Tori Kelly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rlopen
    Tori without a top 50 single, and only like three televised performances, has already dragged and snatched the wigs off of so many bishes' careers.
    Murca ain't the whole World, Nobody Love was a global moderate sized hit! New Zealand went to #5, Australia #20, and Canada #36! Serlay a bit!
    Someone Like You - Adele cover by Murtaza: https://bit.ly/2TVZ5F2

Comment

Originally posted by murt94
      Originally posted by rlopen
      Tori without a top 50 single, and only like three televised performances, has already dragged and snatched the wigs off of so many bishes' careers.
      Murca ain't the whole World, Nobody Love was a global moderate sized hit! New Zealand went to #5, Australia #20, and Canada #36! Serlay a bit!
      She's still slaying with three televised performances and no top 50 single in the US. Not even the obsessed-with-basic bishes US media can stop her! (like when they stopped Kiesza...)

Comment

[youtube:1i9dgrwa]Mf0EB20KnEo[/youtube:1i9dgrwa]
        Expensive and Should've Been Us
        Expensive sounds like it can be a hit! SBU sounds better acoustic to me but vocals on point even though she was ill!

Comment

[youtube:neytj4kn]BVryZBfobds[/youtube:neytj4kn]
          Tour videos! I love "Where I Belong"!

Comment

http://www.neontommy.com/news/2015/05/h ... ay-artists

Extremely good read IMO, defines Tori in the best way possible, here are some good excerpts:

"Tori's biggest concern is to stay grounded and remember her roots...to not let down her fans and herself by becoming someone she is not just so that she could sell more records or become more famous...Tori Kelly has the power to start a movement and bring a fresh face to the music industry as her theme and message remains the same even after years of releasing music."

There is also a sizable section that analyzes her differences in comparison to current artists that "sold out" for fame. I am a fan of some of these artists that she is being compared to, so please don't come at me for using that term on them. It's simply the best way I could describe it and I don't want to copy the entire article in so...

Regardless, I am so proud of Tori for coming such a long way
            She just makes such beautiful things ...bonus track reference!!!
            [youtube:3omjmm90]29-VqACPxVA[/youtube:3omjmm90]

Comment

None of her songs are available on Spotify or iTunes Turkey :evil:

Wtf is her record label doing :evil:
              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by spiritboy
                None of her songs are available on Spotify or iTunes Turkey :evil:

Wtf is her record label doing :evil:
                I fu.cking kr same with the UK.

Comment

I (almost) Stan.
                  I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                  I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

Originally posted by BLover
                    I (almost) Stan.
                    I like her...but lemme here this album and that will be the verdict.
                    Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

Her best song is still Silent though.
                      But she's mad talented.
                      I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                      I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

[youtube:jmcx5yy7]TBSVm9WBWz4[/youtube:jmcx5yy7]
                        Love this one her lyrics slay.

Comment

Originally posted by murt94
                          [youtube:j80jotzh]TBSVm9WBWz4[/youtube:j80jotzh]
                          Love this one her lyrics slay.
                          Love that this one is a live version on her album

Comment

She ia gonna be on Goodmorning America tomorrow to perform! ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Colbie
                              She ia gonna be on Goodmorning America tomorrow to perform! ;-)
                              She'll also be performing at the MuchMusicVideoAwards tonight!

Her album is also streamable on iTunes Radio right now, but I've been fighting it badly to wait until the actual release since my friends and I are having a listening party! She also confirmed that the official video for Should've Been Us will be out tomorrow!

Comment

Her album is....ight. Idk..wanted something more.
                                Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

Much music video awards performance! ;-)
                                  [youtube:1ggyrfto]_tXgOLF5TEU[/youtube:1ggyrfto]

Comment

Tori's album!
                                    I love the Ed Sheeran feature track "I Was Made For Loving You". City Dove, Talk and First Heartbreak!

Comment

Just got my album from Target About to put it in but noticed Timbaland STANNING for her!
                                      https://instagram.com/p/4Q72otGvO_/
                                      He wants to work with her on her next album and that would be hot hot HOT!
                                      I'm gonna post my thoughts on each track after I listen

Comment

Album favourites are on repeat! First Heartbreak is my absolute fave ;d

Comment

1. Where I Belong
                                          Amazing intro, so representative of her, wouldn’t mind it to be longer but she gets away with it since it’s just an intro
                                          4/5 stars

2. Unbreakable Smile
                                          The essence of the entire album’s theme of being you and totally owning it.
                                          5/5 stars

3. Nobody Love
                                          Still don’t get why this didn’t chart better, love it even after all these months now...
                                          5/5 stars

4. Expensive (feat. Daye Jack)
                                          How in the world is this not a single?!?! I was bopping hard to this and am so pleased i never listened to it until the album came! Great message and Daye Jack had a good verse!
                                          5/5 stars

5. Should’ve Been Us
                                          Love this regretful bop, but it should’ve been the first single! (no hate on nobody love though) The instrumentation on this was nice and rhythmic to keep the momentum going.
                                          5/5 stars

6. First Heartbreak
                                          Yield, this is much slower but it brought that acoustic emotion that she brings best. Plus it sounded very natural to her and not like some forced ballad.
                                          5/5 stars

7. I Was Made For Loving You (feat. Ed Sheeran)
                                          Ed kept his place as the feature and it was a very good duet, loving the acoustic sounds staying in her music along with the mix of production here and there!
                                          4/5 stars

8. City Dove
                                          What an anthem for those not sure of what they’re aiming for in life! Preach Tori! City doooooooooooooovvve!
                                          5/5 stars

9. Talk
                                          Another interesting message, really liked the beat on this one!
                                          4/5 stars

10. Funny (Live)
                                          Proving her chops live, Funny acts as both a vocal showcase and a clever stab at the music industry, one of my slower favorites.
                                          5/5 stars

11. Art of Letting You Go
                                          (that title though, somebody’s stanning for Mariah) Really like the chorus in this, sticks in my head and reminds me of her previous work.
                                          4/5 stars

12. California Lovers (feat. LL Cool J)
                                          Summer jam of forever incoming!!!! This is like my fav song on the entire body of work. Its funky, its fresh, it is the definition of a feel good song with actual substance to it. LL Cool J did a great job too!
                                          7/5 stars

13. Falling Slow
                                          This was the only snoozer for me really. She still brought it lyrically but it kinda ruined all the momentum so far.
                                          3/5 stars

14. Anyway
                                          Phenomenal album closer, she is the same Tori from all those years ago, I’m crying at her strength in this business for not selling out like current trash. (I won’t point fingers) I admire her for closing the album very chill and not trying to be grandiose. (again, her keeping it real)
                                          5/5 stars

Overall, ridiculously cohesive album! Production was on point for all the songs, perfect balance between classic guitar Tori and production experimentation new Tori! The momentum was only down on certain points, but the message is clear:
                                          Tori Kelly is real, will always be real, and is out to spread nothing but good vibes

Comment

Official vid for shouldve been us ;-)
                                            [youtube:r14y7ysv]aE2drlA8vf8[/youtube:r14y7ysv]

Comment

Tori on GMA earlier this week ;-)
                                              [youtube:33mht6c9]8RsKioXzzRA[/youtube:33mht6c9]

Comment

Her song with Ed Sheeran in her new album is incredible, i hope she realize this like a single.

Comment

Originally posted by edwa
                                                  Her song with Ed Sheeran in her new album is incredible, i hope she realize this like a single.
                                                  Yeah its beautiful!

Comment

Tori photoshoot for billboard:

Comment

Working...
                                                    X