X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bm08
    replied
    Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

Lol I want a new proper era. Caution and Rarities were left at the moment they were released. I know promo these days hasn't the same effect as in the past and it's better doing specific/viral things, but I miss those days when she went on promo during several months (like in CB). Even in Memoirs she did an European promo tour.
    But I need a new album!
    I think she promoted the memoir really well last year! Sure there is room for improvement always (I would've liked for more international appearances) but the interviews were a great mix of funny vs. serious and she appeared in several places and over an extended period of time promoting it and not just crammed into one week.

I think with albums it's more difficult to promote when she knows she doesnt have the full backing of the powers that be.

But I must admit that the world seems to be embracing her now more than ever! It's amazing to see and feel. So maybe it's time for a new album?

Leave a comment:

• delapuerta
    replied
    Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Caution is still fresh for me LOL I want new music but not a new album this year I'm not ready!

Also I want a spring release this time! I mean, AIW starts its rise during October. I hate the fact that Caution was totally eclipsed by her Xmas Era.
    Lol I want a new proper era. Caution and Rarities were left at the moment they were released. I know promo these days hasn't the same effect as in the past and it's better doing specific/viral things, but I miss those days when she went on promo during several months (like in CB). Even in Memoirs she did an European promo tour.
    But I need a new album!

Leave a comment:

• delapuerta
    replied
    Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Lest we forget, she had signed on to do a TV series based on her life for REELZ during the later years of the Stella era.

For me, I dont see an adaptation of a movie or TV series based on her life as problematic tbh. I actually would love to see it, but dont want her in it or too overly involved. I think it could be cool to have it done while she's alive and well.
    I agree with you. I'd prefer a documentary or something like that where she can go into the writing process, her life and other acts talking about her.
    Her life is tough and if she's involved or whatever it can go the Glitter route

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied

Her version is the best.
    Now she needs to learn the lyrics well

But that's another territory she could explore and it's gonna be easy for her as it's so close to her Xmas domination and her popularity is at its peak. Plus her version is already the most popular one with zero promo. Still Top 30.
    I think she should release a new music video for it next year. I mean, we love the festive mess that is the original but there is room for improvement for sure!

It definitely is noteworthy that there are several covers of ALS and hers seems to be most popular on iTunes (and perhaps elsewhere?) at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• skylynx
    replied

Caution is still fresh for me LOL I want new music but not a new album this year I'm not ready!

Also I want a spring release this time! I mean, AIW starts its rise during October. I hate the fact that Caution was totally eclipsed by her Xmas Era.

Leave a comment:

• Shaka
    replied

I think if she work on it like she worked on Caution we'll get a full album by Fall. But of course, it all depends on what else she has planned for the year. Perhaps there are limitations now due to COVID, but we know she lays down vocals alone anyway.

I guess we'll get indications soon enough as to what to expect.

But after a brilliant 2020, I also wouldnt be opposed if she decides not to do anything at all.

Leave a comment:

• skylynx
    replied

Her version is the best.

But that's another territory she could explore and it's gonna be easy for her as it's so close to her Xmas domination and her popularity is at its peak. Plus her version is already the most popular one with zero promo. Still Top 30.
    She should find a way to perform it on some show in future BEFORE New year's Eve.

Leave a comment:

• skylynx
    replied

Yeah.

I saw it on Twitter earlier but it's also on the Xmas Thread.

That's incredible 5 weeks at #1, insane.

Leave a comment:

• Shaka
    replied
    Originally posted by skylynx View Post
    Auld Lang Syne is a classic waiting to happen. It's the only uptempo and tasteful rendition of that song out there. She needs to give it a fresh single treatment and keep in it the public's psyche. It should be the song people play as part of their NYE prep festivities.
    Her version is the best.

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied

Yeah, new music of course, we get that every year.

But I don't see a new album this year tbh (a regular one, I mean).

Maybe we're getting The Rarities Part II or even Someone’s Ugly Daughter w/ her vocals, that would be lit.

Looking forward and hoping for some interesting collabos tho.
    I think if she work on it like she worked on Caution we'll get a full album by Fall. But of course, it all depends on what else she has planned for the year. Perhaps there are limitations now due to COVID, but we know she lays down vocals alone anyway.

I guess we'll get indications soon enough as to what to expect.

But after a brilliant 2020, I also wouldnt be opposed if she decides not to do anything at all.

Leave a comment:

• Shaka
    replied

I feel like we're definitely going to get new music regardless this year.

I'll even go out on a limb and say Fall 2021 for a new album.
    Yeah, new music of course, we get that every year.

But I don't see a new album this year tbh (a regular one, I mean).

Maybe we're getting The Rarities Part II or even Someone’s Ugly Daughter w/ her vocals, that would be lit.

Looking forward and hoping for some interesting collabos tho.

Leave a comment:

• skylynx
    replied
    Auld Lang Syne is a classic waiting to happen. It's the only uptempo and tasteful rendition of that song out there. She needs to give it a fresh single treatment and keep in it the public's psyche. It should be the song people play as part of their NYE prep festivities.

BTW this performance kinda slaps (lipping aside)....has all the major uptempos.

#1 song on iTunes Holiday Charts.

Leave a comment:

• Shaka
    replied
    Originally posted by skylynx View Post

Really? where
    Yeah.

I saw it on Twitter earlier but it's also on the Xmas Thread.

Originally posted by LostAvenger View Post
    Germany:

01 01 Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You
    53 81 Mariah Carey f/Ariana & Jennifer - Oh Santa! *new peak*

Netherlands:

01 01 All I Want For Christmas Is You

02 08 Merry Christmas (new peak)

Hungary

01 02 All I Want For Christmas Is You
    17 re Santa Claus Is Coming to Town

Leave a comment:

• skylynx
    replied
    Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post

Let’s not sleep on this... she sounds incredible!

shevis in such good voice at the moment, probably the best since Christmas 2014!
    And she was outside as well in the cold.

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    In 2020 she released The Rarities + a Xmas Soundtrack.

I don't see a new album until 2022.
    I feel like we're definitely going to get new music regardless this year.

I'll even go out on a limb and say Fall 2021 for a new album.

Leave a comment:

• skylynx
    replied
    I read AIW spends a 5th week at #1 in Germany
    Really? where

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    Just as Auld Lang Syne was becoming popular, the label bumped the price back to $1.29

They're so messy.

Leave a comment:

• Shaka
    replied
    In 2020 she released The Rarities + a Xmas Soundtrack.

I don't see a new album until 2022.

Leave a comment:

• skylynx
    replied

Lest we forget, she had signed on to do a TV series based on her life for REELZ during the later years of the Stella era.

For me, I dont see an adaptation of a movie or TV series based on her life as problematic tbh. I actually would love to see it, but dont want her in it or too overly involved. I think it could be cool to have it done while she's alive and well.
    It will need a strong cast (or at least bright new talent) and production team otherwise it'll turn into a low budget mess that will go straight to streaming and not be heard of outside the lambs.

I would've preferred she holds off on the movie adaptation for another few years at least

What we need most at the momment I think is new fresh music. It's already more than 2 years since Caution and will likely turn into 3-4 if she doesn't hurry up.

Leave a comment:

• Shaka
    replied
    Tell ha Ms Dionne

Leave a comment:

• Shaka
    replied
    Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post

WHAT?!

You should.
    I stick to this general one. It's stresses me dahling!

Leave a comment:

• Shaka
    replied
    There u go...

Via Metro UK

Mariah Carey’s awkward reaction as she hears Jennifer Lopez performing during live TV interview

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2021/01/01/maria...4/?ito=cbshare

It was funny rather than awkward

Leave a comment:

• InfoFromAus
    replied

I saw it on Twitter so I wasn't sure. I don't check the Xmas thread
    WHAT?!

You should.

Leave a comment:

• Shaka
    replied
    Originally posted by ferrero View Post
    AIW did 1,264,249 on Spotify yesterday
    Great! Still inside the Top 100 Global (#93).

Leave a comment:

• Shaka
    replied
    Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post

Really good chart positions in the Mariah Christmas Chart thread!
    I saw it on Twitter so I wasn't sure. I don't check the Xmas thread

Leave a comment:

Working...
X