The playlisting worked wonders. Closer to the 500k
    Proceed with Caution

Comment

• WEBofDESIRE
      Manager
      • 06 Oct 2018

Originally posted by sm3

This.

Someone talked about Billboard saying Caution was not successful sales wise hence the lack of nominations. Mary's latest album has only one song with 15m streams, majority of the other album cuts are struglling to make 1 million streams.Its reviews from critics were not as Stellar as Caution. It's physical album sales, doubt have gotten to 30,000 copies to date, yet got 6 nominations. Make it make sense. I think the Grammys just despise MC
      Not to say it is fair, but MC has said some things publicly about them that might make the noms a bit hard to come by for her. She would need critical acclaim and stellar sales in order for them to begrudgingly offer her one.

Comment

• WEBofDESIRE
        Manager
        • 06 Oct 2018

Originally posted by Pureimagination
        It's a wrap received its biggest update yet with 463k streams
        500k would be quite a coup for such an old track.

Comment

• Yerac
          Manager
          • 26 Jul 2018

Originally posted by WEBofDESIRE

500k would be quite a coup for such an old track.
          Miguel has a track that went viral like It's a wrap and it is from 2010 and it is receiving over 3 millions daily lol

so we can do so much better in time :_)
          Last edited by Yerac; Tue February 7, 2023, 17:02.

Comment

• TheRealest
            Legend
            • 09 Dec 2009

Sure Thing was already a minor hit when it was released. It’s A Wrap is a random album track

Comment

• Yerac
              Manager
              • 26 Jul 2018

Originally posted by TheRealest
              Sure Thing was already a minor hit when it was released. It’s A Wrap is a random album track
              And? if it is getting good numbers it is cos it is going viral. Obsessed was a minor hit as well, and it didnt do the numbers that It's a wrap is doing. So make it make sense.?

Comment

• WEBofDESIRE
                Manager
                • 06 Oct 2018

Originally posted by Yerac

Miguel has a track that went viral like It's a wrap and it is from 2010 and it is receiving over 3 millions daily lol

so we can do so much better in time :_)
                That's insane. I don't know if IAW will get there or not. That number is a big number for Mariah if the song isn't AIW. For a 14 year old song from an artist without much streaming pull, I think the 500k would still be impressive.

Comment

• WEBofDESIRE
                  Manager
                  • 06 Oct 2018

Originally posted by allygdale

Please lord!

I can’t take living only in the legacy much longer, come out of new music retirement mama!
                  IKR. The fact she hasn't even teased anything in forever makes me worry about 2023 though, might be 2024 at earliest now.

Comment

• DOSSOME
                    Legend
                    • 20 May 2013

If this ends up being a Gold or Platinum hit for her, I'd totally lose it.... One thing she should hopefully take from this is, TikTok is where it's at.

Comment

• WhenUWalkBy
                      • 30 Jul 2021

Really hoping at least one track from Caution will go viral one day. I think of all her albums, it's the one that truly needs justice and resurgence.

Comment

• DOSSOME
                        Legend
                        • 20 May 2013

Originally posted by WhenUWalkBy
                        Really hoping at least one track from Caution will go viral one day. I think of all her albums, it's the one that truly needs justice and resurgence.
                        I just heard 8th Grade a few minutes ago. How this song still sounds this fresh, almost 5 years later,WOW...

Then again,if there's a song off this album that could go viral, it'll probably be Caution,The Distance or GTFO.

Comment

• stevyy
                          Site Supporter
                          • 14 May 2005

IKR. The fact she hasn't even teased anything in forever makes me worry about 2023 though, might be 2024 at earliest now.
                          2026 the the very earliest. We all know Mariah needs to talk about a project for 3-5 years now... until it becomes a reality.

She started teasing SUD in late 2020... so that should be the benchmark.

However, I am almost certain that we won't get any new album this decade. The decade has already progressed too much. I assume, we might get a new compilation album by 2030 or 2031.

My Chart

Comment

• banksy
                            Manager
                            • 06 Aug 2016

Not to say it is fair, but MC has said some things publicly about them that might make the noms a bit hard to come by for her. She would need critical acclaim and stellar sales in order for them to begrudgingly offer her one.
                            Jay-Z, Kanye, and a host of other artists have all slammed the Grammys harder than Mariah has, and have gone on to win more Grammys

The Grammy voters just despise Mariah.

Comment

• DOSSOME
                              Legend
                              • 20 May 2013

Originally posted by stevyy

2026 the the very earliest. We all know Mariah needs to talk about a project for 3-5 years now... until it becomes a reality.

She started teasing SUD in late 2020... so that should be the benchmark.

However, I am almost certain that we won't get any new album this decade. The decade has already progressed too much. I assume, we might get a new compilation album by 2030 or 2031.
                              We really took for granted the 2008-2010 years where we got 3 albums in 3yrs + The Ballads

Comment

• stevyy
                                Site Supporter
                                • 14 May 2005

Originally posted by banksy

Jay-Z, Kanye, and a host of other artists have all slammed the Grammys harder than Mariah has, and have gone on to win more Grammys

The Grammy voters just despise Mariah.
                                I also don't buy the excuse of "Mariah insulted them..."

Mariah didn't win any Grammys when she was sucking up to them in the 90s and continues to not win anything.

AIWFCIY should also have been inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago... how much more impactful and legendary could a song become? lol.

I hate the Recording Academy. Mariah is not only my only fave who is judged "too bad for a Grammy"... there are tons upon tons of incredible (non-US/UK) acts out there who are never considered for anything.

That is why the Grammys could never be considered the "most important" and most globally relevant music prize... because they only consider a handful of artists.

In the past 10-15 years they awarded the same people over and over. The group of recipients (of the more relevant Grammy categories) has become smaller and smaller.

Taylor will always win for sth.
                                Adele only needs to announce an album and gets nominated.
                                Beyoncé doesn't even need to release new music, she gets nominated annually.
                                Throw in a veteran like U2 or Springsteen, a nomination is always guaranteed.
                                John Legend, Coldplay, Bruno, Billie etc...

Mariah only received recognition these days from the so-called "R&B community".

And knowing Mariah, it is the only validation that would mean sth to her.

I want to remind everyone that just a few months ago, Rolling Stone Magazine ran a weeks long hate campaign littered with fake news against her in order to undermine her Christmas domination. White media was really busy trying to spin Mariah as some sort of satanic anti Christian and they even used old-aged black veteran acts as a puppet to spew their agenda and I am convinced now that the person in question doesn't even know what she did.
                                My Chart

Comment

• stevyy
                                  Site Supporter
                                  • 14 May 2005

Originally posted by DOSSOME

We really took for granted the 2008-2010 years where we got 3 albums in 3yrs + The Ballads
                                  For a moment it felt like the 90s again.
                                  My Chart

Comment

• TheRealest
                                    Legend
                                    • 09 Dec 2009

Originally posted by Yerac

And? if it is getting good numbers it is cos it is going viral. Obsessed was a minor hit as well, and it didnt do the numbers that It's a wrap is doing. So make it make sense.?
                                    Girl you better pipe down I was just saying those numbers are great for an album track whereas Sure Thing was already bigger because it was an actual single with a video etc. Also you can’t compare Obsessed with this because that went viral when TikTok was new. Keep it cute tho!

Comment

• lambforever
                                      Legend
                                      • 08 Mar 2010

Originally posted by DOSSOME

Sad thing is I remember Lambs complaining about another album so quickly at that point
                                      Proceed with Caution

Comment

• lambforever
                                        Legend
                                        • 08 Mar 2010

Originally posted by stevyy

For a moment it felt like the 90s again.
                                        Let's all have a Justice for mew music movement . A new album this year and next
                                        Proceed with Caution

Comment

• Yerac
                                          Manager
                                          • 26 Jul 2018

Originally posted by TheRealest

Girl you better pipe down I was just saying those numbers are great for an album track whereas Sure Thing was already bigger because it was an actual single with a video etc. Also you can’t compare Obsessed with this because that went viral when TikTok was new. Keep it cute tho!
                                          I do apologise for my tone, as it was really out of order. Sorry. I still think it doesn't matter if it was a minor hit or not, it matters how viral you go.

Comment

Working...