Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • darnellabc
    Personal Assistant
    • 08 Apr 2013

I like the song too, I just don’t love it. Like I said, it’s perfect for the album that it’s on. Definitely not a Mariah album caliber song.
    I AM A GOD!

Comment

• InfoFromAus
      Manager
      • 05 Sep 2005

Originally posted by Shaka

I could never, my body won't allow me to do that!

Well, you're gonna wake up (tomorrow) with lots of pages and a new song

Also be ready for some meltdowns, just in case
      lol

So here I am, and there are a lot of new pages... and I haven't read them yet!

Let's listen to the song first!!!
      MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• elguachin
        • 31 May 2014

Hi! There you are. I enjoyed this song. Songs will never live to everyone’s expectations tbh, but I really like this one.
        see ya!!

Comment

• mariahcareyfan
          Roadie
          • 12 Feb 2014

I liked the song, there’s some interesting parts here and there, but I didn’t like the chorus and the repeated “breaking my heart” phrase, felt lazy and predictable from the first listen, other than that, it’s a nice song.

Comment

• jeejust
            • 06 Jun 2013

Just a warning that the versions being circulated on YouTube are altered to avoid copyright removal. The real HQ version released where it is already Thursday in the world is much better.

Comment

• InFamous
              Legend
              • 29 Sep 2016

HHmm very interesting track. I really like the instrumental actually, it has some interesting ebbs and flows. I think Mariah kind of over did it vocally, which I find to be the case with a lot of her songs. There are vocals flying in from all sides and sometimes theres three or four layers, when a more simple approach could work as good, in my opinion.
              This is especially true in the pre chorus and chorus. And also the bridge lord, the cacophany of vocals and the whistles and that sustained " MEEEEEEEE" on top of it all

I like it overall though, far better than Obsessed.
              Billie Eilish claims her second Number 1 single with What Was I Made For? , scoring a last-minute victory over Dua Lipa’s Dance The Night.

Comment

• InFamous
                Legend
                • 29 Sep 2016

Originally posted by jeejust
                Just a warning that the versions being circulated on YouTube are altered to avoid copyright removal. The real HQ version released where it is already Thursday in the world is much better.
                Oh I thought that may be the case. Disclaimer - my review is from a youtube version !
                Billie Eilish claims her second Number 1 single with What Was I Made For? , scoring a last-minute victory over Dua Lipa’s Dance The Night.

Comment

• NorthernMonkey
                  Legend
                  • 01 Dec 2010

I imagine the lyric video version on YouTube is the correct track though, no?
                  To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• HiNote
                    • 04 Mar 2017

Am i listening to the same song as everyone else who is complaining about it ? B/c “ somewhat loved “ is a BOP from what I’m hearing ... i really liked it on first listen and my liking for it is growing with each play !!! Her vocals sound good and smooth - not Siri-riah at all ! Overall , I’m very pleased with this one-off song, as it has definitely served its purpose .... it’s definitely built my anticipation for her Album campaign !! Thank you so much Mariah for still being active in music. I’m so appreciative.

Comment

• jeejust
                      • 06 Jun 2013

The song really goes into BOP mode after the 50 second mark!

Comment

• Sebastian
                        Superstar
                        • 24 Nov 2012

Terius Nash is credited as a composer so I guess it really is a MOAIA leftover after all. Well, I just finished listening to the whole thing. The intro is very nice and sets a mood. The song is ok and I think it will grow with time. The bridge is a mess though! Haha. Still like it.
                        Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                        www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• bm08
                          • 07 Apr 2013

Originally posted by jeejust
                          Good to note for people. Thanks!
                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• InfoFromAus
                            Manager
                            • 05 Sep 2005

Pretty much agree with you three...

Originally posted by mariahcareyfan
                            I liked the song, there’s some interesting parts here and there, but I didn’t like the chorus and the repeated “breaking my heart” phrase, felt lazy and predictable from the first listen, other than that, it’s a nice song.
                            I really dislike the 'breaking my heart' repeat... it's kinda catchy but it doesn't sound great to me.

Originally posted by sYair
                            Terius Nash is credited as a composer so I guess it really is a MOAIA leftover after all. Well, I just finished listening to the whole thing. The intro is very nice and sets a mood. The song is ok and I think it will grow with time. The bridge is a mess though! Haha. Still like it.
                            The intro and the verses are the best parts of the song. The chorus and bridges are just not doing it for me. The pre-chorus is ok - but the three almost sound like 3 different songs. Actually you're right - the bridge is a mess Upon first listen, and subsequent listens, it's still a mess!

Originally posted by AlmondBreeze
                            Spoiler Alert, in case you don't want to hear about the new song.It gives me "filler" track vibes from something like Rainbow or MOAIA ... very nostalgic - even 80s in some touches. In some parts, the vocals sound a bit transister radio-ish/dry, but nothing too horrible. Overall, pleasant and nice that Meemz is continuing to record new music. Maybe it will grow a bit more on me after a few listens.
                            It's kinda grown on me after repeat listens, but it's still an off cut.

Unpopular opinion, but I had a much better reaction to Save The Day when I first heard it. To me it's still the better song.
                            MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• allygdale
                              Superstar
                              • 17 Mar 2013

Ummm, I LOVE the song, the high quality version

I wish the vocal had more reverb but she sounds AMAZING

Comment

• allygdale
                                Superstar
                                • 17 Mar 2013

Y’all, it’s the most commercial track she’s released since #B, it may be basic but it’s not messy, it has very traditional structure unlike Save The Day

I do hope the vocals on the other songs she’s working on have more reverb, but the vocals themselves are great, TONE

Comment

• TheRealest
                                  Legend
                                  • 09 Dec 2009

Not y’all trying to drag Obsessed....

Comment

• NorthernMonkey
                                    Legend
                                    • 01 Dec 2010

Originally posted by allygdale
                                    Y’all, it’s the most commercial track she’s released since #B, it may be basic but it’s not messy, it has very traditional structure unlike Save The Day

I do hope the vocals on the other songs she’s working on have more reverb, but the vocals themselves are great, TONE
                                    I hear quite a lot of reverb on the YouTube lyric video.. is that different?
                                    To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• InfoFromAus
                                      Manager
                                      • 05 Sep 2005

They're trying to drag Obsessed.

They finally found a song that couldn't impress
                                      Last song on earth and they still couldn't like this
                                      They're delusional, they're delusional
                                      Boy you're losing your taste

Look, it's not a classic... but it's a very good song.
                                      MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• InFamous
                                        Legend
                                        • 29 Sep 2016

Originally posted by NorthernMonkey

I hear quite a lot of reverb on the YouTube lyric video.. is that different?
                                        Theres loads of reverb on the vocals

Comment

• InFamous
                                          Legend
                                          • 29 Sep 2016

On my Spotify now. I really like the intro and the part directly after the intro. Sounds great. Very nice tone and vocals.
                                          The choppy piano that comes in really reminds me of Touch my Body ! I feel this could be a real grower but I have to admit I dont know what is going on in the bridge. That MEEEEE is just a bit grating as well as the whistles Maybe if some parts were turned down it would not sound as harsh.

I love the part " The more I thought about you, the less I thought about me... "
                                          I really like the instrumental, it has loads of little touches and nice production elements. Like the heart beats in the outro. Nice.

Comment

Working...