X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mckenry
    Manager
    • 25 Apr 2014

Originally posted by Pureimagination
    Triumphant never had a greater meaning for the past few years!!!!! Triumphant song is a BOP. Mariah knew
    The OG version is my workout track. The Pulse Remix, too.
    MARIAH CAREY
    ​The Queen of Music
    The Empress of Charts

Comment

• MimiCici
      Roadie
      • 13 Feb 2015

if AIWFCIY will top the GOAT list, she will eventually the first woman to hold the spot. can we confirm that?
      Mariah Carey- The Queen of Queens And The Goddess of Goddesses

Comment

• SmartIsNewSexy
        Legend
        • 13 Oct 2010

Originally posted by MimiCici
        if AIWFCIY will top the GOAT list, she will eventually the first woman to hold the spot. can we confirm that?
        Yes.

Chubby Checker (twist), held it. Then Weeknd (blinding lights) dethroned him.

Leann Rimes (How do I live) is the highest female song at #6. Followed by Olivia Newton John (physical) #11.

Mariah's highest entry is WBT at #15.
        AIWFCIY is currently at #46
        One Sweet Day at #47

Very impressive how AIWFCIY has already surpassed One Sweet Day!
        Last edited by SmartIsNewSexy; Thu January 5, 2023, 06:36.

Comment

• Marchum
          Superstar
          • 05 Jul 2018

THE Queen.

Comment

• MimiCici
            Roadie
            • 13 Feb 2015

Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy

Yes.

Chubby Checker (twist), held it. Then Weeknd (blinding lights) dethroned him.

Leann Rimes (How do I live) is the highest female song at #6. Followed by Olivia Newton John (physical) #11.

Mariah's highest entry is WBT at #15.
            AIWFCIY is currently at #46
            One Sweet Day at #47

Very impressive how AIWFCIY has already surpassed One Sweet Day!

i think wbt held it at #9 during the 50th anniversary
            Mariah Carey- The Queen of Queens And The Goddess of Goddesses

Comment

• lambforever
              Legend
              • 08 Mar 2010

If rules stays unchanged. Mariah will achieve these in 2025

longest running number 1 song in history
              song of the decade
              greatest song of all time -Billboard
              2x diamond single
              Blinding Lights may still be ahead by 2025 for song of the decade.

Longest number 1 yes and 2x diamond yes
              Proceed with Caution

Comment

• lambforever
                Legend
                • 08 Mar 2010

i think wbt held it at #9 during the 50th anniversary
                I also remember WBt being at number 9 at some point
                Proceed with Caution

Comment

• Chris87
                  • 18 May 2021

Originally posted by Johnson512
                  Someone said that Tommy killed Glitter and that Nick killed E=MC2. I don't blame Mariah for focusing on herself and her own happiness during E=MC, but man, that era was such a missed opportunity and killed all the goodwill she had after TEOM. If only that era had the right singles and promotion after the epic beginning with TMB...

As far as Glitter...as much as I love the Candy version of Loverboy, I much prefer the Firecracker version, and I am confident that version would have been a #1 hit in 2001. It's much popier, the chorus is much more apparent and hits harder, and the Fantasy-liked intro and outro really helps make it feel like a Mariah lead banger single we were used to at the time.

I’m not sure about this. I think the sample
                  hits hard in the Firecracker version but I don’t think her vocals are as good and it sounds unfinished to me. The Candy version (Remix) has always been as incredible to me as Heartbreaker for example like that top tier. But don’t get me wrong how good would it have been if she had nabbed that No.1 in 2001. Everything since might have been different!

Comment

• Statsandchart
                    • 03 Oct 2022

By the end of this decade, Mariah will earn her 3rd song of the decade. This is one in a thousand year record. We don’t deserve Mariah. She’s done what she has has to do even if she is past her prime. Yet she still get all the hate. We will never see another artist achieve this atleast in the next 50 - 100 years. Damn. She should really be in the bible.
                    And she has faced more attacks and criticism than any other high profile diva, from fellow artists, the media, the music industry (Grammys, Rolling Stone, etc.), haters, heads of label (Mottola), fans, etc...and yet she is still active and overcomes all that.
                    We have no idea of all the strength and perseverance it requires, to continue even more, after having endured all this.
                    Her success pays her well, in return, fortunately.

Comment

• am1
                      • 10 Mar 2012

I'm back listening to MIAM, I think it's one of my fave MC albums as a whole. It's a bit messy and frantic in places, but the musicality on songs like camouflage is amazing - that last belt at 03:30 gets me everytime. It's pure Mariah doing what she wants to do.

Comment

• Statsandchart
                        • 03 Oct 2022

At the end of the current decade, Mariah will add dozens of millions sales to her total, many of her other Christmas favorites (Oh Santa, CBPCH, O Holy Night, SCICTT, Silent Night, Hark The Herald Angel Sing) will be platinum and multi-platinum in many countries.

Comment

• 05musicbox
                          Roadie
                          • 04 Dec 2012

Originally posted by Statsandchart

And she has faced more attacks and criticism than any other high profile diva, from fellow artists, the media, the music industry (Grammys, Rolling Stone, etc.), haters, heads of label (Mottola), fans, etc...and yet she is still active and overcomes all that.
                          We have no idea of all the strength and perseverance it requires, to continue even more, after having endured all this.
                          Her success pays her well, in return, fortunately.
                          When i read this, i auddenly remembered the NYE debacle. God mariah is really a strong woman to have survived that..
                          AsaPUKE ing bola
                          king lalam ning TETE

Comment

• lambforever
                            Legend
                            • 08 Mar 2010

At the end of the current decade, Mariah will add dozens of millions sales to her total, many of her other Christmas favorites (Oh Santa, CBPCH, O Holy Night, SCICTT, Silent Night, Hark The Herald Angel Sing) will be platinum and multi-platinum in many countries.
                            All the singles off that album will be certified by then and looking frlorward for CBPCH to be multi platinum and AIWFCIY to be 20x platinum
                            Proceed with Caution

Comment

• skylynx
                              Superstar
                              • 12 Sep 2009

By the end of this decade, Mariah will earn her 3rd song of the decade. This is one in a thousand year record. We don’t deserve Mariah. She’s done what she has has to do even if she is past her prime. Yet she still get all the hate. We will never see another artist achieve this atleast in the next 50 - 100 years. Damn. She should really be in the bible.
                              How do we even know Billboard would allow this?

I'm more inclined to think they'll just go with Blinding Lights unless there's an even bigger song.

BW - how much is Blinding Lights growing, it surely is not standing still as well having just taken over the largest streaming song on Spotify from Ed Sheeran recently>

Comment

• Statsandchart
                                • 03 Oct 2022

Originally posted by lambforever

All the singles off that album will be certified by then and looking frlorward for CBPCH to be multi platinum and AIWFCIY to be 20x platinum
                                At the same pace as the current rate and with the same favorable factors, AIWFCIY should sell nearly 30 million overall (thus triple diamond) in the USA alone at the end of 2030 ( then right after the 2020 decade) , given that it sells 2 million there per year.

Being already at 12 million right now, it would have 16 million left for the rest of the decade (8 years x per 2 million sales) to total 28 million..
                                That's really crazy lol
                                Last edited by Statsandchart; Thu January 5, 2023, 14:03.

Comment

• lambforever
                                  Legend
                                  • 08 Mar 2010

At the same pace as the current rate and with the same favorable factors, AIWFCIY should sell nearly 30 million overall (thus triple diamond) in the USA alone at the end of 2030 ( then right after the 2020 decade) , given that it sells 2 million there per year.

Being already at 12 million right now, it would have 16 million left for the rest of the decade (8 years x per 2 million sales) to total 28 million..
                                  That's really crazy lol
                                  I would think thay she is at 14 million least as that 12 x platinum was 2021 season. So 30 million is going to happen
                                  Proceed with Caution

Comment

• Jonathan
                                    Legend
                                    • 12 Aug 2008

Originally posted by skylynx

How do we even know Billboard would allow this?

I'm more inclined to think they'll just go with Blinding Lights unless there's an even bigger song.

BW - how much is Blinding Lights growing, it surely is not standing still as well having just taken over the largest streaming song on Spotify from Ed Sheeran recently>
                                    Blinding Lights failed to chart in the Billboard Year-End singles 2022, AIWFCIY will be bigger by the end of the decade.
                                    My music library: LAST.FM

Comment

• skylynx
                                      Superstar
                                      • 12 Sep 2009

Originally posted by Jonathan

Blinding Lights failed to chart in the Billboard Year-End singles 2022, AIWFCIY will be bigger by the end of the decade.
                                      To think about 3 Songs of the Decade is just unfathomable....it's a very lofty record and title.

It's hard to even get one decade let alone 3. Don't give me false hope

As it's shaping up so far it looks like Blinding Lights, AIWFCIY (if they allow it) are in the driving position. We still have another 7 years to go, that's quite a length of time in music, anything can happen. Also at the rate in the most basic and mid songs are getting certs by the time we reach the end of the decade, diamond records would be just the norm.

With the Billboard Song of the Decade are they based on sales? chart positioning throughout the entire run or something else?

On the artist front, there doesn't appear to be anything stopping a Drake vs. Taylor rematch again. She seems to be doing a bit better than him this decade. Her album sales are overwhelming though he may still have the advantage in terms of single results (though as her latest album has shown, she can definately fight him on streaming). The Weeknd I thought was going to give them a run for their money though it looks like he's on the downward trajectory and does not release as often as the other two, nor is his songs charting as high.
                                      Last edited by skylynx; Thu January 5, 2023, 14:23.

Comment

• skylynx
                                        Superstar
                                        • 12 Sep 2009

Imagine...

Song of the Decade 1990s

Song of the Decade 2000s

Song of the Decade 2020s

Song of the Decade 2030s

Song of the Decade 2040s

Comment

• lambforever
                                          Legend
                                          • 08 Mar 2010

Knowing January month is the most quiet month for the lambs, I'm hoping February some surprises are announced
                                          Proceed with Caution

Comment

Working...