Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kaloki View Post
    We're still on bye bye

The whole "this is for my people" bit I actually like, and the first verse is ok, but the rest is just absolutely rubbish. Cringe lyrics with a nonsensical video, and a big key change that doesn't actually hit that much.
    She was literally trying to recreate the GOAT climax there. There’s only 1 Jesus.

Comment

• I'm listening to Glitter right now. And boy oh boy this album is a masterclass of bops and ballads. her most well balanced album.
      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
        She was literally trying to recreate the GOAT climax there. There’s only 1 Jesus.
        Fantasy outsold.
        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Xmas View Post

I think it’s not a matter of budget but rather of Mariah not “being there” anymore to support the project. From what I remember the whole secret wedding / honeymoon took her off the promo schedule and they had to delay the release of the video and then she had that weird “lifeless stage presence” phase where she appeared completely dead inside while trying to sing Bye Bye on Tv when the promo started again… Not sure if it was linked with the trying to have a baby / miscarriage situation but she seemed to not be in the mood anymore to promote E=MC2. I think during that time she was just madly in love and wanted to do other things than promote an album no matter what the single
          she would have not been there to promote and support it
          This is not why the Bye Bye video was low budget. She wasn't with Nick until they started to film the video.
          Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• When E=MC2 was released, Mariah was super hot - both in terms of reputation (coming off TEOM) and physically. It was Party-Riah and she should have just released TMB, Migrate, IBLYLT. All good time songs that people can have fun with. Anything after that could have been a bonus. I like ByeBye lyrics but the lyrics are too cringe and commercial - blatantly written for maximum relevancy to everyone, therefore appealing to no-one.

As for the SNL Migrate performance, I remember watching it and hating it, but now when I watch it, I am amazed how well she did. I think the mix/levels on the songs for tv was wrong. The studio song has great instrumentals and backing vocals that are an important part of the song. On the live performance, the instrumentals are dulled down and the backing vocals aren't as prominent, making the song sound "empty" during the SNL performance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
              She tried to do that multiple times
              " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
              Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Since we’re discussing Migrate! I personally like the performance. Not a showstopper but it’s not meant to be. I love her swagger!

http://marcokircher.com
                http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                IG: marco235

Comment

• Originally posted by Almond View Post
                  When E=MC2 was released, Mariah was super hot - both in terms of reputation (coming off TEOM) and physically. It was Party-Riah and she should have just released TMB, Migrate, IBLYLT. All good time songs that people can have fun with. Anything after that could have been a bonus. I like ByeBye lyrics but the lyrics are too cringe and commercial - blatantly written for maximum relevancy to everyone, therefore appealing to no-one.

As for the SNL Migrate performance, I remember watching it and hating it, but now when I watch it, I am amazed how well she did. I think the mix/levels on the songs for tv was wrong. The studio song has great instrumentals and backing vocals that are an important part of the song. On the live performance, the instrumentals are dulled down and the backing vocals aren't as prominent, making the song sound "empty" during the SNL performance.
                  ThiS!!!

Comment

• The visuals dahling....

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                      The visuals dahling....

it was beautiful visually but very boring and lazy performance with mariah so stiff and emotionless. her best caution era performance is TD she was so alive and having fun and the song sounded amazing live

Comment

• oops.

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

it was beautiful visually but very boring and lazy performance with mariah so stiff and emotionless. her best caution era performance is TD she was so alive and having fun and the song sounded amazing live
                          Yes that was a great performance !
                          " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                          Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Yes that was a great performance !
                            Imagine if it was TD performance on that awards show instead of WY with a much wider audience. Probably would’ve been more people interested to check it out after cause WY performance probably no one cared for it

Comment

• Originally posted by Xmas View Post
                              Realized that one of the thing that makes me appreciate Caution to such a degree is that it was not “creatively lazy”. And I mean by that that she stayed away from the “winning” formulas. No Gospel infused song to close the album la Fly Like A Bird / I Wish You Well / Heavenly. No Disco infused song la Get Your Number / I’m That Chick / YDKWTD and no soapy covers la Against All Odds / IWTKWLI / One More Try. It was all really refreshing, bold and mature. Really her best album of the last 20 years if not ever. I hope she can still surprise me with the next project!
                              I agree.
                              Caution is different from any of her other albums.
                              It's really a stand-out in her vast catalog and that makes me appreciate it even more.
                              Also the fact that she's still serving that kind of quality after 28 years

Rn it ranks as my fave album after Butterfly and above Charmie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sebastian View Post
                                What downgrades Bye Bye for me is the production tbh. However the vocals on the climax are a total slay.
                                I really like the vocals.
                                It's a great song, but yeah, production-wise could've been better.

Originally posted by Sebastian View Post
                                This. Migrate would've done amazing during the summer. But oh well. The whole E=MC2 singles situation is very frustrating for the lambs but I wonder how Mariah felt/feels about it, it probably took a toll on her too.
                                She basically left everything at that point because of Nick.

I'm sure she doesn't remember that whole Era as a good thing/decision LOL, except for TMB of course.
                                I mean, the Einstein Era kick-off couldn't have been better.

Then... oh well.

Sh1t happens

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                  I'm playing FILAC right now. I think it's that good. What a return to epic music-making it was.
                                  I love FILAC.
                                  But now I'm only listen to the Arlo Mix.

Originally posted by HereForMariah View Post
                                  I play the Cutmore and Arlo remixes regularly. They sound like regular pop songs, not Christmas music. I wish a movie or something would pick them up because the remixes have the best vibe.
                                  Yeah, exactly.
                                  She did that.

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                  I'm listening to Glitter right now. And boy oh boy this album is a masterclass of bops and ballads. her most well balanced album.
                                  Yes, it is.
                                  The bops are a slay and the ballads on it are top-notch.
                                  Imagine having the masterpieces that Lead The Way, Never Too Far, Reflections and Twister are in the same album

I only wish she would have included Lillie's Blues (Can't Turn You Loose) un-pitched version with her real voice, at least as a bonus track (or a "leak" ).

Comment

The moment I saw her in that dress that couldn't let her move at all I knew it wouldn't be a good idea lol
                                    Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                                    www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by Almond View Post
                                      When E=MC2 was released, Mariah was super hot - both in terms of reputation (coming off TEOM) and physically. It was Party-Riah and she should have just released TMB, Migrate, IBLYLT. All good time songs that people can have fun with. Anything after that could have been a bonus. I like ByeBye lyrics but the lyrics are too cringe and commercial - blatantly written for maximum relevancy to everyone, therefore appealing to no-one.
                                      I agree.
                                      People was there for party-riah looking like a supermodel.
                                      The only "obscure" track that could have worked would've been Side Effects 'cause it sounds like a banger.

I was watching the Kimmel performances from '08 and people were crazy with the bops.

Originally posted by Almond View Post
                                      The worst part from that performance is the freaking lack of reverb.
                                      Mic was as dry as a desert
                                      She sounded really good actually.

Anyway, she needs to work with Danja again.

Comment

I hate the fact that Fallon deleted the performance from their official channel.
                                        She looked and sounded fab and she was acting quite free and comfortable.

Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                        Imagine if it was TD performance on that awards show instead of WY with a much wider audience. Probably would’ve been more people interested to check it out after cause WY performance probably no one cared for it
                                        Nah.
                                        She should have performed Caution (song) on there.

Originally posted by Sebastian View Post
                                        The moment I saw her in that dress that couldn't let her move at all I knew it wouldn't be a good idea lol
                                        Well, it was a very mellow ballad.
                                        She wasn't supposed to do a choreo or even run or walk.
                                        I missed some hand action tho

But the performance per s (I mean visually) was very eye-catching and creative, and made some headlines because of that.

I much prefer the GMA performance tho, loved the casual look, she looked so young and hot.

Her tone was gorgeous despite her being sick.

Comment

• I love ratchetriah.
                                          Don't mess with her.

Comment

• The way she nailed this look.

Also this one from the Heartbreaker Remix BTS (loooooooove her hair like that!)

Mariah in gold or yellow is always a win.

Comment

• Talking of things that went wrong with E=MC2.... How can it be that the Hills version of ITC is top 10 all time Mariah songs, but the album version is one of her absolute worst songs?

Proper singing and better production and that song would've been #1 for weeks

Comment

• Again, Touch My Body downloadable today... but, anyway, this goes something like this!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

I much prefer the GMA performance tho, loved the casual look, she looked so young and hot.

Her tone was gorgeous despite her being sick.
                                                  I love thia performance but i hate the fact that the mic is in the middle of her face, makes me anxious lol

Comment

• Just an observation...

I just heard the new Meghan and Dua Lipa collaboration... isn't it funny how a "big" lead single from nowadays sounds like something that Mariah churned as just a casual remix back in day?! mariah made these type of songs in her sleep.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X