• 03 Sep 2020

Fantasy (Original) > Honey > Heartbreaker >>>> Loverboy >>>>>> Dreamlover

Comment

• LambChild
        Manager
        • 18 Mar 2016

Originally posted by TheRealest
        Honey > Fantasy > Heartbreaker > Dreamlover

ALLLLL iconic bops that are only HER style. Nobody else did anything like those songs and they’ll forever be her sound
        This exactly. Some days I might switch Fantasy and Heartbreaker.

Shaka where’s the top 25
        funny how one can learn
        to grow numb to the madness
        and block it away

Comment

• InFamous
          Legend
          • 29 Sep 2016

ALLLLL iconic bops that are only HER style. Nobody else did anything like those songs and they’ll forever be her sound
          Well all those songs are heavily built on samples so not exactly original. Maybe you mean vocally ?

Also there is a Pebbles song which sounds very similar stylistically to Fantasy remix and came out prior. Think its called Are you ready ?

I do agree that Honey is definitely the best, followed by Fantasy. I really dont like Heartbreaker.
          Billie Eilish claims her second Number 1 single with What Was I Made For? , scoring a last-minute victory over Dua Lipa’s Dance The Night.

Comment

• SawyerHewitt
            Superstar
            • 23 Dec 2013

Fantasy > Heartbreaker > Honey > Dreamlover for me.

And yassss @ the Side effects appreciation. It was and still is DAT BITCH. Those relatable lyrics and them raspy ad-libs at the end, girl. True it's a little overproduced and sounds too busy at times. But issa bop.
            Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• SawyerHewitt
              Superstar
              • 23 Dec 2013

Just wanted to point out how Mariah mastered the art of sampling and took it to a whole new level.

The way she just integrates melodies or bits from other songs into hers and makes them work as an essential part of the track and it doesn't sound off. It all flows organically. It ain't that easy.
              Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• InFamous
                Legend
                • 29 Sep 2016

One of Mariahs most underrated tracks IMO is Thanx 4 nothin.

Even JDs rambling is not enough to ruin it.
                Billie Eilish claims her second Number 1 single with What Was I Made For? , scoring a last-minute victory over Dua Lipa’s Dance The Night.

Comment

• bm08
                  • 07 Apr 2013

Originally posted by NorthernMonkey
                  The more I listen to Big Energy the more I can’t believe how full of BS Latto was by saying she wasn’t overly familiar with Fantasy (can’t remember her exact words).. there’s so many references to it.. Even the part (maybe it’s the chorus) where she sings “got that big big energy”.. is a rip off of “swee-eet fantasy”.. almost identical melody and falls at exactly the same part of the sample.

Not fooling me darling.
                  So true. It was insulting tbh.

I jokingly told people there is a Dreamlover rip off in the video with the dancers in the grass too
                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• TheRealest
                    Legend
                    • 09 Dec 2009

Originally posted by InFamous

Well all those songs are heavily built on samples so not exactly original. Maybe you mean vocally .
                    No. I meant period. Nobody samples and makes a whole new arrangement and writes lyrics on top of them like she did.

Comment

• Rascali
                      • 30 Jun 2006

Originally posted by Kaloki
                      Dreamlover on the Caution Tour was a highlight for me actually now that I think back, I remember her slaying it a bit! The adlibs were on point

Everyday, of my life, always, so come and take me awayyyyy
                      Relatively obscure but this performance from the Charmbracelet tour was the first time I sat up and appreciated it in a different way

The run at 1:53

I remember being excited that the vocals on the tour were sounding so healthy compared to the cb album.
                      Last edited by Rascali; Thu January 13, 2022, 22:59.

Comment

• bm08
                        • 07 Apr 2013

Originally posted by SawyerHewitt
                        Just wanted to point out how Mariah mastered the art of sampling and took it to a whole new level.

The way she just integrates melodies or bits from other songs into hers and makes them work as an essential part of the track and it doesn't sound off. It all flows organically. It ain't that easy.

Agreed. She truly is the queen of the re-mix.
                        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Rascali
                          • 30 Jun 2006

Originally posted by stevyy
                          whet? Mariah don't lip.

I could still slap her for lipping the climax of hero... while she could literally sing it all the way thru. b!tch better get to her senses.
                          I think she's neurotic about her voice getting damaged after '96

Comment

• Kaloki
                            Manager
                            • 13 Feb 2013

Not even joking, I think I've listened to Honey almost every day of my life for the last 15 years. ​​​​​​

It's a sexy cool rnb hoe anthem, but yet classy af. The vocals, the production, the raps on the remix, the video.... Everything was flawless.

One of my favourite songs of all time ever by any human being

Comment

• TheRealest
                              Legend
                              • 09 Dec 2009

I always wonder how 90s lambs felt… being with each new era came literally a new voice

AND did they digitally make her hair that color on The Greatest Hits cover?
                              Last edited by TheRealest; Fri January 14, 2022, 03:57.

Comment

• allygdale
                                Superstar
                                • 17 Mar 2013

I always wonder how 90s lambs felt… being with each new era came literally a new voice

AND did they digitally make her hair that color on The Greatest Hits cover?
                                Yes lol

She ain’t never had orange/red tones in her hair

Comment

• Shaka
                                  Legend
                                  • 04 Feb 2014

Originally posted by stevyy
                                  It is still beyond me that GML did not receive a promo video at least (like the roof or breakdown)... the song is still the best song of her entire career.
                                  I'm with you.
                                  That track needed a video.
                                  Also Betcha.

They screamed for one.

Comment

• Shaka
                                    Legend
                                    • 04 Feb 2014

Originally posted by mm2912
                                    I think what makes side effects great is that the music doesn't match the sad lyrics
                                    Yep, interesting juxtaposition.
                                    I like that contrasting effect. It works for me. It makes everything really bold.

Comment

• Shaka
                                      Legend
                                      • 04 Feb 2014

Yet she sings her most difficult song, Vision of Love, fully live EVERY time. Lol
                                      She never dared to lip not even 1 second of that song - and for good.
                                      'Cause I'm revoking my lamb card if she ever does that blasphemy.
                                      It must be sacred for her I guess.

I remember when some lambs were saying that the sustained Bb4s from endings VOL were all lipped during the ATH Tour and b1tch proved dem wrong.

She was just very consistent with her mid-belts and her resonance was insane!

Comment

• Shaka
                                        Legend
                                        • 04 Feb 2014

The more I listen to Big Energy the more I can’t believe how full of BS Latto was by saying she wasn’t overly familiar with Fantasy (can’t remember her exact words).. there’s so many references to it.. Even the part (maybe it’s the chorus) where she sings “got that big big energy”.. is a rip off of “swee-eet fantasy”.. almost identical melody and falls at exactly the same part of the sample.

Not fooling me darling.
                                        Sis ain't fooling no one.
                                        Pure bullsh1t.

Nessa wasn't having none of that BS either, LOL.

I hope MC sues her a$$ off.

Originally posted by woabritney
                                        GML is such a moment, I really hope she continues making songs like this. One of her most cinematic songs and, again, merges her incredible sense of melody and genre-shifting. That chorus is everything and her tone sounds so beautiful and breezy throughout, like the lyrics were just pouring out of her. LOVE

Exactly ​​​​​​​

For me it goes like Heartbreaker > Honey > Fantasy > Dreamlover.

Originally posted by LambChild
                                        Shaka where’s the top 25
                                        Oops, I forgot about it LOL.
                                        Remember me that during the weekend, it's gonna be hard af

​​​​​​​
                                        Originally posted by SawyerHewitt

Say it louder for the people in the back, hun.

Comment

• Shaka
                                          Legend
                                          • 04 Feb 2014

Originally posted by InFamous
                                          One of Mariahs most underrated tracks IMO is Thanx 4 nothin.
                                          I love T4N.

Oh, how I wish she would've done full acoustic performances instead of these snippets back in '08.

No. I meant period. Nobody samples and makes a whole new arrangement and writes lyrics on top of them like she did.
                                          Spitting truth.

I can only imagine the shock due to the change in her image between 1996 & 1997.
                                          Sis really did that.

Comment

Working...