Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emotions - Should have at least one more single.

Music Box - Now That I Know (it would be a standout as she had mostly ballad singles those days)

Daydream - Underneath The Stars would have been another smash

Butterfly - The Roof should have gotten more attention by SONY and Mariah

Rainbow - Mariah should have given in to SONY and release whatever they liked and both CTTA and Crybaby could have been proper hits in their own time

Glitter - Last Night A DJ Saved My Life could have charted in a single edit version

Charmbracelet - Bringin' On The Heartbreak (as it is still one of her best covers and I love the video!!!)

TEOM - Mine Again should have been released the moment it entered the HOT 100 all on its own

E=MC² - Migrate (seeing Obessed made it to the top 10, Migrate surely would have been #1)

Memoirs - Betcha Gon' Know (especially the Jumpsmokers Remix would have been big on the dance charts)

Me. I Am Mariah - Faded, Make It Look Good, Thirsty... any of those could have saved the album if it had been released closer to #Beautiful
    UKMIX Favourite Members 2021: RayRay being the first member to appear on 20 different voting lists!

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08
      VH1: You’ve Got to See Who’s Showin’ Up at Hip Hop Honors: The ’90s Game Changers
      http://www.vh1.com/news/327541/hip-hop- ... tw_vh1main
      by Andrea Wurzburger

It wouldn't be a block party without a few special guests!

Hip Hop Honors: The 90’s Game Changers premieres Monday September 18th at 9/8c, and I hope that y’all are ready to bring the ’90s back with a block party like you’ve never seen before. It’s all in the name of honoring the ’90s hip hop icons who changed the game. With honorees like Mariah Carey, Jermaine Dupri, Martin Lawrence, Master P, and Hype Williams, this show is about to blow your mind.

Do you think they’ll sing “Sweetheart” and Mariah will bring that fluffy white cat from the video with her? Can we make that happen?
      And that’s not all.

I hate to name drop, but…Oh, who am I kidding? I love to name drop. You already know that Missy Elliott is going to start off the show with an epic tribute to the ’90s, but the fun doesn’t stop after that. This year’s Hip Hop Honors will feature performances by Da Brat, Fabolous, Fat Joe, Havoc, Lil Kim, The LOX, Remy Ma, Ty Dolla $ign, and XSCAPE. DJ Khaled, Tichina Arnold, and Faith Evans have also been announced as presenters. Y’all ready to party yet?

YAAAAAAS... That line up... Should we expect a performance?

Comment

• How much is trash, and so are Did I do that? and X-girlfriend.
        Wack ass songs.
        Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• There for me makes me emotional (other Mariah songs that have that effect for me are Never too far and Whenever you call).

Comment

• Each and every album from her had some missed single opportunties.

Alone In Love, All In Your Mind, Breakdown, Faded, Migrate, Side Effects...just to name a few.
            Floped and localed

Comment

• when Migrate debuted on the H100 due to strong digital sales... Island should have taken the cue and promoted it.
              My Chart

Comment

• I'll add some more should've been singles to my list:

Emotions: So Blessed

Daydream: Long Ago / Melt Away (could have at least been big r&b hits)

Butterfly: Whenever You Call

Rainbow: After Tonight

Glitter: All My Life / IDMTTYO

TEOM: Stay The Night

E=MC2: For The Record

Memoirs: Candy Bling

MIAMTEC: YDKWTD, Meteorite, Dedicated

Comment

• I want Mariah to make a Faded remix with a slightly more commercial hip hop sounding instrumental as her next single and actually promote it like she did Beautiful we need a radio deal
                  Someone Like You - Adele cover by Murtaza: https://bit.ly/2TVZ5F2

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy
                    when Migrate debuted on the H100 due to strong digital sales... Island should have taken the cue and promoted it.
                    Migrate was the obvious next single after TMB.
                    I remember her first performance of the song at SNL got some backlash tho. Don't know why 'cause she sounded pretty good and looked hot af.

Comment

• [youtube:et8b58au]6rfuVSv8RpU[/youtube:et8b58au]

Comment

• Mariah's World just aired in UK. Small bump on iTunes:

961 Fantasy
                        1244 Greatest Hits
                        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by Pawlu84
                          There for me makes me emotional (other Mariah songs that have that effect for me are Never too far and Whenever you call).
                          Songs that have that kind of an effect on me:
                          Looking In
                          Close My Eyes
                          Butterfly
                          Petals
                          Twister

I cry listening to these songs, especially Petals.

Comment

• LMAO, King!!!

Drive thru diva! Hilarious moment Chick-fil-A workers busts a move to Mariah Carey as he hands a customer her food

A Chick-fil-A in Dallas, Texas, has one very talented worker
                            The unidentified employee is seen dancing to Mariah Carey's song Shake it Off as he gives food to a customer in the drive-thru window
                            The customer laughs as the worker keeps a straight face while he dances

Comment

• yes @Woabritney "Melt Away,For The Record and After Tonight" ugh!!,this is y sometimes i hate those who makes those calls of what to go next

in Mariahs case,most of times they go wayyyyyyy offffffff

how can someone go with IWKWLI after Obsessed???really?????

and y taking Cant let go out when its already #2 on Hot 100 so that the Albun could sell,??what??

And what/who DF said yes to TAOLG after #Beautiful???

y releasing only 2 songs from Butterfly(the Album) on the Album that has so many Hot Hit potencial #1s in it???

no,no,no,nooooo,i wanna undestand one thing here,who gave the yes to release TTR as the lead single off Cham instead of BOTHB????

and im gonna hold the anger to all that were responsible to let Lil Love and One & Only with Twista go to waste,,

and i will never forgive the one who didnt release All I Ever Wanted and Till The End Of Time as singles,never,neveeerrrrr

im so mad right now,its too much

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka
                                Originally posted by Pawlu84
                                There for me makes me emotional (other Mariah songs that have that effect for me are Never too far and Whenever you call).
                                Songs that have that kind of an effect on me:
                                Looking In
                                Close My Eyes
                                Butterfly
                                Petals
                                Twister

I cry listening to these songs, especially Petals.
                                yes to all of those

well,u can add Right To Dream, FLAB,Miss You Most to me man,so touching
                                Mariah is so good with those types of songs

Comment

• Via Refinery29

In Case You Needed A Reminder, Mariah Carey's Heart Belongs To Hip-Hop

With her extravagant gowns, lavish lifestyle, and insistence on permanently perfect lighting, Mariah Carey earned her status as a pop diva a long time ago. Her mainstream credibility aligns just as easily with the likes of Madonna as it does with Beyoncé. But neither of these associations honor one of Carey’s strongest musical influences. Mariah Carey is actually a hip-hop legend in disguise. For those of us old enough to know, her new record with YG, “I Don’t,” is a return to an old Mimi, not an introduction to a new one. Let’s look at the receipts.

Carey’s early discography helped to solidify her place as one of the most talented voices of an entire generation. There is no denying that. But that body of work — including her self-titled album, Emotions, Music Box, and Merry Christmas — was created during a time when Carey had minimal control over her own sound. It wasn’t until 1995’s Daydream that audiences saw the singer take a sharp turn toward hip-hop. But that doesn’t mean it was capricious.

Over the course of her career, Carey has collaborated with hip-hop giants like Notorious B.I.G., Sean “Diddy” Combs (back when he was still known as Puff Daddy), and a pre-Beyoncé Jay Z, for “Heartbreaker.” In case you didn’t know how he became famous before Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta, Stevie J was one of the producers of her 1997 hit “Honey,” with Mase and The Lox. She infamously feuded with Ol’ Dirty Bastard while they tried to put “Fantasy” together. She maintains a close relationships with Jermaine Dupri, Nas, Young Jeezy, Missy Elliott, Gucci Mane, Snoop Dogg, Busta Rhymes, the list goes on. Mimi has done more hip-hop collaborations that most of your favorite rappers, easy.

But even outside of the music, Carey lives hip-hop. Who will wear sunglasses at midnight without a second thought? Mariah Carey and a rapper. Who always seems to be more bedazzled than necessary? Mariah Carey and a rapper. Who gives the least amount of ****s at any given moment? Mariah Carey and a rapper. ( )

And then there are her feuds. When a butt-hurt Eminem slammed her for denying that they were in a relationship, Mimi didn’t take the PR high road and brush it off. She made a dis track. Even today, she isn’t known to keep her opinion of other artists a secret. What if her dismissive "I don’t know hers" toward other pop stars isn’t trivial cattiness, but the same kind of competitive challenge that undergirds hip-hop? Public beef was perfected by hip-hop a long time ago, with emcees asking their peers to prove it when they claimed to be the best. Carey has picked up on all of it. For the most recent example, I’ll again redirect you to “I Don’t.”

It’s worth noting that the ambiguity around the type of music that inspires Mariah Carey runs parallel to early conversations about her race. When Carey’s career took off in 1990, several publications and critics assumed that she was white, as documented by Billboard. She took no time correcting them. Carey is the mixed-race child of an Irish mom and a biracial Black and Venezuelan father. But the quickness with which she was categorized as white and the tendency to ignore her connections to hip-hop serve the same purpose. Unfortunately, mainstream credibility is still contingent on wetting the musical palates of a pop audience that is read as white. It’s the reason Nicki Minaj had to go through that horrible “Super Bass” phase after her mixtape success.

Despite the politics of popularity, Mimi has made her love affair with hip-hop clear since the '90s. In an oft-cited Newsweek interview from 1999 she said, “[Critics] don’t understand that I’m someone who grew up with this music.” And late last year, while everyone was all worked up about Carey telling Andy Cohen that she still doesn’t know Ariana Grande, they missed the part when she said, “I listen to hip-hop more than I listen to pop music.” So I retract my earlier statement, she has never been in disguise. Mariah Carey’s heart has always belonged to hip-hop.

Comment

• AC Mariah! <3

Comment

• Bryan Tanaka just posted leaving Paramount Studios after "getting ready for a show that's coming up."

The Hip Hop Honors are being filmed at Paramount Studios this weekend.
                                      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08
                                        Bryan Tanaka just posted leaving Paramount Studios after "getting ready for a show that's coming up."

Suddenly I'm excited.
                                        F*ck off and lose my number.

Comment

• I wonder if Nas will be there with his new girlfriend
                                          F*ck off and lose my number.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka
                                            The second one from '94 >>>
                                            2010 was impressive too, growlriah in full force <3
                                            I wish we'd have a better quality audio recording from the one from CB Tour 'cause she sustained the belt with vibrato!
                                            The ones from '16 were so good

[youtube:11ezuf1k]F9Oedx8ZmAU[/youtube:11ezuf1k]
                                            Thanks for watchin! I def agree we need all of the CB tour released on DVD. Yeah she had been killing E5s in 2016! I can't wait for her next concerts
                                            Someone Like You - Adele cover by Murtaza: https://bit.ly/2TVZ5F2

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne
                                              AC Mariah! <3
                                              You know, I was actually listening to "Miss You Most (At Christmas Time)" earlier and it got me in my feelings. I love Mariah in all her incarnations.... R&B, Hip Hop, Pop, Dance, Rock, Jazz, Soul, Reggae, Country.... but her AC ballads will go down in history. I really, really hope "The Star" is a gem that could evoke that early 90s Mariah magic like "Christmas Time Is In The Air Again" and "One Child" successfully did.

Originally posted by EAI
                                              Originally posted by bm08
                                              Bryan Tanaka just posted leaving Paramount Studios after "getting ready for a show that's coming up."

Suddenly I'm excited.
                                              Me too!

I would love it if the Queen performs a medley of her classic Hip Hop collabos with Nas, Da Brat, Missy joining her on stage.

Comment

• Originally posted by ForeverYoung
                                                Originally posted by Wayne
                                                AC Mariah! <3
                                                You know, I was actually listening to "Miss You Most (At Christmas Time)" earlier and it got me in my feelings. I love Mariah in all her incarnations.... R&B, Hip Hop, Pop, Dance, Rock, Jazz, Soul, Reggae, Country.... but her AC ballads will go down in history. I really, really hope "The Star" is a gem that could evoke that early 90s Mariah magic like "Christmas Time Is In The Air Again" and "One Child" successfully did.

Originally posted by EAI
                                                Originally posted by bm08

Suddenly I'm excited.
                                                Me too!

I would love it if the Queen performs a medley of her classic Hip Hop collabos with Nas, Da Brat, Missy joining her on stage.
                                                Imagine Nicki making an appearance for Up Out My Face Remix
                                                “MARIAH CAREY IS BASICALLY A RAPPER IN A POP DIVA’S BODY”
                                                -Jermaine Dupri

Comment

• ^^that would be the best
                                                  hahahah

Comment

• Originally posted by himc15
                                                    ^^that would be the best
                                                    hahahah
                                                    Right! I would love to see these two together on the stage
                                                    “MARIAH CAREY IS BASICALLY A RAPPER IN A POP DIVA’S BODY”
                                                    -Jermaine Dupri

Comment

Working...
                                                    X