Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by naughtynae View Post
    I think it’s interesting that Busta said they worked on it initially as a remix to IKWYW. But the song got so big they left it and revisited it years later, I notice it’s the same producer too.
    Yeah, Rick Rock!
    Same director for the video as IKWYW as well, Chris Robinson.
    Evidently, they were trying to bring the nostalgia with this one.
    Reuniting those same talented people so many years after, that was a blast I'm sure.

Comment

• 0:57 - 0:59 sounds so HOT.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Definitely.
          The thing I love about her is that she's so complex.
          I mean, she's funny and sweet but her shades are lethal. She can be a total bad ass if she wants to.
          She's so feminine, gorgeous and delicate, but she also has that "hood" part that we all love.
          She's this untouchable diva but she's also really down to Earth.
          She looks vulnerable and fragil yet she's strong af.
          Super smart and charismatic, yet shy.
          Also I like that halo of mysterious around her.
          The complexity of it all!

She's also so meme-able.
          As you said, her viral moments are great and hilarious.
          Her social media rn is on a high.
          Love this. Absolutely spot on!

Comment

Nope I don't remember that
            https://www.mcarchives.com/index1.as...rds=&date=&f=5

pure trash haha. Watch the video, it’s right at the end. I’m sure it’s unintentional but quite funny,

the video was a mess. There’s also a part when Mark goes for a bit run, but they dubbed a different vocal onto the video so he just looks like he’s making lots of unnecessary mouth movements

Comment

Her tone is to die for and the climax blew me away.

I was familiar with Whitney, Toni & Celine (mostly 'cause the Titanic movie) and some singers from jazz, but never in my life I imagined someone could do all of that with the voice. She got me shook, like wtf?!

I remember the first time I heard CTTA 'cause I was taking a shower while the CD was playing in the living room full volume (it was December '99) - and the first time I was listening to the CD from start to finish too - and then the climax came and she did that crazy scales with those F#5s and I left the bath and rewinded that part so many times TRYING to replicate or even understand the run note by note. Love at first listen.

I love so many vocalists, but no one can do what Mariah does on me.
              we were all that young boy, trying to replicate that run and failing miserably haha.
              I feel like a lot of our experiences discovering Mariah were around the same time, your stories really resonate with me! <3

Comment

• Btw, there's a "Lead The Way Riff Challenge" on the @theyhavetherange account.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post

https://www.mcarchives.com/index1.as...rds=&date=&f=5

pure trash haha. Watch the video, it’s right at the end. I’m sure it’s unintentional but quite funny,

the video was a mess. There’s also a part when Mark goes for a bit run, but they dubbed a different vocal onto the video so he just looks like he’s making lots of unnecessary mouth movements

Yeah the video is terrible. I haven't seen it in years!

Well, Mariah was a living barbie there, damn.

P.S. Mark was quite hot when he was younger. He aged like milk but we love everybody.

Comment

we were all that young boy, trying to replicate that run and failing miserably haha.
                    I feel like a lot of our experiences discovering Mariah were around the same time, your stories really resonate with me! <3
                    Yeah!

There's lot of these young boys and girls here in the thread and out there.
                    Imagine Bey or Xtina trying to replicate VOL's runs LOL. That's crazy.

Comment

• The resonance in the undubbed(s) >>>

CRAZY.

Comment

Yeah the video is terrible. I haven't seen it in years!

Well, Mariah was a living barbie there, damn.

P.S. Mark was quite hot when he was younger. He aged like milk but we love everybody.
                        I had a thing for Bryan... I was young and hormonal haha.

Comment

The resonance in the undubbed(s) >>>

CRAZY.

F*ck! It’s a travesty they ever dubbed those performances. So unnecessary unless it was for consistency of volume or whatever but she was just at such an incredible point vocally.
                          there has never been a voice that comes anywhere near hers in 25 years since this (her ‘peak’). It’s all in the tone!

Comment

The resonance in the undubbed(s) >>>

CRAZY.

God, I live for her tone in these male cover songs, nothing is richer than her mid-register belting

Is this in the third octave?

Comment

• Look, I love Mariah with all my heart, but if she don’t serve Skydiving or some Chick track with her vocals next week and the H8U So So Def Remix, Chile

Comment

• Damn the vocals... What I wouldn't give to experience that moment wow just wow

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                  Look, I love Mariah with all my heart, but if she don’t serve Skydiving or some Chick track with her vocals next week and the H8U So So Def Remix, Chile

lol that gif cracks me up every time.
                                  I do think Skydiving is reaching but I hope so too. Just so we can actually hear what it sounds like haha

To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

Look, I love Mariah with all my heart, but if she don’t serve Skydiving or some Chick track with her vocals next week and the H8U So So Def Remix, Chile

allygdale Got to admire your tenacity

Comment

• There’s a full version of skydiving out there now, right? Are we expecting something different to that version?

Comment

I had a thing for Bryan... I was young and hormonal haha.
                                        Now that you mention Bryan, Mariah has been with Tanaka for almost 5 years (since May '16).
                                        It's gonna end up as her longest relationship at this rate, seems like they're genuinely happy together. I wish them all the best <3

Comment

F*ck! It’s a travesty they ever dubbed those performances. So unnecessary unless it was for consistency of volume or whatever but she was just at such an incredible point vocally.
                                          there has never been a voice that comes anywhere near hers in 25 years since this (her ‘peak’). It’s all in the tone!
                                          The undubbed ones are way better, her voice was explosive, the resonance was insane.
                                          The dubbed ones are way too polished and her voice sounds lighter and girlier on those.

Comment

God, I live for her tone in these male cover songs, nothing is richer than her mid-register belting

Is this in the third octave?
                                            No Ally, 4th octave mostly, G#4s, Bb4s and a couple of C5s in the chorus.
                                            She uses the third octave in the lower parts of the verses, the rest is mostly in the 4th octave and some Eb5s in the climax.

Comment

There’s a full version of skydiving out there now, right? Are we expecting something different to that version?
                                              I think people are anticipating a version of the song that you can hear properly.
                                              To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by SomeonesUglyDaughter View Post
                                                Damn the vocals... What I wouldn't give to experience that moment wow just wow
                                                Imagine being in the audience.
                                                Lucky bishes.
                                                One of the best live shows in music history for sure.

Comment

There’s a full version of skydiving out there now, right? Are we expecting something different to that version?
                                                  I'm not sure if that's the full version.

Anyway, it's amazing, I will be happy with a HQ audio.

Mariah asked for it to Timba, so we're gettin' it at some point I guess.

Comment

• Hey guys, Leo and I added a few extra days to the voting period for the Mariah Carey Discography Rate. We havent yet hit the threshold we were looking for. The new (and absolute!) deadline is Wednesday, 24th March 2021 - that's five days from now. More info here:
                                                    https://www.ukmix.org/forum/music-di...e#post10585481

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Working...
                                                    X