This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LambChild
    Heat is my shit but I don't really play DIDT very often. I think How Much is the biggest waste of space on the Rainbow album tbh.
    And to think Mariah wanted How Much to be a single

Which album do you think has her biggest missed opportunities for smash hits? IMO it's Music Box -- she could have released Now That I Know and All I've Ever Wanted and they both would have been huge #1's -- and MB would be much higher on the all-time highest selling albums list.

Comment

• E=MC2 for sure.
      Migrate and Side effects were hits waiting to happen.
      Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• I'd have to say Butterfly for sure. A damn shame only two proper singles were released from her magnum opus. Breakdown, The Roof, Babydoll, and Whenever You Call all had hit potential IMO. It must've been hard for her the work she was most proud of really didn't get the full exposure it deserved.
        funny how one can learn
        to grow numb to the madness
        and block it away

Comment

• whenever i think about Migrate,Butterfly(the song) and Forever not pushed with the best promo ever to top the charts around the world especially US,i get so mad,
          seriously,i cant,,,,i feel like crying

and thet doesnt even compare to ATYNAF & WYB(duet with Nippy) been outside top 10 on Billboard Hot 100,ugh!!!i dont wanna talk about it

so many opotunities for Mariah to have many songs toping the charts or go top 10
          what the F!!

Comment

• IMO E=MC2 has the most missed opportunities. Even with the singles released like I Stay in Love and ESP I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time- this song along should have been a summer anthem.

Comment

• [youtube:3ju5dx1u]daDLg52sPcQ[/youtube:3ju5dx1u]

Say what you want about Mariah but what she does at 03:54 is quite simply one of the most impressive and beautiful things I've ever heard.

Yes, I'm having a YouTube Mariah sesh.

Comment

• I knew it was gonna be that part of the song Wayne haha. Amazing!
                To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Anyone know how tickets are selling for the shows? Like the SSFT, just a little bit of promo would get butts in seats!
                  To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by codehero
                    Mariah should release her own emojis. I'd use 'em.

Comment

• There For Me is great. I enjoy it more than most songs on Glitter.

E=MC² had at least three potential 19th #1s on it. But they had to realease the trash called Bye Bye
                      Floped and localed

Comment

• Originally posted by EAI
                        Originally posted by Shaka
                        Originally posted by justTrifling
                        Originally posted by Kaloki
                        I love Stevvy really, despite his questionable music taste
                        He's very wrong about Infinity but totally agree that DFAU is trash
                        Wait, DFAU is my jam (tho I don't like her "live" performances of the song).
                        Issa bop. I listen to it more than WBT.
                        I even enjoyed it live. Especially when you pretend the climax is live
                        I was having an emotional moment when dfauCLIMAX.mp3 was playing in that arena. And so was everyone around me who thought it was live.
                        This is my favorite performance from the song. I like the vocal changes she did during the second verse.

[youtube:3rgcm4en]wP9Ep0wunJA[/youtube:3rgcm4en]

P.S. I prefer the whistle in the undubbed version.

Comment

Heat is my shit but I don't really play DIDT very often. I think How Much is the biggest waste of space on the Rainbow album tbh.

How much is the biggest waste of a duet ever. We could have got slow jams pt 2. (Usher ft monica)
                          Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• Originally posted by eternally12
                            Originally posted by EAI
                            It was actually a rainbow reject. We love that song.
                            We also love that she leaked it herself, for free, for the fans <3 2017Riah would never.
                            <3 <3 <3

I ADORE that song.

Comment

I can't listen to Did I Do That, How Much & Ex-Girlfriend, especially considering the quality of her previous studio work (AKA her magnum opus) and even the other songs on the album like Crybaby, Petals, CTTA, Bliss... She mixed some of her best songs with crappy filler tracks.

Comment

• Originally posted by SawyerHewitt
                                E=MC2 for sure.
                                Migrate and Side effects were hits waiting to happen.
                                THIS.

E=MC2 could've been even bigger than TEOM Era if she would've played the right cards.

Migrate would have went directly to #1 and Side Effects would've been Top 5.

That Era was her biggest missed opportunity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne
                                  Say what you want about Mariah but what she does at 03:54 is quite simply one of the most impressive and beautiful things I've ever heard.

Yes, I'm having a YouTube Mariah sesh.
                                  Yasss Wayne, u betta stan for the Songbird Supreme and her iconic abilities <3

Comment

• Side Effects is a masterpiece.

Comment

• The second one from '94 >>>
                                      2010 was impressive too, growlriah in full force <3
                                      I wish we'd have a better quality audio recording from the one from CB Tour 'cause she sustained the belt with vibrato!
                                      The ones from '16 were so good

[youtube:3vhaujdh]F9Oedx8ZmAU[/youtube:3vhaujdh]

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey
                                        Side Effects is a masterpiece.

Comment

• I love her whistle register just as much as her lower register, but all in all I prefer her whisper and mid/upper chest register 'cause they're so unique <3

[youtube:k0jcbn2p]jJoiBtUCmjI[/youtube:k0jcbn2p]

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka
                                            Originally posted by NorthernMonkey
                                            Side Effects is a masterpiece.
                                            +10000000

Comment

• Okay just curious have Vegas tickets typically gotten cheaper as the dates approach? I've about 75% convinced a group of my friends to see her this December and I don't think $90+ is something they'd all be willing to pay.
                                              funny how one can learn
                                              and block it away

Comment

Okay just curious have Vegas tickets typically gotten cheaper as the dates approach? I've about 75% convinced a group of my friends to see her this December and I don't think $90+ is something they'd all be willing to pay.
                                                What's $90 when it comes to a legend? Get new friends!

One of my friends who saw her last year has 95% talked me into going mysef. he assures me that it's mandatory for a fan of divas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne
                                                  Originally posted by LambChild
                                                  Okay just curious have Vegas tickets typically gotten cheaper as the dates approach? I've about 75% convinced a group of my friends to see her this December and I don't think $90+ is something they'd all be willing to pay.
                                                  What's $90 when it comes to a legend? Get new friends!

One of my friends who saw her last year has 95% talked me into going mysef. he assures me that it's mandatory for a fan of divas.
                                                  Hey listen, I agree when I wanna go to a concert I'll pay whatever. If it wasn't a Christmas show I could potentially convince them more. My friend is a Britney stan and since she's leaving PH after this leg she's already convinced us all to go to that. If anything I should be the one complaining as I'm willing to spend a lot more than $90 on Mariah but am okay with sitting further away if my friends wanna come
                                                  funny how one can learn
                                                  and block it away

Comment

• VH1: You’ve Got to See Who’s Showin’ Up at Hip Hop Honors: The ’90s Game Changers
                                                    http://www.vh1.com/news/327541/hip-hop- ... tw_vh1main
                                                    by Andrea Wurzburger

It wouldn't be a block party without a few special guests!

Hip Hop Honors: The 90’s Game Changers premieres Monday September 18th at 9/8c, and I hope that y’all are ready to bring the ’90s back with a block party like you’ve never seen before. It’s all in the name of honoring the ’90s hip hop icons who changed the game. With honorees like Mariah Carey, Jermaine Dupri, Martin Lawrence, Master P, and Hype Williams, this show is about to blow your mind.

Do you think they’ll sing “Sweetheart” and Mariah will bring that fluffy white cat from the video with her? Can we make that happen?
                                                    And that’s not all.

I hate to name drop, but…Oh, who am I kidding? I love to name drop. You already know that Missy Elliott is going to start off the show with an epic tribute to the ’90s, but the fun doesn’t stop after that. This year’s Hip Hop Honors will feature performances by Da Brat, Fabolous, Fat Joe, Havoc, Lil Kim, The LOX, Remy Ma, Ty Dolla $ign, and XSCAPE. DJ Khaled, Tichina Arnold, and Faith Evans have also been announced as presenters. Y’all ready to party yet?

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Working...
                                                    X