Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
    Mariah Carey - attempting the Eb5 in Hero "IT'SSSSS A long road" (1998-2020)

Beacon'14Riah sounded EXACTLY like DaydremRiah, it's crazy.

stop lying
    Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• Has anyone tried Mariah's Cookies? Are they good? I'm sending cookies to a colleague, and really don't want to buy Tiff's Treats for the hundredth time.

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
      Guys, who still buying Fantasy? Still quite high on iTunes after like 6 days
      Is Fantasy having a moment? Let me go spend these iTunes credits. I discovered The Tom Tom Club because of this song.

Maybe it's just me, but it took years for the the Sweet Dub Mix to grow on me. It was the only skippable track on the album for me. And now that song is When I Saw You. I know it's a lamb favorite, but

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
        I wonder what she is up to? Still recording vocals? She ain’t got time for social media, no complaints though!
        If hope she’s inspired herself with the valentines WBT and we get some material like that. It was the most progressive we’ve heard her sound in such a long time (with the exception of GML)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaloki View Post

I think a part of this as well is that all her good vocals on tours are usually after the first few dates. Big TV performances seem to come at the start of an era when she maybe hasn't been singing full songs in one go as regularly rather than bits and pieces in a studio.

Like if she had done a TV performance after the 3 nights at the Royal Albert Hall in 2019 she would've killed it
          Her vocals on Endless Love were exquisite. I sent the video to someone who teases me about still liking her, and got crickets as a response.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Absolutely! That song is timeless.

I loved that ad that sings Fantasy using three languages
            Do you guys remember where you were the first time you heard Fantasy?

I saw it on TV and was immediately captivated. My mum had Daydream, so I used to steal it from her so I could listen to that song on repeat in my bedroom.
            Oddly, I wasn’t interested in the rest of the album... the obsession came later, the first time I heard My All!

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post

I’ve never shared any of my performances on UKMix, or let on that I did reality tv, but you asked nicely and I’m feeling brave, so here you go, my blind audition

https://youtu.be/iTBs3vaVnvM
              I remember watching this!

Talented and Hot!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dash08 View Post

I remember watching this!

Talented and Hot!
                You little beauty. Thank you

Comment

• THREE DAYS left to vote in the Mariah Carey Discography Rate. You may vote for as many songs as you know/like. The more the better. See more info here:
                  https://www.ukmix.org/forum/music-di...s-left-to-vote

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

I saw it on TV and was immediately captivated. My mum had Daydream, so I used to steal it from her so I could listen to that song on repeat in my bedroom.
                    Oddly, I wasn’t interested in the rest of the album... the obsession came later, the first time I heard My All!
                    I heard it while I was in the car. It had me thinking of Dreamlover, but it took me a while to appreciate it as much as Dreamlover.

When buying the album, my instant favorites were Underneath The Stars, Always Be My Baby, Long Ago, Melt Away and Forever.
                    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

I heard it while I was in the car. It had me thinking of Dreamlover, but it took me a while to appreciate it as much as Dreamlover.

When buying the album, my instant favorites were Underneath The Stars, Always Be My Baby, Long Ago, Melt Away and Forever.
                      so many instant favs on that album. It’s actually not one of my favourite Mariah albums by any stretch but it’s beauty and consistency can’t be denied. It changed the musics landscape as we know it. Possibly her most culturally influential album along with Butterfly.

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                        I wonder what she is up to? Still recording vocals? She ain’t got time for social media, no complaints though!
                        Vocals for #SUD?
                        Take your time gurl if that's the case, slay us alt-riah

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

THREE DAYS left to vote in the Mariah Carey Discography Rate. You may vote for as many songs as you know/like. The more the better. See more info here:
                          https://www.ukmix.org/forum/music-di...s-left-to-vote

Voted!
                          http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post
                            Is Fantasy having a moment? Let me go spend these iTunes credits. I discovered The Tom Tom Club because of this song.
                            A little moment, yes!
                            There was a TikTok Challenge with the song and it's been charting on US iTunes Top 200 around the 130/170 area for like 6 days already (currently at #174).

Thanks to those sales, Fantasy debuted on this week's Billboard R&B Digital Song Sales chart at #13.

Comment

Vocals for #SUD?
                              Take your time gurl if that's the case, slay us alt-riah
                              I wish. I need that album, I just hope she doesn’t change the production because it’s perfect as it is

Comment

If hope she’s inspired herself with the valentines WBT and we get some material like that. It was the most progressive we’ve heard her sound in such a long time (with the exception of GML)
                                Yasss, I'm still listening to that performance (and the extended version) on a daily basis. It puts a smile in my face!

Love what she did there.

More of that, gurl!

Comment

Well, I "discovered" her in '99 and was hooked with Rainbow at that time, so I didn't pay attention to her ealier stuff.
                                  It was around 2000 - before Glitter - and man, I loved that song since the first listen. Kinda reminded me of Heartbreaker at that moment, you know, she uses those similar chords & melodies (like in also Dreamlover for example) - as she explained in The Lost Interview.

Discovering Butterfly was A MOMENT.
                                  I vividly remember the first time I heard My All. The guitar. I was in love.
                                  I was at a friend's house and the song started to play, the place full of people, and for me it was like my world literally stopped for 3 minutes.

#memories
                                  Last edited by Shaka; Wed March 17, 2021, 01:15.

Comment

so many instant favs on that album. It’s actually not one of my favourite Mariah albums by any stretch but it’s beauty and consistency can’t be denied. It changed the musics landscape as we know it. Possibly her most culturally influential album along with Butterfly.
                                    I agree, Daydream it's not my favorite album (it would be like at #5 or #6) and Fantasy it's not my most played song at all (I even prefer the Remix, I mean the Sweet Dub Mix, over the original).

That being said I think Daydream is PERFECTION, it's just that other albums hit me harder.

And of course no one can deny the impact of Fantasy Remix in the music game.

Comment

Well, I "dicovered" her in '99 and was hooked with Rainbow at that time, so I didn't pay attention to her ealier stuff.
                                      It was around 2000 - before Glitter - and man, I loved that song since the first listen. Kinda reminded me of Heartbreaker at that moment, you know, she uses those similar chords & melodies (like in also Dreamlover for example) - as she explained in The Lost Interview.

Discovering Butterfly was A MOMENT.
                                      I vividly remember the first time I heard My All. The guitar. I was in love.
                                      I was at a friend's house and the song started to play, the place full of people, and for me it was like my world literally stopped for 3 minutes.

#memories
                                      Beautiful story. I would pay to hear Butterfly for the first time, it was a life changing album for me. Rainbow and Glitter for the first time again. The latter two came about when I was in my late teens and the memories attached are insane. FOR THE NOSTALGIA!

urgh, can it be 97-01 again. Music is so tired and uninspired. That was THE time for music

Comment

I wish. I need that album, I just hope she doesn’t change the production because it’s perfect as it is
                                        Yes.
                                        Keep it raw and natural.
                                        Also I want to listen how her Daydream voice sounded on those tracks.
                                        That's gonna be interesting 'cause (her voice) it was at its lightest/girliest in terms of tonal quality during that year.
                                        I want to hear that contrast.

Comment

• My memory is rusty did they record the Royal Albert Hall shows?

Comment

Beautiful story. I would pay to hear Butterfly for the first time, it was a life changing album for me. Rainbow and Glitter for the first time again. The latter two came about when I was in my late teens and the memories attached are insane. FOR THE NOSTALGIA!

urgh, can it be 97-01 again. Music is so tired and uninspired. That was THE time for music
                                            Thanks

Butterfly hit me hard af. I couldn't process all that perfection, I was way too young and didn't understand lots of things.

That being said, Charmbracelet was the album that hit me harder and the one that made me a lamb. I don't know why. It's so special. It's like magic. But I guess it's not for everyone. And that's ok!

And yeah, comparing the music from the 90s with what's popular now, it's like

Comment

• Originally posted by naughtynae View Post
                                              My memory is rusty did they record the Royal Albert Hall shows?
                                              Nope that we know of, but they should.

Comment

Thanks

Butterfly hit me hard af. I couldn't process all that perfection, I was way too young and didn't understand lots of things.

That being said, Charmbracelet was the album that hit me harder and the one that made me a lamb. I don't know why. It's so special. It's like magic. But I guess it's not for everyone. And that's ok!

And yeah, comparing the music from the 90s with what's popular now, it's like
                                                I feel you - Charmbracelet came out two months after I started university, so I played it 500 times a day throughout uni, so it’s another one I have all sorts of happy memories associated to.

for me, Glitter was when I Rainbow/Glitter was when I became devoted. Before that I was a fan but by Glitter, I was spending my weekends in charity shops hunting out rare and old singles and growing my shrine. It was also when I first listened to her first two albums. Before that, I was 16/17 and they just looked like old trashy 80’s albums and I wasn’t really interested. I knew the hits off them from #1’s but didn’t know the album cuts.
                                                disocvering the debut was another huge moment for me. I was and still am obsessed with every single track.

aaaaah, I love these nostalgic conversations and hearing about individual people’s associations with each era

Comment

• Comment

aaaaah, I love these nostalgic conversations and hearing about individual people’s associations with each era
                                                    Yeah, you associate a part or a moment of your life to an album and that makes it more special.

I love to hear these types of stories. Bring all the nostalgia! <3

Share your memories bishes, with either songs or albums or Eras

Comment

Working...
                                                    X