Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Yeah, you associate a part or a moment of your life to an album and that makes it more special.

I love to hear these types of stories. Bring all the nostalgia! <3

Share your memories bishes, with either songs or albums or Eras
    Part of me actually misses all her videos not being very accessible and waiting by the tv on the off chance you would catch one of her song on a music channel. I would get instant butterflies and turn the volume straight up (particularly Loverboy because none of the tv channels were playing it and I LOVED the video and the la chapelle colours)!
    Or going on Mariah daily and finding rare stuff you’d never seen before, downloading it in poor quality, to be able to see it.
    it’s bitter sweet because we now have every single Mariah video performance in history at the click of a button. but those butterflies you’d get in your stomach from seeing flicking onto one of her videos on tv is gone for ever.

im off to sleep, I’m getting too into this conversation and I’ll be up all night!

Night all!

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn
      Part of me actually misses all her videos not being very accessible and waiting by the tv on the off chance you would catch one of her songs on a music channel. I would get instant butterflies and turn the volume straight up (particularly Loverboy because none of the tv channels were playing it and I LOVED the video and the la chapelle colours)!
      Or going on Mariah daily and finding rare stuff you’d never seen before, downloading it in poor quality, to be able to see it.
      it’s bitter sweet because we now have every single Mariah video/performance in history at the click of a button. but those butterflies you’d get in your stomach from seeing flicking onto one of her videos on tv is gone for ever.

im off to sleep, I’m getting too into this conversation and I’ll be up all night!

Night all!
      Triple post!

Yeah, those times were really amazing, it was all way more exciting!

I loooove rare stuff, especially live performances (either from the early 90s or from the CB Tour, or some "private" show). Now I'm crazy about Vanishing at NARM for example. I want it. I need it!

Oh, Mariah Daily <3

Comment

• Daydream was amazing on first listen.
        I used to love When I Saw You, but over the years it's gone down the list of songs (the production is just... not great).
        Long Ago is the other one I can't get into.

But there's still this great immense feel about the album that supports its standing as a Mariah classic. I still remember how huge it was back in 95/96.
        MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Nice to get this performance in "good quality".

The other vids literally suck and this was such a gorgeous and rare rendition.

(Remastered) Mariah Carey - Petals/Rainbow (Rosie O'Donnell Show 2000)

Comment

A little moment, yes!
            There was a TikTok Challenge with the song and it's been charting on US iTunes Top 200 around the 130/170 area for like 6 days already (currently at #174).

Thanks to those sales, Fantasy debuted on this week's Billboard R&B Digital Song Sales chart at #13.
            I feel like I'm missing everything, lol. All I do is work these days (and drink my new boy under the table). I literally had no idea.

Glad to see that you and the rest of the lambs are doing okay, though!

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
              Daydream was amazing on first listen.
              I used to love When I Saw You, but over the years it's gone down the list of songs (the production is just... not great).

But there's still this great immense feel about the album that supports its standing as a Mariah classic. I still remember how huge it was back in 95/96.
              Those two are some of my faves

I love the simplicity of When I Saw You (IMO the production is ACE). The melody is soooo gorgeous and dreamy.

And Long Ago was very butterfly-ish in terms of sound, the type of R&B that then she deepened in the Butterfly album. That track was like a prelude.

Anyway, the album is a masterpiece.

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post
                I feel like I'm missing everything, lol. All I do is work these days (and drink my new boy under the table). I literally had no idea.

Glad to see that you and the rest of the lambs are doing okay, though!
                U're doing better than us I think

Happy that u're doing ok bae! <3
                Mariah has been MIA for a while (other than a pic in the studio and a video with Millie) and cooking something for us. Stay tuned

Love ya!

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                  Daydream was amazing on first listen.

I used to do my homework with Daydream as my background noise. It's more of a soundtrack to that particular time. I can hear the opening bars of When I Saw You or the whistles of UTS and just be back in that moment in '96. Eleven year-old me, math homework that I hated and couldn't understand, my retro desk, bookshelf, and chair that all matched, and my hot pink carpet.

Sense memory is something else.

Comment

• MARIAH CAREY BILLBOARD CHART HISTORY: Debut Era (Album + Singles)

Comment

• Anyone see this? Her team should take it down. It uses audio from the Memoir.

Last edited by Cashiado; Wed March 17, 2021, 05:21.
                      http://marcokircher.com
                      http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                      IG: marco235

Comment

• I remember when I first heard Fantasy: I was in high school and in our drafting/advertising design class the teacher let us listen to the radio while working on our designs. After the commercial break the DJ announced that he had the privilege of playing the world premiere of Mariah's brand new single. I remember the intro intrigued me and I thought we were going to get a huge ballad but then after the whistle the beat dropped and I didn't know what to think. It was such a departure from her previous work that I didn't really get into it at all... however the non-lambs around me ate it up and gave overwhelming positive responses. When Daydream was first released and upon the first listen I never cared for the singles and instead the stand-out tracks for me will always be "Long Ago" and "Underneath The Stars". Eventually Fantasy grew on me but it wasn't instant attraction.

Comment

Vocals for #SUD?
                          Take your time gurl if that's the case, slay us alt-riah
                          Sure hope it's for SUD too

Comment

• Heartbreaker vocals are some of the best of her career... I mean omg how can you not stan

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashiado View Post
                              Anyone see this? Her team should take it down. It uses audio from the Memoir.
                              It looks like a really well made video, someone has obviously put a lot of time into editing it. I’m going to watch it in full later!

Comment

Nope that we know of, but they should.
                                That’s a shame. As much as I would still love the Charmbracelet tour Caution tour had such a great set list and she sounded great.

Comment

Nice to get this performance in "good quality".

The other vids literally suck and this was such a gorgeous and rare rendition.

(Remastered) Mariah Carey - Petals/Rainbow (Rosie O'Donnell Show 2000)

Yeah some of the 'remastered' videos make me want to lend the uploader my parasol. Even this one, they've used decent source material but there's an inescapably smooth 'remastered' look that is often part and parcel of attempts to upscale to HD.

It disagrees with me as it implies a pre-compression applied to the video and is usually overdone to the point of looking cartoony.

By losing the grain, I believe you also loose some of the original integrity of the image. This is the type of thing people argue about over re. films like the first Star Wars movie. My rules of thumb is least compressed HQ/HD source material is King and 90% of remastered videos are trash uinless, as in this case, the other ones are worse! Harsh but there you go

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokie76 View Post

Sure hope it's for SUD too
                                    But is there a need for her to record SUD vocals? She said during her interview with Questlove that she found her recordings of them already.

We've gotten glimpses of what she's been working on, but not yet the full picture. Eg. we know she re-recorded We Belong Together AND Always Be My Baby. Lee Daniels also confirmed work on her bio-series began. We also know MC30 has been 'paused'.

Perhaps we can see a framework developing.
                                    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

MARIAH CAREY BILLBOARD CHART HISTORY: Debut Era (Album + Singles)

Wow, I never knew that VOL fell from #1 to #8, or that the first album stayed in the top 5 for 10 months!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

But is there a need for her to record SUD vocals? She said during her interview with Questlove that she found her recordings of them already.

We've gotten glimpses of what she's been working on, but not yet the full picture. Eg. we know she re-recorded We Belong Together AND Always Be My Baby. Lee Daniels also confirmed work on her bio-series began. We also know MC30 has been 'paused'.

Perhaps we can see a framework developing.
                                        probably no need but I see the rationale we all know Mariahs a perfectionist and won’t like certain parts of the vocal line haha.
                                        I expect a couple of sneaky 2021 vocals in there when we finally hear it.

Comment

• Does anybody remember a user called Drew that used to dominate the MC chats here years ago? I wonder what happened to him? He just vanished off the forums

Comment

• I received an instagram notification saying mariah posted a picture but then when i clicked on it, it gives error. Anyone else? Lol

Comment

• Apparently the photo is an old throwback

Anyway I like mariah’s recent artistic choices, was it in her looks or in her music, so I can not wait to see what she is working on atm, so I hope she keeps the serious artist look and the overall approach...it does demand respect and it suits her current statue in the business.

Comment

• guessing we aren't getting anything for MC30 anymore then? i was hopeful she would keep it up but its been weeks without anything new or things in between to explain why the pause, so I kinda assume its done now I mean I think the last thing we got was WBT Valentines Mix but even that was over a month ago now... sad its over tbh I was hoping we'd get unreleased stuff from recent eras

Comment

• ^MC30 isnt over.

Busta announces the Where I Belong video drops officially soon.

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                                    ^MC30 isnt over.

Busta announces the Where I Belong video drops officially soon.

Jesus Christ I feel old. Where did 18 years go?

IKWYW video and song are still fresh to this day!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X