that might include:

R&B Album - The Rarities

Traditional R&B Performance - “We Belong Together (Late Nite)” or “Always Be My Baby (New Version)” or any cut from The Rarities

Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media - Mariah Carey’s Magical Christmas Special

Best Spoken Word Album: The Meaning of Mariah Carey

P.S. The artist that the Grammy producer was talking about declining to appear/perform was Ariana Grande I believe in 2019 when she had submitted Sweetener. Her album was widely predicted to be nominated in the General Field, but she was snubbed there and she didn’t appear at the show (even though she ended up winning her first Grammy then).

Comment

That look is iconic #campyriah

Her best look IMO was the one at VMAs 1997, that look was absolutely iconic and was copied SO MANY times. She looked like a total Goddess.

And btw, Bey's outfit from last night at Grammy's (which I find hideous) is similar to something that Mariah wore in '17.
                                Yeah that was a good look! I loved the seven years in Tibet look.

ditto! I also thought Bey looked a bit like 17riah last night! Haha

Comment

ditto! I also thought Bey looked a bit like 17riah last night! Haha
                                  LMAO, IKR?!
                                  I thought the same!

Btw:

Mariah can go to better shows

Comment

• The Grammys are dead. They mean nothing these days

Comment

• Hopefully Beyonce sweeps the board next year again, even fewer people tune in to watch it and they will scrap the Scammies for good!
                                      Unless they have really huge household names like Mariah or Madonna etc. - nobody's watching!
                                      Last edited by oneofone; Mon March 15, 2021, 21:20.

Comment

Mariah Carey Says Her Voice Gets “SCREWED UP” When THIS Happens...

so sad :( I think the second she hears a crack, she just gets very aware of her voice and the audience, over thinks everything and her throat tenses up.

Comment

so sad :( I think the second she hears a crack, she just gets very aware of her voice and the audience, over thinks everything and her throat tenses up.
                                          I know.
                                          And it's a shame 'cause she still SO capable vocally.
                                          She's always had stage fright but all went down dramatically after Rockefeller.

Imagine Mariah with Whitney's stage presence and confidence. She would be unstoppable even these days.

Comment

• It all comes down to rest and confidence, both are present now

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                              It all comes down to rest and confidence, both are present now
                                              Yeah, she’s in her Lane at the moment!

Shaka she would kill with Whitney’s confidence! Hell, Whitney was even confident on stage when her instrument stopped working all together in Australia that time.

Comment

LMAO, IKR?!
                                                I thought the same!

Btw:

Mariah can go to better shows
                                                Does that include people who watch it on live streams via internet?
                                                Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                                Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Award shows' ratings this year have been dreadful because of the pandemic,

But Mariah's peak years (1996 & 2006) have been some of the lowest-rated Grammys ever (I tried to paste the image but the forum didnt allow me):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammy...ts_and_ratings

Comment

Mariah Carey Says Her Voice Gets “SCREWED UP” When THIS Happens...

I think a part of this as well is that all her good vocals on tours are usually after the first few dates. Big TV performances seem to come at the start of an era when she maybe hasn't been singing full songs in one go as regularly rather than bits and pieces in a studio.

Like if she had done a TV performance after the 3 nights at the Royal Albert Hall in 2019 she would've killed it

Comment

Working...
                                                    X