X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FKA twigs

I couldnt find a thread so I made one.
    CATCH YA IN 2017

Is she any good? I keep hearing about her....

Comment

Originally posted by Ruthymon
      Yes, her debut album LP1 has a score of 86 on Metacritic, she was nominated for the Prize Award and Brits Awards this year.
      Her music is not very easy listening, it's very particular, and she's a very good dancer and performer.

This is her most famous-popular song from the album:
      [youtube:ujudwxd7]3yDP9MKVhZc[/youtube:ujudwxd7]

Comment

Originally posted by Ruthymon
        Are you a fan of Dawn Richard?...

Comment

Originally posted by MusicJunk90

Are you a fan of Dawn Richard?...
          I am.

Comment

I agree that she's not easy to listen to... :-? I keep re-listening to her on Spotify to see if she'll grow, because I really like her voice. I'm going to keep trying though! I'm determined to like her music lol!
            We all know goodbyes will always lead to new hellos

Comment

I like her. Her music is like an experience. It's weird (in a good way)

Comment

Two weeks is one of the best songs released in recent years imo. It's so f good.
                Eudaimonia
                Last.fm
                Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by MichielMC
                  Two weeks is one of the best songs released in recent years imo. It's so f good.
                  +1
                  Ne me cherche pas, je ne suis plus l, baby

Comment

Originally posted by MIMIxAyu
                    I agree that she's not easy to listen to... :-? I keep re-listening to her on Spotify to see if she'll grow, because I really like her voice. I'm going to keep trying though! I'm determined to like her music lol!
                    Start with the first 2 EPs, not immediately with the album, the EP1 is not even on Spotify, but it's the better way to enter in her music starting with her first project, it's more easy listening

Comment

[youtube:y7if9p04]cNbFc-fa-ww[/youtube:y7if9p04]

Her last video is amazing. This new song will be on EP3 that will be out this year.

Comment

Your weaves are not ready for this:

Lil twig covers the new issue of Complex, and announces the name of EP3 (which is due out in the next two months!). "The EP is called Melissa, and 'Melissa' to me is my personal female energy. I've never called it 'Melissa' before the EP. Its not a weird alter ego. It's just my way of separating it from myself."

[youtube:36a7pwqi]LvDqlalnk_c[/youtube:36a7pwqi]

http://www.oystermag.com/fka-twigs-name ... WG6TcKt.99

Comment

There is speculation in the media that Robert Pattinson's girlfriend and musician FKA Twigs will replace Rita Ora as a judge on "The Voice UK." Ora quit "The Voice" to join "The X-Factor UK" as a judge and announced the decision on her Twitter.
                          Hope it's not true :-?

Comment

Apparently LP1 has sold 80k copies in America but I can't seem to find any uk numbers for the album which I think would probably be quite respectable too. I'm going to do some research for her sales and if anyone could help that would be great.
                            Britney, X-tina, Lana, Janet, Spice Girls, Kylie, Dannii

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by adamf2thedeath View Post
                                Apparently LP1 has sold 80k copies in America but I can't seem to find any uk numbers for the album which I think would probably be quite respectable too. I'm going to do some research for her sales and if anyone could help that would be great.

130k, probably WW? Or maybe US (2016)

and 340,000 records worldwide (2019)

I follow it through this, ADA new release guide: https://axis.wmg.com/h/sellsheets/nrbookada/

Comment

The most underrated artist at this point!
                                  BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                                  YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

EP2 is amazing.

Comment

New to the amazingness that is fka twigs [MENTION=12901]ThaInfo1[/MENTION]?
                                      I have received many gifts from God,
                                      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                        New to the amazingness that is fka twigs [MENTION=12901]ThaInfo1[/MENTION]?
                                        Yes and no. I've known of her since around M3LI333 (or however the hell she stylizes it ), and liked a song hear and there from it and LP1

But she dropped Magadalene and I've fallen in love with the album more and more each listen. So of course, I started looking more into her. I got high and started watching her videos and was AMAZED.

As a new stan, here my ranking of her projects.

EP2
                                        LP1
                                        Magadelene (the top 3 are literally all neck and neck)
                                        EP1
                                        M3LL155X

Comment

I have to take my time diving into her back cataloge. Her music puts me in a mood and I have to be careful. I have been a fan of Two Weeks and the video for years but I recently got into Ache.

Comment

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

FKA twigs reveals new details of “lighter” lockdown album recorded via FaceTime

My music library: LAST.FM

Comment

A bit James Bond this, at least a bit more accessible for FKA Twigs.
                                                1 Ofenbach |2 Harry Styles |3 Tom Aspaul |4 Harry Styles |5 Harry Styles

Comment

This is really good! The video is amazing. She really knows how to make beautiful visuals

Hope she doesn't take too long with new music and album in general now.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X