Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

I’m excited for Memoirs week because of UOMF and wondering if she’s gonna tag Minaj
    Has she tagged other collabs though? I dont think she'll tag her but maybe just post that she's featured on the tracklist as usual. Or, maybe a version exists without Nicki, who knows?

There's a lot of editing that perhaps may be necessary in terms of tracklisting for Memoirs. Like, will she put the Mary remix as part of memoirs, will she remove RKelly for BGK, etc and as you said, will she post about Nicki in her graphics?

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
      I’m falling in love with the radio edit of Where I Belong. There... I said it!
      Where is the radio edit? Is there a shorter version than the 4:12 minute one?

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Has she tagged other collabs though? I dont think she'll tag her but maybe just post that she's featured on the tracklist as usual. Or, maybe a version exists without Nicki, who knows?

There's a lot of editing that perhaps may be necessary in terms of tracklisting for Memoirs. Like, will she put the Mary remix as part of memoirs, will she remove RKelly for BGK, etc and as you said, will she post about Nicki in her graphics?
        You're forgetting that the Nicki-less album version of UOMF exists. Nicki's part was cute, but it really didn't add anything to the song. it'll be interesting to see if she includes remix or its video, though.

I think the Mary feature will remain with MIAMTEC, but, promoting the R. Kelly version of BGK would be incredibly stupid (as was including him in the first place- everyone knew about him, but didn't care). It's a safe assumption that she'll leave it out when MIAMTEC gets its week.

Comment

• Originally posted by markwalde View Post

Where is the radio edit? Is there a shorter version than the 4:12 minute one?
          I just mean the newer, shorter version than the one we originally heard when it leaked. It had loads of empty space at the end and seemed to go on forever

i wish there was one full voice moment though, akin to “I will climb a mountain high” in IKWYW
          Last edited by WaitYourTurn; Thu March 18, 2021, 17:10.

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post

You're forgetting that the Nicki-less album version of UOMF exists. Nicki's part was cute, but it really didn't add anything to the song. it'll be interesting to see if she includes remix or its video, though.

I think the Mary feature will remain with MIAMTEC, but, promoting the R. Kelly version of BGK would be incredibly stupid (as was including him in the first place- everyone knew about him, but didn't care). It's a safe assumption that she'll leave it out when MIAMTEC gets its week.
            but the single released was with nicki not the solo version and there's the video and there's dance remixes with Nicki too. and imo Nicki elevated the song, I only listen to the remix cause the NIcki rap on the song makes it more fun.

Comment

I just mean the newer, shorter version than the one we originally heard when it leaked. It had loads of empty space at the end and seemed to go on forever

i wish there was one full voice moment though, akin to “I will climb a mountain high” in IKWYW
              Oh yes. Agreed!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by sYair View Post

Sounds like Dreamlover to me.
                It sounds like 'The Beautiful Ones' to me....

Comment

• It would be weird if Up Out My Face feat. Nicki Minaj won't be released in the Memoirs week. Especially since it is already available on Spotify in several countries.

I added it to my Mariah playlist six years ago:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5w...QSO2ULH_FEfqbA
                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

She only listens to her own stuff haha. Even Mariah knows that mariah’s music is all that matters!
                    As she should!

But we know she also listens to her idols and the classics dahling.

And she knows the current music - the artists that she likes.

She knew Diamonds (back in Idol '13) and she knew the lyrics of CFMF from The Weeknd, she was signing along during his performance in a private event in '16.

Comment

I don’t think anyone ever questioned this ever, did they?
                      There was a rumor that was a song registered by Mariah by the same name and that it was the Titanic song, but I never believed in that.

It was posted here some days ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

As she should!

But we know she also listens to her idols and the classics dahling.

And she knows the current music - the artists that she likes.

She knew Diamonds (back in Idol '13) and she knew the lyrics of CFMF from The Weeknd, she was signing along during his performance in a private event in '16.
                        just for laughs, just for laughs!

Comment

There was a rumor that was a song registered by Mariah by the same name and that it was the Titanic song, but I never believed in that.

It was posted here some days ago.

weird flex. thanks for the info!

Comment

I’m falling in love with the radio edit of Where I Belong. There... I said it!
                            It's slowly growing on me

P.S.
                            I saw the video.
                            Great concept, I loved it.
                            Mariah looks really HOT.

Comment

wow - thoughts and views in the Mariah posts from back then have aged like milk left in the sun! Some really uncomfortable reading
                              The first thread was a hot mess, especially the last month I remember it was being blocked like every 2 days.

Comment

Yeah!
                                It's missing that bridge moment for me.
                                Maybe that's why it didn't click on me on the first couple of listens.

Comment

just for laughs, just for laughs!
                                  I know, I know

Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                                  weird flex. thanks for the info!
                                  no problem, bae!

---

P.S.

I much prefer the "Up Out My Face" solo version, tho I'm not a fan of the song.

2:54 - 3:00 is FIRE tho.

Comment

It's slowly growing on me

P.S.
                                    I saw the video.
                                    Great concept, I loved it.
                                    Mariah looks really HOT.
                                    I’ve just had it on in the car and it sounds good through the speakers!

I can’t find the video, excited to see it again tomorrow!

Comment

Yeah!
                                      It's missing that bridge moment for me.
                                      Maybe that's why it didn't click on me on the first couple of listens.
                                      Yeah, you may be right. It did feel like it was missing something but I’ve got used to it now and they sound great back to back.
                                      obviously
                                      it will never be IKWYW but their voices were made to go together. Their tracks together are always on point.

Comment

• Talking about IKWYW...

Mariah Carey FORGETS Her Microphone Is On & GOES OFF On Her Sound Team!

Comment

• I've never seen this.

A part of the Divas '98 rehearsal.

Comment

Yeah, you may be right. It did feel like it was missing something but I’ve got used to it now and they sound great back to back.
                                            obviously
                                            it will never be IKWYW but their voices were made to go together. Their tracks together are always on point.
                                            I love their oh-oh-oh-oh-oh's.

But my favorite part is Mariah rapping fast af along to Busta near the end (in her lower register).

She's so versatile, she can do anything.

Comment

• It's true tho

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

I love their oh-oh-oh-oh-oh's.

But my favorite part is Mariah rapping fast af along to Busta near the end (in her lower register).

She's so versatile, she can do anything.
                                                    I was thinking this just before when I was in the car, she can jump on any flow, any speed, literally on any bars. She personifies music

Comment

Working...
                                                    X