This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mimi_Lamb_95
    I still want her to surpass the Beatles, oh how I wish for another successful era.
    She is really close to beatles
    2 or 3 more no 1 songs . then she may retired from music and enjoy her life :(
    make mariah great again

Comment

• Originally posted by bonkroni
      Originally posted by Mimi_Lamb_95
      I still want her to surpass the Beatles, oh how I wish for another successful era.
      She is really close to beatles
      2 or 3 more no 1 songs . then she may retired from music and enjoy her life :(
      THIS.

The lambs need to unite to make her next era successful.
      Forget album sales, just nab the #1 Hot 100 single.

Give AIWFCIY an honorary #1, and then she only needs 2 more singles.

Then she can flop eternally, because her success will be unparalleled.

Comment

• p.s.

IF Rihanna surpasses Mariah, I will be eternally on the Bathroom Floor......

Comment

• Originally posted by MeIAmXino
          i never like this rendition , actually it's quiet pathetic to watch , IMO .

Originally posted by Lamhe
          [youtube:1y7vjrql]S-DIGyN0xTE[/youtube:1y7vjrql]

MESS!

https://66.media.tumblr.com/ab18bbfc...iyg7o1_500.gif

Comment

• Jesus... Pathetic?

It's hard to believe how different people's tastes can be
            You & I is probably my favorite vocal from her EVER

Comment

• Originally posted by Ratchet1
              If she did another Unplugged with her deep cuts and the Charm band intro. That would be a nice start to an era. The ratings would be huge
              Isn't MTV bringing back unplugged? They should re-air her original and do a new one some deep cuts, some hits, and some new material. Maybe TTR, VOL, WBT, CTTA, Butterfly, 2-3 new songs. I know that's a ballad heavy setlist but it would be nice to bring the focus back on the voice.
              funny how one can learn
              to grow numb to the madness
              and block it away

Comment

• This will forever be one of Mariah's best performances ever. She needs to come back with a performance like this on a major award show. Lipped or not. Just be emotional MC.
                [youtube:12wbzy0x]r2G36onJhhM[/youtube:12wbzy0x]
                F*ck off and lose my number.

Comment

• Originally posted by turbulent
                  Happy Anniversary to Me I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse

Comment

• Originally posted by EAI
                    This will forever be one of Mariah's best performances ever. She needs to come back with a performance like this on a major award show. Lipped or not.
                    Just be emotional MC.
                    [youtube:3ixh7efu]r2G36onJhhM[/youtube:3ixh7efu]
                    THIS !

Mariah needs to forget about the cameras and just SANG.
                    She is so self-conscious, constantly adjusting herself, trying to get the right angle...... it detracts from the performance :-?

Just sing Mimi !
                    Be still and let God fight your battles

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka
                      3:55 probably her best live G5 belt EVER.

[youtube:3bqw69xq]2zrEuM7Aqig[/youtube:3bqw69xq]
                      I know I am in the minority, but outside of the ones in Tokyo, I don't find her Daydream Tour voice that great. It may be her peak in terms of high-placed belts, but in terms of control, her placements of notes were a little sloppy. Especially when basing from this video alone. It almost doesn't sound musical. I like how full and powerful her voice sounded even in the fifth octave, but it's not as palatable as it is remarkable.

It's great for her 'range' videos, but there are eras, Musicbox, and even Glitter, in that regard, when her voice was more controlled, and silky smooth in comparison. Furthermore, she didn't need to constantly belt G5s to sound 'amazing.'

Comment

• Originally posted by LindsayLohan
                        Originally posted by Shaka

[youtube:2ycu0853]2zrEuM7Aqig[/youtube:2ycu0853]
                        I know I am in the minority, but outside of the ones in Tokyo, I don't find her Daydream Tour voice that great. It may be her peak in terms of high-placed belts, but in terms of control, her placements of notes were a little sloppy. Especially when basing from this video alone. It almost doesn't sound musical. I like how full and powerful her voice sounded even in the fifth octave, but it's not as palatable as it is remarkable.

It's great for her 'range' videos, but there are eras, Musicbox, and even Glitter, in that regard, when her voice was more controlled, and silky smooth in comparison. Furthermore, she didn't need to constantly belt G5s to sound 'amazing.'
                        I always thought Daydream was overrated. Things she lacked in Daydream she had in Charmbracelet.
                        "You and me in a cloud of REVERIE..."

Comment

• Speaking of Paris
                          [youtube:1y676h25]6oteb7skKXA[/youtube:1y676h25]
                          I'm so glad bartending school is paying off! #cheers to the haters there's so much more coming !!

Comment

I always thought Daydream was overrated. Things she lacked in Daydream she had in Charmbracelet.
                            The CB era will always be her greatest live vocal era to me. I would probably place her debut or Emotions era after that (1990 and 1991 respectively). I actually don't like her voice much in MTV Unplugged. It sounded too light like she had rehearsed too much.
                            I'm so glad bartending school is paying off! #cheers to the haters there's so much more coming !!

Comment

Originally posted by LindsayLohan

[youtube:8ik2vnpg]2zrEuM7Aqig[/youtube:8ik2vnpg]

Things she lacked in charmbracelet though she had in Daydream. Her voice wasn't as elastic and she dodged upperbelts alot. Daydream era was the most complete in my opinion. Musicbox-Merry Christmas era was also pretty complete (not the tour) because she had a lighter more agile voice but also had some husk in her tone from her previous eras. Charmbracelet's midbelt tone was perfection though. Had she not lipped during the charmbracelet tour, and had she gone for the upperbelts and did the riffs and runs from the rainbow tour, then it would've been the best era for me. Even though she was largely hoarse during the butterfly tour, I enjoy it a little more than the charmbracelt one because it was more live and she was going for all the high belts while doing crazy riffs and runs.

Comment

• Originally posted by eternally12
                                Originally posted by turbulent
                                The CB era will always be her greatest live vocal era to me. I would probably place her debut or Emotions era after that (1990 and 1991 respectively). I actually don't like her voice much in MTV Unplugged. It sounded too light like she had rehearsed too much.
                                I feel the exact same about MTV Unplugged. Plus, the undubbed version is a bit of a mess. TBH, I would watch Beacon 2014 over MTV Unplugged.

Comment

• For anyone craving a Mariah/Bey duet
                                  [youtube:c3jpyg6k]JBdKQtmDqoA[/youtube:c3jpyg6k]

Comment

Originally posted by turbulent
                                    Originally posted by LindsayLohan

Things she lacked in charmbracelet though she had in Daydream. Her voice wasn't as elastic and she dodged upperbelts alot. Daydream era was the most complete in my opinion. Musicbox-Merry Christmas era was also pretty complete (not the tour) because she had a lighter more agile voice but also had some husk in her tone from her previous eras. Charmbracelet's midbelt tone was perfection though.
                                    CB era has more wins over Daydream tho. The great thing about the CB era is that she changed songs to fit her voice and she added stuff to balance out the note dodging (it wasn't that much). Merry Christmas even had better upper belts than Daydream (studio and live).

Comment

Things she lacked in charmbracelet though she had in Daydream. Her voice wasn't as elastic and she dodged upperbelts alot. Daydream era was the most complete in my opinion. Musicbox-Merry Christmas era was also pretty complete (not the tour) because she had a lighter more agile voice but also had some husk in her tone from her previous eras. Charmbracelet's midbelt tone was perfection though. Had she not lipped during the charmbracelet tour, and had she gone for the upperbelts and did the riffs and runs from the rainbow tour, then it would've been the best era for me. Even though she was largely hoarse during the butterfly tour, I enjoy it a little more than the charmbracelt one because it was more live and she was going for all the high belts while doing crazy riffs and runs.
                                      Hmm I think CB era is the most complete Her whistle, lower register, mid-register and upper register were all on point. She had a beautiful mature sounding tone and her voice sounded healthier than the Daydream era. Her breath control was also superior. Apart from the St John the Divine and Thanksgiving concert which was most likely dubbed I can't really think of any MB/Merry Christmas era performances where she had free access to her upper belts.

Actually listening to all of Mariah's live Emotions ending whistles in her prime, it doesn't surprise me that she lips them these days. It's not that they are difficult per se; it's that it's hard to cross through the various bridges in her whistle register without going off key imo.

Comment

• I don't know the technical voice stuff, and while her CB tour voice sounded beautiful, I've always preferred the elegance and effortlessness that she had on the Slaydream Tour. Nothing can compare to Make it Happen and Vision of Love from that tour.
                                        funny how one can learn
                                        to grow numb to the madness
                                        and block it away

Comment

• Originally posted by LambChild
                                          I don't know the technical voice stuff, and while her CB tour voice sounded beautiful, I've always preferred the elegance and effortlessness that she had on the Slaydream Tour. Nothing can compare to Make it Happen and Vision of Love from that tour.
                                          YES BEST MAKE IT HAPPEN AND VISION OF LOVE! Or Hero! I never cared for that song until I heard her sing it live in the slaydream era.

Comment

Originally posted by lush
                                            [youtube:j3z6ev8l]Lzu4lgXy3sg[/youtube:j3z6ev8l]
                                            How is she soooo much slimmer on video?
                                            Because people can't Photoshop candid video as easily as they do pictures. Almost everyone knows how to edit/manipulate photos on their phones, tablets or computers. That's how come Mariah looks "fat" in one pic only to look svelte in a video the next day.
                                            Follow Moi På Twitter: Me. I Am...goatBuster©

Comment

• People can photoshop Mariah's weight to eternity....

But her face will always remain flawless, photoshop or No-photoshop.

Mariah has such Flawless skin,

Comment

• Originally posted by eternally12
                                                Originally posted by EAI
                                                Hmm I think CB era is the most complete Her whistle, lower register, mid-register and upper register were all on point. She had a beautiful mature sounding tone and her voice sounded healthier than the Daydream era. Her breath control was also superior. Apart from the St John the Divine and Thanksgiving concert which was most likely dubbed I can't really think of any MB/Merry Christmas era performances where she had free access to her upper belts.

Actually listening to all of Mariah's live Emotions ending whistles in her prime, it doesn't surprise me that she lips them these days. It's not that they are difficult per se; it's that it's hard to cross through the various bridges in her whistle register without going off key imo.
                                                Speaking of Emotions and whistles. I always wondered what the intro would've sounded like if she sung it live in CB and MOAIA era, and how the whistles would've sounded like if she sung them in TAOM tour.

Comment

• AMAZON Goddess!

I cannot.....

PERFECTION

Comment

• SUPERMODELriah !

Comment

Working...
                                                    X