X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • banksy
    Manager
    • 06 Aug 2016

Originally posted by stevyy
    I find it odd that 99,9% of all critics of Mariah... have been men. Female celebs... praise her (voice). I wonder why that it.
    Did you just discover misogyny today?

Comment

• Shaka
      Legend
      • 04 Feb 2014

Dionne Warwick... it wouldn't take that seriously.
      I mean, she thinks Brandy has more legendary status than MC.
      And a few days ago she tweeted to Mariah (on Nov 1st I think) hoping she was having a nice day LMAO.

Comment

• Shaka
        Legend
        • 04 Feb 2014

Originally posted by banksy
        Did you just discover misogyny today?
        *Shoking*

Comment

• bm08
          • 07 Apr 2013

Iconic.

See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Shaka
            Legend
            • 04 Feb 2014

LOL.
            You have no other option to love that song.

Comment

• Shaka
              Legend
              • 04 Feb 2014

The Caution photoshoot is a whole serve.

Comment

• Xmas
                Roadie
                • 15 Dec 2011

Well now we know that waiting for December was the right move for Oh Santa! (Remix) as nobody cares about Mariah’s new Christmas music. Nothing can help her at this stage if she is not in Spotify playlists. At least in December it would have charted in the Holiday 100 chart. This is abysmal considering she made the effort to release a physical copy and music video at the same time

Originally posted by Shaka

Comment

• NorthernMonkey
                  Legend
                  • 01 Dec 2010

Originally posted by Xmas
                  Well now we know that waiting for December was the right move for Oh Santa! (Remix) as nobody cares about Mariah’s new Christmas music. Nothing can help her at this stage if she is not in Spotify playlists. At least in December it would have charted in the Holiday 100 chart. This is abysmal considering she made the effort to release a physical copy and music video at the same time

I love the song but upon first listen you know it’s not going to be a hit.
                  To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• mm2912
                    Superstar
                    • 04 Jun 2016

Originally posted by Xmas

now we know we can’t expect the lead of MC16 to chart no matter if she releases cd singles or whatever. Let’s just enjoy the music and celebrate she’s still releasing. Sometimes a magic happens and something sticks when we’re not waiting for it

and I still have hopes Oh Santa remix with be a hit eventually

Comment

• NorthernMonkey
                      Legend
                      • 01 Dec 2010

Originally posted by mm2912

now we know we can’t expect the lead of MC16 to chart no matter if she releases cd singles or whatever. Let’s just enjoy the music and celebrate she’s still releasing. Sometimes a magic happens and something sticks when we’re not waiting for it

and I still have hopes Oh Santa remix with be a hit eventually
                      I disagree with this. I’m 100% confident that FILAC was not the right song to use as a benchmark for that theory. Whilst we love the song (it’s warm, it’s a ballad, the melody is lush etc).. it’s just not hit material. It’s very layered, the ending does not appeal to the masses and it’s just not very exciting or current.. plus, it’s a Christmas song and it’s early November.

So to say “now we know that no matter what, the MC16 lead won’t be a hit” is way off. Lol. All she’d need to do is release a banger with a good hook, a clear structure a good video, good promotion and even a feature from someone current if she wanted to. The only thing stopping Mariah from having a hit is that she’s releasing songs that simply aren’t hit material.
                      To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• InFamous
                        Legend
                        • 29 Sep 2016

Originally posted by Shaka

*Shoking*
                        What's shoking?
                        Billie Eilish claims her second Number 1 single with What Was I Made For? , scoring a last-minute victory over Dua Lipa’s Dance The Night.

Comment

• InFamous
                          Legend
                          • 29 Sep 2016

Originally posted by NorthernMonkey

I disagree with this. I’m 100% confident that FILAC was not the right song to use as a benchmark for that theory. Whilst we love the song (it’s warm, it’s a ballad, the melody is lush etc).. it’s just not hit material. It’s very layered, the ending does not appeal to the masses and it’s just not very exciting or current.. plus, it’s a Christmas song and it’s early November.

So to say “now we know that no matter what, the MC16 lead won’t be a hit” is way off. Lol. All she’d need to do is release a banger with a good hook, a clear structure a good video, good promotion and even a feature from someone current if she wanted to. The only thing stopping Mariah from having a hit is that she’s releasing songs that simply aren’t hit material.
                          That's a long list of things she has to do to snag that hit!
                          Billie Eilish claims her second Number 1 single with What Was I Made For? , scoring a last-minute victory over Dua Lipa’s Dance The Night.

Comment

• delapuerta
                            Superstar
                            • 04 Dec 2014

Christmas songs don't work as regular singles. Most of the Christmas songs released are forgotten, also in the last decade. It needs some time to get into the canon. Oh Santa is starting to have better streaming after last year, but only few songs can make it. We've seen many artists of the moment releasing their Christmas stuff and nothing happened. It's not easy and it doesn't work as regular music

Comment

• KEY9481
                              Legend
                              • 11 Aug 2014

Yas Kween, promote the best streaming service.
                              5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• NorthernMonkey
                                Legend
                                • 01 Dec 2010

Originally posted by InFamous

That's a long list of things she has to do to snag that hit!
                                Just a requirement for most in the industry. There’s nothing out of the ordinary listed there.

Comment

• InFamous
                                  Legend
                                  • 29 Sep 2016

Just a requirement for most in the industry. There’s nothing out of the ordinary listed there.
                                  Well it's a rather simplistic view. She could do all that and still not get a hit.

Comment

• Pureimagination
                                    • 10 Sep 2021

Okay can I just say that Ariana Grande (who is like a monster in streaming) recently released a Xmas song with Kelly Clarkson and not even that is lighting up the charts. I'm definitely not worried about Mariah not charting ever again cause you know who will slay for 2 months annually until infinity, period

Comment

• allygdale
                                      Superstar
                                      • 17 Mar 2013

FILAC is a beautiful song

To me it sounds very influenced by With You I’m Born Again

I think it would have more mainstream appeal with just straight full voice vocals and a muscular beat but it’s still enjoyable as is, the soft vocals just don’t cut through the production at all

Oh Santa will grow this year for sure

Comment

• Yerac
                                        Manager
                                        • 26 Jul 2018

Originally posted by InFamous

Well it's a rather simplistic view. She could do all that and still not get a hit.
                                        What Mariah really needs to push for a number 1 debut is to release a single feature your lovely voice

Comment

• bm08
                                          • 07 Apr 2013

In sum she needs a good song with good promo. But realistically, this is true about anything. I will argue you dont need a good song for a hit these days, just good promo (to be read as good investment).

The reality is that Mariah faces structual barriers that a woman of her colour, of her genre and of her age etc face that others who simply can release a "good" song with "good" promo do not face. It will take quite a lot to break through these issues.

See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Working...